Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 06-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?

Love and Tolerate! My Little Pony 2013

I know it's pretty early, and most won't have decided on cosplays for next year yet, especially since there is a whole new season between now and next AN, but this is just sort of a start to see who, if any, have decided on cosplaying from My Little Pony next year! ^^

For myself, I will be making a human-style Discord (of my own design), which I will be wearing on the Sunday.

So, where all my fellow bronies and pegasisters at? ^w^

Mane Six + Spike
Twilight Sparkle - ShinobiXikyu, pink-lemonade
Applejack - KiraCRISIS
Rainbow Dash - TamsinAndShale's friend (Commander Hurricane)
Rarity - Nightwitch-Kat (maybe)
Fluttershy - TamsinAndShale (Private Pansy), sugarsnowncocoa
Pinkie Pie - The_Freedom_54 (maybe), Rei-Azalia (Cupcakes)
Spike -

Royalty
Princess Celestia - Nightwitch-Kat (maybe), DreamKitty
Princess Luna -
Priness Cadence - Nightwitch-Kat (maybe), TamsinAndShale, sweet_kat22 (maybe)
Shining Armour - TamsinAndShale's friend
Prince Blueblood -

Cuite Mark Crusaders
Applebloom -
Sweetie Belle -
Scootaloo -

Secondary Characters
Big Macintosh - Midli
Cheerilee - Zafie
Zecora -

Background Ponies
Derpy Hooves - Hideto Koudansh (maybe)
Vinyl Scratch/ DJ PON-3 - RaverBob
Octavia -
Lyra -
Bon Bon -
Colgate -

Villians/Antagonists
Nightmare Moon -
Discord - Roxas-13, Rei-Azalia
Queen Chrysalis - Rei-Azalia's friend
Gilda -
Flim and Flam -
Trixie -
Iron Will -

PHOTOSHOOTS
(tentative, subject to change)

Friday: ???

Saturday: 5pm at DT 3

Sunday: 11am at TCC 3
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars

Last edited by Roxas-13 : 05-08-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Roxas-13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I've been wanting to do a pony cosplay since January, but I only now can fit it in for next year. I'm planning/slowly starting a gijinka of Twilight Sparkle for at LEAST the Friday of the con (maybe Sunday too, it'll depend).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
The_Freedom_54
The Master Of Indecisions

Since my Pinkie Pie gijinka will be done for Atomic Lollipop I'm highly considering wearing it at some point during the weekend next year
The_Freedom_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
Midli
DJ Midli

ahem locking myself in for big macintosh Alsso im gonna register myself for the slew of MLP panels and I'll help host the brony meetup again!
Midli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
sweet_kat22
Graphic Designer

I might be some pony not sure which yet but I love the show Im wearing Fluttershy for Atomic Lollipop. Im considering Princess Celestia at some point maybe for AN.

Atomic Lollipop
Unsure of costume plans

Fan Expo
Harley Quinn (maybe with a Joker)
sweet_kat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #6
TamsinAndShale
Est 1993

I'll be debuting my Private Pansy Fluttershy at FanExpo, and I'll probably rewear it for AN, with a Commander Hurricane Rainbow Dash.
Or! If I'm extra inspired come next spring (it happens a lot) I'll do some version of Twilight Sparkle.
Unread 06-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
sugarsnowncocoa
Matty Ryan

Hopefully going as Fluttershy.
sugarsnowncocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Twilight Sparkle's now a third done and coming along nicely. I just can't wait to open up and put in my circle lenses. I bought them at AN for her since I was lucky enough to find them in prescription AND the colour I needed (Dollyeye violet lenses, to be specific), but I can't try them on til February if I want them to last for Con-G, Anime North and re-using them for another costume for Faery-fest in June. ARGH. WANT TO PUT THEM IN SO BAD.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
Roxas-13

All right, it's official. I WILL be cosplaying Human!Discord this coming year of AN! ^^ I've already got most of the supplies to make him, just need to find time to work on it around my job and eventually school.

How's everyone else doing? Any progress or new decisions made?
Unread 08-17-2012, 01:09 AM   #10
Rei-Azalia

Does lady rainicorn count? <3 i was going to do princess luna but i ran up the tab to make her and it would be over $500. (the wings alone being $200) Q-Q
I love mlp but not that much.
Rei-Azalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

I may cosplay as a pony. Either Rarity, Celestia, or Candace

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
  • Princess Peach - Super Smash Bros
Nightwitch-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #12
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Next week, probably starting on making my hoof-pieces and maybe my ears (I'd best wait until my wig comes, but I can test them out with another long decently-thick wig to see how they hold up/stay on). I just hope I can find the shoes I was planning to wear underneath. They seem to have gone missing on me after hanging onto them for so long.
Unread 09-10-2012, 02:16 AM   #13
Midli
DJ Midli

Big macintosh cosplay has been debuted at bronycon take a look

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...14207555_n.jpg

not shown in the image is the tail ;-;
Midli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Wig's on the way, trying to find my misplaced shoes, and I have nearly everything needed to finish Twilight Sparkle. I just need material for the skirt (waiting til Xmas to see if I get Fabricland gift certificates to pay for it), and I might have to get new shoes if the ones I'd planned on using don't turn up soon. I don't know WHAT happened to them. I had them for years and now I can't find them anywhere. I really hope I didn't accidentally sell them at last fall's yard sale.
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
Roxas-13

Great to see people are still feeling the love for this! My progress on Discord has kinda been halted to do school, and all my supplies for him are back home, not here with me in my apartment.

Does anyone want me to start listing cosplays in the first post, just so we can see who is who? Or should I leave that till closer to the con, when decisions are being finalized.