Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 05-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Photoshoot Locations 2014

So DT 3 is super pretty but was so heavily underutilized.

Searching around we have found a new location that is closer and still offers a nicer background. It is however, much much smaller.

So here's the alpha version of the map.

Still have to get approval on the new spot as I just want to see what people think - but i think the rest of the spots worked out well this year. TCC 4 is def too small for League (TCC would allow for spreading out a bit more) - but League needs more then one shoot in general. TCC 1 works really well with the new backdrop.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any spots just poopy and need to be changed? Any spots you just loved?

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

DT 3 was super pretty. *_* good for private shoots due to location though I guess.

With the wall TCC1 looks good where it was as well but think smaller groups should stick to it.

Google map is still begin a tease. lol

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
Nefer
Silver fox

Well, all I can say is that TCC2 was awesome for bigger groups, especially when it came to leaving the place. Many people take their time to leave and like to talk to other people (even though we managed to end around 5-10 minutes before the next shoot each time), so the fact the location was so big allowed for the next 'group' to come early and just hang around a farter away part and even start their photoshoot in advance if they so wished.

Otherwise, DT3 looks promising O.o Didn't check that far from the DT but the 'bird view' looks interesting for sure. I also heard people really liked the DT2 location for smaller shoot since there's a great background (trees and the such).

Oh...and big thanks for the clear signs at the shoot! Was easier to find the place that way

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

I LOVED TCC4... LOVED! And thanks for the signs again, super helpful

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
DT 3 was super pretty. *_* good for private shoots due to location though I guess.

With the wall TCC1 looks good where it was as well but think smaller groups should stick to it.

Google map is still begin a tease. lol
Yeah TCC1 has a great background now. I think the SAO shoot was too big for that spot though... it does work best for smaller groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
Well, all I can say is that TCC2 was awesome for bigger groups, especially when it came to leaving the place. Many people take their time to leave and like to talk to other people (even though we managed to end around 5-10 minutes before the next shoot each time), so the fact the location was so big allowed for the next 'group' to come early and just hang around a farter away part and even start their photoshoot in advance if they so wished.

Otherwise, DT3 looks promising O.o Didn't check that far from the DT but the 'bird view' looks interesting for sure. I also heard people really liked the DT2 location for smaller shoot since there's a great background (trees and the such).

Oh...and big thanks for the clear signs at the shoot! Was easier to find the place that way
DT3 (the new one) is smallish, but has a great backdrop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
I LOVED TCC4... LOVED! And thanks for the signs again, super helpful
Glad the signs lived through all that wind. I think they are (finally) the right size.

----

Did everything work out okay at panel pass pick up? It seems some people didn't get refunds.... but working to remedy that.

Unread 05-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I put myself down for next year pass instead of a refunds so hopefully much later they get a list for that. lol

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Did everything work out okay at panel pass pick up? It seems some people didn't get refunds.... but working to remedy that.
When I went to get the pass the guy looked a little confused and went to ask someone about it. But after that is was ok, I wish he told me about the signature page because I did not know anything about that until HylianKnight mentioned it to me.

I also opted to be pre-registered for next year.

-Giant Gastly
Unread 05-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
When I went to get the pass the guy looked a little confused and went to ask someone about it. But after that is was ok, I wish he told me about the signature page because I did not know anything about that until HylianKnight mentioned it to me.

I also opted to be pre-registered for next year.
Apologies, I should have also made that more clear. I was fuzzy on details as to how that page would be addressed but I should have made everyone aware of its existence and that you would need it.

If this (refunds etc) happens next year i'll be sure to make that clear. If it does i'll likely suggest editing the format... having volunteers run around to confirm things was not easy as many didn't know who was running a shoot, or arrived after it ended.

Last edited by DireKitty : 05-29-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
Rei-Azalia

dt3 was pretty but it was REALLY out of the way. D: I got a blister walking to it. i think the revised location is much better.
Rei-Azalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Apologies, I should have also made that more clear. I was fuzzy on details as to how that page would be addressed but I should have made everyone aware of its existence and that you would need it.

If this (refunds etc) happens next year i'll be sure to make that clear. If it does i'll likely suggest editing the format... having volunteers run around to confirm things was not easy as many didn't know who was running a shoot, or arrived after it ended.
I know what you mean. I was loud so they usually found me, but one guy came early and was asking EVERYONE who was running the shoot until he came to us. Also there were two photoshoots I can think of where the volunteers were joined by their friends and were snacking there with their ice cream and such. Not that I had a problem with it but getting all their friends to sign it too I thought was a little much (I think there was 3 others in one case - I did not see a volunteer badge on there), especially when the cosplayers were waiting on my call while I was waiting to get my sheet so the wind didn't take it.

-Giant Gastly
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #11
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I also agree about the signature sheet. My friend and I did not see a runner at all during the Atlus shoot(of course we were busy running it) but the staff were very helpful when we went to the staff room on Sunday and told us we just needed to sign each others and that would be good.

Location wise, I agree that DT3 was wayyy too far out of the way(I knew I could not make it in the uncomfortable shoes I was wearing all three days). Next year's DT3 does look promising albeit only for smaller shoots.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I also agree about the signature sheet. My friend and I did not see a runner at all during the Atlus shoot(of course we were busy running it) but the staff were very helpful when we went to the staff room on Sunday and told us we just needed to sign each others and that would be good.
Some staff just said getting a photo of you at the shoot would be enough. First year so bound to have issues. I only got to the Atlus shoot Friday (guy didn't have a sheet).

Glad that things were taken care of at the staff room. As long as you have some communication going I find things can get taken care of.

Unread 05-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #13
Grimmjow99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Azalia View Post
dt3 was pretty but it was REALLY out of the way. D: I got a blister walking to it. i think the revised location is much better.
i agree. i wanted to go to the hetalia photoshoot but it was just wayy to far at least this new location would be much more promising
Grimmjow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
SalisofKnight

A few pictures

Here is a picture of the area

And here is the shot of the backdrop
SalisofKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
SalisofKnight

A few pictures

Here is a picture of the area

And here is the shot of the backdrop