Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 03-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #76
Shannynn
Registered User
 
Shannynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
DT 3 takes half the time of walking to the Sheraton (from the front of the TCC it's 7 min taking the road if you want to avoid the DT) and i'm still told it's too far.

Also if you sign up to co-host, a panel will not be scheduled during your shoot as I am inputting stuff into their database.
I know nothing about the requirements of running photoshoots (although if it just consists of yelling, I can do that).
Shannynn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 03-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #77
DireKitty
Captain Kittens
 
DireKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannynn View Post
I know nothing about the requirements of running photoshoots (although if it just consists of yelling, I can do that).
lol.... for the most part, yeah. There is no requirement to run one besides submitting and saying you want to do it. Some people pre-plan shots they want, groupings etc. and spend a lot of time thinking things out - but I think most people just show up and see who comes and then yells out shots that come to mind. At least when you have a few people running it some can do crowd control and make sure everyone is getting into the shots they should (ie. the Fluttershys hanging around the back of the group)

It's all for fun.
__________________
Anime North Cosplay Photoshoots Staff
Kayle - League of Legends
Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #78
Shannynn
Registered User
 
Shannynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
lol.... for the most part, yeah. There is no requirement to run one besides submitting and saying you want to do it. Some people pre-plan shots they want, groupings etc. and spend a lot of time thinking things out - but I think most people just show up and see who comes and then yells out shots that come to mind. At least when you have a few people running it some can do crowd control and make sure everyone is getting into the shots they should (ie. the Fluttershys hanging around the back of the group)

It's all for fun.

Can a megaphone be supplied for the really busy days (i.e. Saturday), or does one have to rely on strong projection?
Shannynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #79
DireKitty
Captain Kittens
 
DireKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannynn View Post
Can a megaphone be supplied for the really busy days (i.e. Saturday), or does one have to rely on strong projection?
I personally don't have access to one; but I know one photoshoot has brought their own before.

It would be worth it for the really big shoots like MLP as not everyone has a booming voice (sometimes why multiple people calling stuff out can help).
__________________
Anime North Cosplay Photoshoots Staff
Kayle - League of Legends
Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #80
Shannynn
Registered User
 
Shannynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I personally don't have access to one; but I know one photoshoot has brought their own before.

It would be worth it for the really big shoots like MLP as not everyone has a booming voice (sometimes why multiple people calling stuff out can help).

One more question. Can people running and co-running photoshoots get in on the pictures?

I'm considering running the Saturday shoot at DT3. It's not THAT much walking (just walk along the sidewalk beside the Doubletree, not through the Doubletree!). Those trees could make for some amazing shots (Applejack apple-bucking, anyone?). I see no reason to run it at a TCC site when DT3 has the potential for some amazingly awesome pictures.

Last edited by Shannynn : 03-04-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Shannynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #81
DireKitty
Captain Kittens
 
DireKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannynn View Post
One more question. Can people running and co-running photoshoots get in on the pictures?

I'm considering running the Saturday shoot at DT3. It's not THAT much walking (just walk along the sidewalk beside the Doubletree, not through the Doubletree!). Those trees could make for some amazing shots (Applejack apple-bucking, anyone?). I see no reason to run it at a TCC site when DT3 has the potential for some amazingly awesome pictures.
Oh yeah totally!

yeah I agree, DT 3 does give some nice space to move around in, and has some good trees there too.
__________________
Anime North Cosplay Photoshoots Staff
Kayle - League of Legends
Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #82
TamsinAndShale
Est 1993
 
TamsinAndShale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 72
For Friday, I'm thinking 6 is the earliest I can possibly run it (I'm coming from a few hours away). 7 is still plenty of daylight but panels start around then. I'm thinking of a TTC location just because not everyone who comes to photoshoots finds out about them from coscom, and I know personally I almost never make it to the DT until Saturday.
__________________
* Peace! Thou talkst of nothing! *
TamsinAndShale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #83
DreamKitty
Living the Dream.
 
DreamKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,294,967,295
I had a burst of inspiration tonight and I'm pleased to say that I'm 2/3 of the way through a Princess Celestia cosplay. So, I'll definitely be hanging about as Celestia!
__________________
WORKING ON:
Varian Wrynn (lady ver.) - 15%

Come visit my cosplay page~ DreamKitty Cosplay
DreamKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #84
Shannynn
Registered User
 
Shannynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 76
I sent in a request for the Saturday photoshoot, which I asked for at 5PM at DT3.

Before complaining about it not being at the TCC, remember that it is only a 7-10 minute walk from there if you use the sidewalk (and don't go through the DT itself... that is how you can double or triple the time it will take to get there because it is very crowded!). We also have tons of space and trees! There are some awesome photo opportunities, plus none of the overcrowding that's always an issue at the TCC (especially on Saturday) and the sun's not blaring in our faces like it would be outside the TCC. I truly cannot understand any reason why someone would pick the TCC over DT3, except maybe being too lazy to walk a short distance (and if I, someone who is very out-of-shape can do it, so can you). If you have painful shoes, pack another (comfortable) pair to use for walking and then put the cosplay shoes on when you get to the location.

Besides, hopefully there will be some sort of official handout for photoshoots (I'm also planning to make handouts to pass around to bronies) so that people WILL know where to go.

I'm waiting for notification/approval, and I will need a couple of co-hosts since we know the shoot will get very crowded (over 100 people including cosplayers and photographers).
Shannynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #85
sweet_kat22
Graphic Designer
 
sweet_kat22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,413
You can take me off the list for now I haven't decdied if I will have time
for three costumes. If I do I will choose a pony closer to AN. (It would probably
be on sunday if I did wear it)
__________________
Had a blast at Anime North see you all at the next con!

Atomic Lollipop
Unsure of costume plans

Fan Expo
Harley Quinn (maybe with a Joker)

Last edited by sweet_kat22 : 03-05-2013 at 07:53 AM.
sweet_kat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #86
DireKitty
Captain Kittens
 
DireKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannynn View Post
I sent in a request for the Saturday photoshoot, which I asked for at 5PM at DT3.

Before complaining about it not being at the TCC, remember that it is only a 7-10 minute walk from there if you use the sidewalk (and don't go through the DT itself... that is how you can double or triple the time it will take to get there because it is very crowded!). We also have tons of space and trees! There are some awesome photo opportunities, plus none of the overcrowding that's always an issue at the TCC (especially on Saturday) and the sun's not blaring in our faces like it would be outside the TCC. I truly cannot understand any reason why someone would pick the TCC over DT3, except maybe being too lazy to walk a short distance (and if I, someone who is very out-of-shape can do it, so can you). If you have painful shoes, pack another (comfortable) pair to use for walking and then put the cosplay shoes on when you get to the location.

Besides, hopefully there will be some sort of official handout for photoshoots (I'm also planning to make handouts to pass around to bronies) so that people WILL know where to go.

I'm waiting for notification/approval, and I will need a couple of co-hosts since we know the shoot will get very crowded (over 100 people including cosplayers and photographers).
Last year we were in the pocket handbook with a map. We will be in there again this year. Handouts are great too.
__________________
Anime North Cosplay Photoshoots Staff
Kayle - League of Legends
Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #87
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?
 
Roxas-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 390
Okay, back again, getting this all organized. First off, I've officially requested a location/time for a shoot on Sunday. I chose TCC 3 at 12 for that day, since it will likely be a smaller gathering, and people tend to stick closer to the TCC on Sunday I find. I will edit all photoshoot times, tentative or otherwise, into the first post for reference.

Tamsin: Once you are sure on Friday, let me know how it goes, and I'll add the info.

DireKitty: I emailed the Sunday info to that email address. hopefully it worked out alright.

Shannynn: I'll help you with Saturday. I have a bit of expierence running them and would love to help. I have a very loud, booming voice, so I can do all the yelling. I ran the Naruto shoots two years ago. Two days in a row, for two hours each, yelling, and my voice was fine. ^^
__________________
Anime North '14
Gijinka!Unown - Pokemon
Human!Creeper - Minecraft
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
Roxas-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #88
Rei-Azalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 379
Roxas is going to use the royal canterlot voice! ODO
IT IS TRADITION TO SPEAK WITH THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING THE COSPLAYERS.
Rei-Azalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #89
Rei-Azalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 379
iron will will be postponed for another year. c: >

but i am still doing discord and my friend is doing chrysalis
Rei-Azalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #90
lostmydamnmarbl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3
i might do a Fluttershy gijinka cosplay on saturday if i can't get all the components for this other cosplay im planning which i think will be highly likely
lostmydamnmarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.