Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Closed Thread
Unread 02-01-2004, 10:23 AM   #1
jennekohan
蛙チョコレートがおいしいですね。

Exclamation Looking for really bad quality wigs

I'm going to be doing a cosplay panel of some sorts for a local comic shop's event soon and I'm looking for some really nasty wigs. A big part of what I want to talk about is about wigs. Where to get them from, how to take care of them, etc. So I'm looking to see if anybody has some really bad quality wigs that they'd like to donate (c'mon it is for educational purposes! ), to get rid of or sell for an extremely cheap price so I can show and explain to people in my area that are new to cosplay about how it can really be worth it to shell out the couple extra bucks to get a good quality wig.

Since I know it isn't worth it to purchase a $10-30+ Godiva wig out of a bag from some costume shop when you could pay a few dollars more and get an excellent long wig from a place like Amphigory, I'm NOT going to go around buying tons of bad quality wigs for this and wasting all my money. I have purchased some bad wigs in the past and will be taking some of mine with me to show people.

So if any of you have any wigs you would just rather not set eyes on again and would like to get rid of them please let me know. Remember, this is for educational purposes and could really help some future cosplayers out! Thank you!

Unread 02-01-2004, 11:38 AM   #2
chibi_kitsune
creator of my own world

I had a really bad wig that was given to me for a costume but me and my friend fixed it up abit.

"I'm delicious, no one should taste this delicious!"

Planned/future cosplys-
Derek Stiles and Victor Niguel-Trauma Center (Second Opinion version)
Daria Morgendorffer-Daria
Mei Terumi (the fifth Mizukage) and Konan-Naruto (Manga version)
Lin Beifong and Tahno from Legend of Korra
Unread 02-01-2004, 11:43 AM   #3
jennekohan
蛙チョコレートがおいしいですね。

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi_kitsune
I had a really bad wig that was given to me for a costume but me and my friend fixed it up abit.
I'm glad you were able to fix it up, but that isn't what this topic is about unless you are wanting to get rid of it...
Unread 02-01-2004, 11:44 AM   #4
chibi_kitsune
creator of my own world

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennekohan
I'm glad you were able to fix it up, but that isn't what this topic is about unless you are wanting to get rid of it...

sorry, sometimes i get off topic .

"I'm delicious, no one should taste this delicious!"

Planned/future cosplys-
Derek Stiles and Victor Niguel-Trauma Center (Second Opinion version)
Daria Morgendorffer-Daria
Mei Terumi (the fifth Mizukage) and Konan-Naruto (Manga version)
Lin Beifong and Tahno from Legend of Korra
Unread 02-01-2004, 03:56 PM   #5
Sami
» star*stealing girl

Oho, I have a really bad wig that I'd never like to see again... >_>

I'm 90% sure I saved the damnable thing when we moved - it's a perfect example of why you shouldn't buy long, $15 wigs off of eBay. ^_-

PM me if you want, and we can work something out. I'd love to hear how your panel goes!

sen - ti - ment - has - got - me - feelin'!
Unread 02-01-2004, 05:03 PM   #6
Niku-Sama
Robot Lady

I have 2 of those wigs as well,stupid lying ebay people.. well one I would love to donate, one my friend is using... O_o Its a 5ft long blonde godiva wig, I cut some of the wefts out of it but if you want it you can have it!
Unread 02-01-2004, 09:27 PM   #7
KaraokeKate
The Wig Lady

Say, when are you doing this panel? I'm going to be doing a demo of the exact same thing at Katsucon, and I've been collecting "crappy wigs" to use as examples. I could probably send you some when I'm done. ^_^

-Katie

www.katiebair.com
Unread 02-02-2004, 02:01 AM   #8
jennekohan
蛙チョコレートがおいしいですね。

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraokeKate
Say, when are you doing this panel? I'm going to be doing a demo of the exact same thing at Katsucon, and I've been collecting "crappy wigs" to use as examples. I could probably send you some when I'm done. ^_^

-Katie
It'll probably be in a month or two. A comic shop near me is starting anime events every month and wants to have fun little panels to go with their anime showings and cosplay contests. They haven't given me an exact date yet, all I know is the first event starts on the 27th of next month and they want to have the cosplay panel at one of the following events in the months to come. That would be really awesome if you have some that you don't need after your Katsucon panel and I would really appreciate it!