Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 03-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #91
Shannynn

I'm planning shots out in advance (well, roughly, it'll vary depending on what characters show up), and I'm wondering.

How long does one shot typically last?
Like, one of the people running the shoot calls the characters, they assemble, and then you let people take pictures for how long?

BTW, I am still in need of one more volunteer for the Saturday shoot.
Shannynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #92
Rei-Azalia

one shot should last about 20-30 seconds
Rei-Azalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #93
Shannynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Azalia View Post
one shot should last about 20-30 seconds
And how long should we wait between shots for the previous group to clear out and the next group to arrive?
Shannynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #94
RaverBob

I will likely be bringing my DJ P0N3 cosplay along. My schedule is pretty booked over the weekend with other major cosplays, but hoping to at least get out for a bit. I always love meeting other pony cosplayers and of course.. HUGS ALL AROUND! =D

Also, may have an Octavia this year! Dun dun duuuuun~
Unread 04-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #95
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Working on fixing up Twilight Sparkle a bit... I need to take the skirt in quite a bit (it was borderline too big on me when I made it, and when I add in the shorts I wear under my skirt it was almost totally falling off and I had to stick a safety pin in it to keep it on me), and fix the fit of my hoof pieces (one's borderline too tight, one's borderline too loose. So I had to keep readjusting them at Con-G). Also planning to remake the horn. It fell off and got a chip on it and I thought it was a little lopsided anyway.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #96
Rei-Azalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannynn View Post
And how long should we wait between shots for the previous group to clear out and the next group to arrive?

i have never run a shoot but i have been to many. c:
they always had about 10 seconds between shoots, just so people can clear off and the next group can come unencumbered.

c:
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #97
Nickle4aPickle

Sorry guys, but me and Mamie are dropping out. >< Hope to see you guys around the convention, though! *hugs all*

I was Serena from Pokemon X/Y (Sat am + pm, the one in the middle!)

POP IDOL DANCE SHOWCASE 2014 EDITION!

Wanna Dance?
Nickle4aPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #98
DreamKitty
Living the Dream.

Hey all, can I get your opinion on something? For Celestia, I'm trying to make it a bit more elegant than cartoon-y and I'm a bit stumped at her wings. I was thinking of making winged clips to put in my hair (kinda like angelic minis on Gaia if you know what those are) on either side of the tiara. I just won't have the time to make actual back wings for this and I know they are a huge part of her design so I was trying to think of ways to get around it.
Do you think that would work?

Come visit my cosplay page~ DreamKitty Cosplay
DreamKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #99
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKitty View Post
Hey all, can I get your opinion on something? For Celestia, I'm trying to make it a bit more elegant than cartoon-y and I'm a bit stumped at her wings. I was thinking of making winged clips to put in my hair (kinda like angelic minis on Gaia if you know what those are) on either side of the tiara. I just won't have the time to make actual back wings for this and I know they are a huge part of her design so I was trying to think of ways to get around it.
Do you think that would work?
You could maybe try something like a capelet or hanging pieces from the shoulder with a feathery design; I'm designing a more stylized Luna gijinka for next year myself, and I'm doing her wings as a suede capelet with faric cut and layer to mimic feathers.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #100
DreamKitty
Living the Dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
You could maybe try something like a capelet or hanging pieces from the shoulder with a feathery design; I'm designing a more stylized Luna gijinka for next year myself, and I'm doing her wings as a suede capelet with faric cut and layer to mimic feathers.
Ooooh, that's a good idea. I'll totally see if that can work!

Come visit my cosplay page~ DreamKitty Cosplay
DreamKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #101
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?

Hey, how's everyone's cosplays coming along. I have Discord 95% done!! Just need to paint his boots, which will be done sometime this week.

There's been a slight change to the photoshoot on Sunday. I was informed that the video staff is running My Little Pony in the video rooms at 12 on Sunday, so our nice friends in charge of photoshoots moved us back an hour, to 11, so that those wishing to go and watch the show can do so without missing at least some of the shoot.

So, yeah, to sum up: Sunday photoshoot is at 11am now, still at TCC 3. Info has been updated on the first post.
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
Roxas-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #102
Rei-Azalia

ok, epic. i have pinkamina and discord done, except for one of discord's shoes. c:
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #103
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Twilight Sparkle is ready to go! My only issue is keeping my Owloysius puppet on my shoulder. My blouse is too loose to hold the magnetic saddle on by itself, so I need to try layering something snug underneath to hold it on. Last time I tried that using my bra strap, ow. I'll have to use some padding or something.
Oh, and I made him a jewelled bow tie.
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #104
Rei-Azalia

aww, owlicious! <3
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #105
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yep! I got a gryphon woodbaby puppet one with the movable head styled after him (it's not his exact likeness. It's more realistic looking). Here he is, though sans bling-tie. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3361795/