Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #31
Profess

I feel as if I booked the wrong thing if you guys are getting a deposit charge.

Rate Information:
Rate Type:
ANIME NORTH 2013
Rate per night: 137.00 CAD
Total for Stay per Room:
Rate 274.00 CAD
Taxes 35.62 CAD
Total 309.62 CAD

Total for Stay: 309.62 CAD
Includes estimated taxes and service charges. (Gratuities not included.)

Tax:
• There is a 13.00% per room per night tax.

Additional Charges:
• Valet parking: 19.00/night Self parking: 14.00/night

Rate Rules and Cancellation Policy:• Please contact us should you need to cancel your reservation.
• Cancellations are required by 4PM on 23 May 2013 local hotel time to avoid cancellation penalties.
• Your reservation is guaranteed by a deposit of 154.81 CAD that has been/will be charged to your credit card.

Room Information:
Rooms: 1
Clients: 1 Adult
Room Type: 1 KING CORNER ROOM NONSMOK

Preferences: King

Maybe I booked the wrong dates :s
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #32
sharkgrrl2000
sharkgrrl2000

Radisson Already Booked!?

So I tried to book a room for 2013 with Radison and apparently it's already booked up
sharkgrrl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #33
Jennbristow

Yeah It's been booked since like.. last week to my knowledge
Jennbristow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #34
Jennbristow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Rate Rules and Cancellation Policy:• Please contact us should you need to cancel your reservation.
• Cancellations are required by 4PM on 23 May 2013 local hotel time to avoid cancellation penalties.
• Your reservation is guaranteed by a deposit of 154.81 CAD that has been/will be charged to your credit card.
Read that last line, you have a deposit charge lol
Jennbristow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #35
Nefer
Silver fox

Hmmm, random question to those who booked at the DT... Is the deposite charge written in the email and/or the website when checking your reservation? Because, even though the lady told me there may be a deposit charge when I called to reserve, I have nothing whatsoever stating one in the email OR when checking my reservation directly on the DT website... Of course no ammount was pass on my credit card, but then again it may be only because they didn't charge it yet.
I only have this, but no 'Your reservation is garanteed...' underneath in my email like others seem to have...
Rate Rules and Cancellation Policy:
• Please contact us should you need to cancel your reservation.
• Cancellations are required by 4PM on 22 May 2013 local hotel time to avoid cancellation penalties.

..would be nice to know when people start getting charged so I can see if I'll be charge as well or not @_@

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #36
sweet_kat22
Graphic Designer

Nefer: This is in my confirmation email for DT: (at the bottom of the email) They should be telling people the guy told me over the phone even that it would be charged.

Rate Rules and Cancellation Policy:
• Please contact us should you need to cancel your reservation.

Atomic Lollipop
Unsure of costume plans

Fan Expo
Harley Quinn (maybe with a Joker)
sweet_kat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #37
Kawaii_Omi
Cloaked Schemer [ VI ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkgrrl2000 View Post
So I tried to book a room for 2013 with Radison and apparently it's already booked up
Its been fully booked since the evening Monday May 30th. They were the first hotel to open s when the details started coming online everyone booked there. When I called at 7PM the only had a couple doubles and kings on that Monday I got lucky.

Anime North 2014
Friday: Abbey Bominable (Monster High)
Saturday: Madeline Hatter (Ever After High)
Sunday: Dai Ji (DW7 Alt)

TF Con Canada
Friday:
Saturday: Jazz ( G1)

Niagara Falls Comic Con
Saturday:
Sunday:

Fan Expo
Sunday: Madeline Hatter ( Ever After High)

TF Con US
Friday:
Saturday:
Kawaii_Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #38
Lightning Baron
School of Puzzle Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalicia View Post
Your credit card number guarantees your room, not your deposit. It's them banking money before the convention. Other people have booked under non-AN rates and have not gotten a deposit warning.
No the room is guaranteed buy the 154.81$ deposit you pay the Double tree when you book the room. It is Half of your charges for your stay and will go to pay your bill once you check out. Now that they have been paid partially by you the hotel must give you a room, if they do not they will have to pay you back. A deposit is more solid then a credit card, cause it is actual cash. If it was your credit card that guaranteed your reservation your Booking conformation would have said "Your reservation is guaranteed by your credit card". This was not a "deposit warning". When you book a room at the Double Tree for anime north 2013 and used the code the hotel actually charged the deposit to your credit card and took the money and used it to guarantee you a room.

http://lightning--baron.deviantart.com/
Lightning Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #39
Yunalicia
Yevonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Baron View Post
No the room is guaranteed buy the 154.81$ deposit you pay the Double tree when you book the room. It is Half of your charges for your stay and will go to pay your bill once you check out. Now that they have been paid partially by you the hotel must give you a room, if they do not they will have to pay you back. A deposit is more solid then a credit card, cause it is actual cash. If it was your credit card that guaranteed your reservation your Booking conformation would have said "Your reservation is guaranteed by your credit card". This was not a "deposit warning". When you book a room at the Double Tree for anime north 2013 and used the code the hotel actually charged the deposit to your credit card and took the money and used it to guarantee you a room.
$154 is not half of my charges, it's barely a fourth of it. I have been booking AN rooms at the DoubleTree for 5 years and I have NEVER had to put a deposit down. You guarantee your room by giving them a credit card number, not an actual deposit of money. They have your credit card number in case you don't show up or cancel within the 24 hours prior to check in to charge one night stay on it as a penalty. That's how it's always been and has been for any hotel I have ever stayed at anywhere. My big problem is there is no reason as to why they are doing this and are only doing it to AN attendees and not people who book at regular rate.

Planned Cons:
*:AnimeNorth:*:2011:*
<3 Ai-Kon 2o11 <3
Yunalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #40
Lightning Baron
School of Puzzle Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalicia View Post
$154 is not half of my charges, it's barely a fourth of it. I have been booking AN rooms at the DoubleTree for 5 years and I have NEVER had to put a deposit down. You guarantee your room by giving them a credit card number, not an actual deposit of money. They have your credit card number in case you don't show up or cancel within the 24 hours prior to check in to charge one night stay on it as a penalty. That's how it's always been and has been for any hotel I have ever stayed at anywhere. My big problem is there is no reason as to why they are doing this and are only doing it to AN attendees and not people who book at regular rate.
Well everyone who has booked with the double tree using the AN code have been charged a deposit which the double tree is using to guarantee your room. It says so in the conformation email. This is most likely a new policy. I have booked rooms at other hotels and in their conformation emails it will say "guarantee to your credit card". The deposit most likely give you priority over someone who has booked and only guaranteed with credit card in the event of overbooking or similar event. The Double Tree in the conformation has stated "Your reservation is guaranteed by a deposit of 154.81 CAD that has been/will be charged to your credit card." That means I am guaranteed a room because I have paid them that deposit. Whenever you put down a deposit on anything it guarantees you will be provided that product or service, that deposit either is payed back to you or is used to pay your bill.

Unread 06-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #41
Kawaii_Omi
Cloaked Schemer [ VI ]

..I believe they may have the deposit because people have gone to the DT and other hotels and lost their rooms for some ..unknown reason the hotel over books itself. I've never booked at the DT nor have I ever had a probably of not ever getting the room I have reserved. I just heard of this happening over the feedback forms.

I've always booked at the Radission and it'll be my 13th year.

Anime North 2014
Friday: Abbey Bominable (Monster High)
Saturday: Madeline Hatter (Ever After High)
Sunday: Dai Ji (DW7 Alt)

TF Con Canada
Friday:
Saturday: Jazz ( G1)

Niagara Falls Comic Con
Saturday:
Sunday:

Fan Expo
Sunday: Madeline Hatter ( Ever After High)

TF Con US
Friday:
Saturday:
Kawaii_Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #42
Lightning Baron
School of Puzzle Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii_Omi View Post
..I believe they may have the deposit because people have gone to the DT and other hotels and lost their rooms for some ..unknown reason the hotel over books itself. I've never booked at the DT nor have I ever had a probably of not ever getting the room I have reserved. I just heard of this happening over the feedback forms.

I've always booked at the Radission and it'll be my 13th year.
This is true. A guarantee with cash is usually a more stable,safer and reliable guarantee.

Unread 06-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #43
GoddessDigi
Mommy of 2

Wish they didn't need it, though.
Usually, it would be NO problem for us, but we've loaned out a rather large sum of money recently, and don't want to dip into our Savings account, so have no extra right now..*sigh*
Oh well, Raddisson is good.
GoddessDigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 03:12 AM   #44
Zentropy

Hotel: Doubletree International Plaza
Date you made reservation: June 8th
Online / phone: Online
Code Used (if appicable): ANM
Number of people: 4
Rate per night: $177 + taxes

"Your reservation is guaranteed by a deposit of 200.01 CAD (= 50% of the total cost) that has been/will be charged to your credit card."
Zentropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #45
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Its a habit for hotels to overbook. When I went to PAX i was told i'd lost my room (i'd booked using an online website) and was sent to another hotel. This sucked as my other groups still had their rooms!

I think they have priority orders wherein online booking through 3rd party websites are tossed first - then those who did not give CC info, those who gave it and then those who have paid a deposit.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote