Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 03-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Ivy Sun

Hi! Im planning on going as Kitara and my hubby as Appa and I want to do a photoshoot with other A:LAB and LOK People. I am willing to 'host' the shoot but I wouldn't mind some help. any one interested in doing either things? and taking suggetions on what day and time, Not in the morning (pre 10 am) Okay for Friday afternoon though, (have some plans for beeing Korra 2nd season on saturday if I can get in shape for it
)

Infinite Pocket Cosplay (previously known as Mad_sew)
"Your costume is my passion!"
mad_sew@hotmail.com

2014 Con line up
Feb- Con G
May- Anime North
Ivy Sun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Grimmjow99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy Sun View Post
Hi! Im planning on going as Kitara and my hubby as Appa and I want to do a photoshoot with other A:LAB and LOK People. I am willing to 'host' the shoot but I wouldn't mind some help. any one interested in doing either things? and taking suggetions on what day and time, Not in the morning (pre 10 am) Okay for Friday afternoon though, (have some plans for beeing Korra 2nd season on saturday if I can get in shape for it
)
I wouldn't mind helping to host the photoshoot if you want it, though it will be my first time hosting one and would love the experience. I am trying to finish up Polar bear dog Naga fursuit in time for Anime North, if you wouldn't mind one for the group and it would go well with the Korras and other creatures. I would suggest having the photoshoots at TCC3 on the saturday and sunday at 3pm slots. I don't want to miss masquerade and skit contest so these would be the best times to do this.
Grimmjow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
AzulaFan199
For the Horde.

There was a started thread for this but it looks like it just disappeared and I can't find it now. I started it abit ago and was working on getting a spot for it. . Weird that it just disappeared .
Last year I did one on the Sat , Hoping this year to do one both days. Was looking into a shoot sat afternoon and sunday in the morning but maybe friday as well too cause we had so many people out last yr. Last year we had 50 people at the shoot on the sat.

Was working on Sat at 5 pm (same time as last yrs)
Sunday at 11 am . Just working on a location right now.

so If your game maybe we could work on 3 days shoot and each take a turn running a shoot. just an idea?

Last edited by AzulaFan199 : 03-04-2013 at 05:10 PM.
AzulaFan199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=308573 The thread just got dropped off it's still there :3

2013 Cosplay Plans
Queen Elsa / Coronation Elsa / La Carlotta / Miss Frizzle / Vocaloid... thing
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 35 Will be RETURNING to Toronto 2017!!
Chibi Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulaFan199 View Post
There was a started thread for this but it looks like it just disappeared and I can't find it now. I started it abit ago and was working on getting a spot for it. . Weird that it just disappeared .
Last year I did one on the Sat , Hoping this year to do one both days. Was looking into a shoot sat afternoon and sunday in the morning but maybe friday as well too cause we had so many people out last yr. Last year we had 50 people at the shoot on the sat.

so If your game maybe we could work on 3 days shoot and each take a turn running a shoot. just an idea?
You could have two people running it as well.
This series should be popular again, especially with another season coming up.

(I CAN'T WAIT)

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
Grimmjow99

Quote:

I wouldn't mind doing it on the Friday around 4pm at TCC2 or TCC3 I do attend the skit and Nominichi so I wouldn't be able to host or attend the photoshoots on that day. Saturday again on sunday I would be free but around 3pm as I am trying to make sure I attend Masquerade.. Let me know what you think we have to book this soon or these spots are going to fill up.
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
AzulaFan199
For the Horde.

I'm game with what you guys want to do. Just Sat at 5 pm was better for me cause we have the doll events morning and early afternoon . It was full last year when we did that time(5 pm) . I asked last year after we where done the photo shoot and people where interested in doing the sat photo shoot at the 5 pm again. But if we have one friday at 4 and sun at what ever time is good . We had alot of people last year so I think they will be well attended.
We need to have photo times in by April 19 to get a spot in the book.
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Grimmjow99

So just to confirm some times people are interested in are:
Friday @ 4pm at TCC2 or TCC3
Saturday @ 3pm @ TCC3 or Saturday @ 5pm (Location not specified)
Sunday @ 3pm @ TCC3

Hopefully I added all those in any questions or comments please post. Will not book until this is equally agreed on.
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
Grimmjow99

Quote:
I'm game with what you guys want to do. Just Sat at 5 pm was better for me cause we have the doll events morning and early afternoon . It was full last year when we did that time(5 pm) . I asked last year after we where done the photo shoot and people where interested in doing the sat photo shoot at the 5 pm again. But if we have one friday at 4 and sun at what ever time is good . We had alot of people last year so I think they will be well attended.
We need to have photo times in by April 19 to get a spot in the book.
By the way we could do it at both times if you'd want I do not think there is anything in the rules about that and it will help all those who have other things to do. I just may not be able to be at the later one to help not sure about Ivy Sun as well; since she made this posting
Unread 03-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
Ivy Sun

hi every one! sorry about not responding. I was having compuer issues and am super busy. I have read all of everyones posts.
@Chibi Lenne: thanks for posting the link to the other thread.
@ AzulaFan199: sorry if I offended you, i could not find the original thread so I was hoping you would see this one and join in. thank you for finding it!!
@Grimmjow99: Naga?! really?! thats awesome!!

Okay so Im not going to be much help, i like all of the suggested time. but let me try and work it out as I dont have many plans.

so looking at everything Im agreeing with the location should be at TCC3, its big and very central but looking at the scheduled and locations I have a few suggestions for Saturday and sunday. I cant on friday as its to hectic for me and i want to do a few things

Saturday TCC3 or TCC2 @ 2 or 3pm or DT2 @ 12 or 1pm
Sunday TCC4 at 1pm

mad_sew@hotmail.com

2014 Con line up
Feb- Con G
May- Anime North
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
Grimmjow99

[quote=Ivy Sun;4625142]hi every one! sorry about not responding. I was having compuer issues and am super busy. I have read all of everyones posts.
@ AzulaFan199: sorry if I offended you, i could not find the original thread so I was hoping you would see this one and join in. thank you for finding it!!

Okay so Im not going to be much help, i like all of the suggested time. but let me try and work it out as I dont have many plans.

so looking at everything Im agreeing with the location should be at TCC3, its big and very central but looking at the scheduled and locations I have a few suggestions for Saturday and sunday. I cant on friday as its to hectic for me and i want to do a few things

Sunday TCC4 at 1pm[/QU
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
Grimmjow99

[quote=Grimmjow99;4625338]
Quote:
hi every one! sorry about not responding. I was having compuer issues and am super busy. I have read all of everyones posts.

Sunday TCC4 at 1pm[/QU
I wouldn't mind having the photoshoot on Saturday @ 3pm at TCC3 and Sunday @ 1pm @ TCC4. DT2 is WAY out there for people to come and walk to the photoshoot. If Azulafan199 wants to help host a photoshoot on friday at 4pm we can do that
Unread 03-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
Ivy Sun

i wouldnt min helping with the saturday shoot. I suggested the DT2 location as TCC3 was taken at the times that were offered, its not to far and its actually quite a nice location but it was just a suggestion.

Have we decided on times and locations? and who wants to email in for requesting the time? i can if no one else wants too.

mad_sew@hotmail.com

2014 Con line up
Feb- Con G
May- Anime North
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #14
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
i wouldnt min helping with the saturday shoot. I suggested the DT2 location as TCC3 was taken at the times that were offered, its not to far and its actually quite a nice location but it was just a suggestion.

Have we decided on times and locations? and who wants to email in for requesting the time? i can if no one else wants too.
I think Grimmjow99 is having trouble reading the map since DT2 is right next to the table area in the DT where the volunteer desk and DT food tables are.... it takes longer to get to the masquarade desk from the front of the DT.

And yes, nicest location out of all of them.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #15
Grimmjow99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I think Grimmjow99 is having trouble reading the map since DT2 is right next to the table area in the DT where the volunteer desk and DT food tables are.... it takes longer to get to the masquarade desk from the front of the DT.

And yes, nicest location out of all of them.
Oh I can read the map just fine its just I do not like how it is away from the TCC . and Dire Kitty how do we get credited for our photoshoots, is it each individual photoshhot we host. For example if I help to host this every day in individual time slots for the 3 days does this count as three seperate photoshoots or just one because it is a series. not sure how it works because it is my first time