Hey! Thanks for taking the time to look at my ad!
So, a bit about me. I've been officially cosplaying for about 2-3 years now, helping friends with costumes for 6, and sewing for 10. I'm currently at university and am studying costume design and construction, and have learned a lot about the proper way to construct garments, and monetary shortcuts to take which don't hurt the costume or harm the appearance. I have yet to upload pictures to my account here, but all my past cosplays (plus descriptions of what I made) are here
Also, I have learned to make custom kigurumi! I don't have any pictures of mine right now, but I will shortly.
6/9/12 I AM CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR RUSH ORDERS. If you need it in less than two months, I'm afraid I can't do it. Sorry.
- If you want a quote, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
and give me:
- A few pictures of what you want
- A summary of all the items you want, and any details you feel are important to get right
- Any specific materials you want to use, how you want things to fit, and anything you want to change about the picture
- Your measurements (Chest, waist, hips, and height are all I need for the quote)
- When you need it by
- Where it needs to be shipped to (just a state or an area would be fine)
And I will get back to you with a price estimate. If you are interested in an entire outfit, I will list out the price of each individual item (i.e. shirt, pants, wigs, props, etc.) so that you can choose which items you want, and which you don't. If you want something large for an event about a month away, I will usually charge about $20 for rush order.
NOTE: I have the right to refuse any commission. Either I simply do not have enough time on my hands, or I don't believe that I would be the best person for a certain job. Trust me, if I say no to your commission right off the bat, it is definitely for the better. I don't want anyone to end up disappointed because I did not have the time or skills necessary to devote to their costume.
- Typically, I ask for half of the of the total cost upfront, in order to pay for materials, then, after everything finished, I will send you pictures of the completed costume. If everything is to your liking, then you send me the rest of the payment. As soon as I can confirm the payment has been sent, I ship the costume off to you. I am only accepting Paypal right now, sorry.
- I try to send photos every step of the way in making your costume, so that you can tell me if there is anything you'd like to change. If not photos, then you can expect an e-mail once a week, or every other week telling you what has been done and how everything is going. If you are worried about the progress, just shoot me an e-mail, and I'll get right back to you with pictures.
1. Once the costume is in the mail, it is completely out of my hands. I purchase tracking, but if you want your package to be insured, it will cost a bit extra. Let me know, so I can add that onto your quote.
2. If you tell me a date for when you want your costume, please don't change it. While it's fine if an event is canceled, and you won't need the costume for a while longer, moving the date up is incredibly stressful for me. Let me know the soonest time you might need your costume.
THINGS I WANT TO DO
Kigurumi. Seriously, these things are fun.
Hats. I like hats. We've been learning about hat making in school, so I want to try some things.
Goddess Madoka. That dress. If you have any interest in a Goddess Madoka dress, please let me know. It's an expensive project, and might take a while, but it's something I really want to do and do well. Heck, if you're on the west coast, we could enter it in a costume contest or something.