Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 08-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #61
crimsonvision
The Red Rose of Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanempire View Post
Unfortunately, no one is saying anything in terms of a location or even a confirmation for 3p on Saturday. I'll update here when/if the organizers chime in. As of now, Friday is looking like the only confirmed shoot.
I'm game for Saturday at 3pm and I'm pretty sure DA is as well since we are running around together in the costumes regardless of if there is a shoot or not. Should we just say we are going to meet somewhere?

Selling some of my Satine from Moulin Rouge costumes & more on Etsy!
www.etsy.com/shop/crimsonvision
crimsonvision is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #62
Yukishiro
I am my own entourage :)

I'm fine with that, though as this is my first D*C I have no idea what location would be best.
Seems like nothing is happening on the facebook disney shoot page (I messaged the page creator last Wednesday and haven't gotten a response)
If there's a decision made here we could get it put up on the big photoshoot list on here and facebook so everyone knows what's going on =D
Yukishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #63
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

I'm not wearing a Disney costume (princess or otherwise) this year, but I say the Sheraton pool atrium would be your best bet as far as location, and that I can tell no one else is using it Saturday at 3.

I hosted a Disney photoshoot at that location two years ago, and it worked great.

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.
MaryRyanBogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #64
mayanempire
mayanempire

Sounds good. I have a photographer friend who offered to take some pics right after the parade, but I don't know if she can stick around til 3. However, if 3 still works for all the Saturday folks (and it sounds like it does) I'll plan to keep the costume on and meet up with everyone then!
mayanempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #65
FeyMeggan

I'm game for the sheraton pool atrium, and I'll be in my all day, so time is relative.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #66
laizeohbeets
Dread Pirate Weasley

Does anyone have a location for the Disney shoot on Friday? Doing Hunger Games on Saturday at 2, so I don't expect I'll be able to do Ariel at 3.

I also have a Young Mackintosh who'd like to party, Disney-style, and Friday is more convenient for him, too.
laizeohbeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 03:28 AM   #67
Yukishiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by laizeohbeets View Post
Does anyone have a location for the Disney shoot on Friday? Doing Hunger Games on Saturday at 2, so I don't expect I'll be able to do Ariel at 3.

I also have a Young Mackintosh who'd like to party, Disney-style, and Friday is more convenient for him, too.
Friday shoot location is Hardy Ivy Park (with the Marriott Marquis Tower 1 Staircase as backup in case of rain)

Last edited by Yukishiro : 08-28-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Unread 08-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #68
crimsonvision
The Red Rose of Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanempire View Post
Sounds good. I have a photographer friend who offered to take some pics right after the parade, but I don't know if she can stick around til 3. However, if 3 still works for all the Saturday folks (and it sounds like it does) I'll plan to keep the costume on and meet up with everyone then!
3 works for me!

Selling some of my Satine from Moulin Rouge costumes & more on Etsy!
www.etsy.com/shop/crimsonvision
crimsonvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #69
Yukishiro

3pm works for me as well ^_^ I'll post up about the Sheraton Pool Atrium on the Facebook group so hopefully more Disney people will see it.
Unread 08-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #70
Kay Dee

If it helps, we have also started a Facebook event for the Friday 2:00pm photo at Hardy Ivy Park. https://www.facebook.com/events/3786...context=create All Disney type costumes welcome, including creative variations like steampunk and any live action movie princesses like Snow White and Huntsman. Just a fun photo gathering. Multiple characters are OK too. I think we have two Cinderellas so far?
Kay Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #71
mayanempire
mayanempire

As promised, here is a link to Luke's photos from the Saturday shoot. Great meeting you guys and gals. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukehth...7631339884746/
mayanempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #72
Kay Dee

And here is a link to the photos from the Friday meet-up: http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/dragoncon2012/disney

All of the original high res images can be downloaded if you click the "Original" blue text link beneath the medium res photos. Just wait for them to open first (can take a while because the file size is very large) then right click the large image to save it.
Kay Dee is offline   Reply With Quote