Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 08-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #31
sassy-mako
Registered User
 
sassy-mako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
I'll be going as Halloween Italy on Saturday, and my sister will be going as Spain. c:
Where are we going to meet up though?
__________________
moshi moshi mudafuqa

Cosplays:
Dead Master (Black Rock Shooter)- Not started.
Sweet! Devil America (Hetalia)- Not started.
Halloween Italy (Hetalia)- 10% complete.

Cons:
NYCC 2012
sassy-mako is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 08-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #32
MizutheMage
Queen of Scandinavia
 
MizutheMage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy-mako View Post
I'll be going as Halloween Italy on Saturday, and my sister will be going as Spain. c:
Where are we going to meet up though?
Nice, looking forward to seeing that~
As far as I know, there isn't an official meeting place for a Hetalia group yet. Last year the Hetalia meet/photoshoot was held by the entrance.
__________________
DeviantART: http://MizutheMage.deviantART.com
Hetalia NYAF/NYCC: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=292832

Upcoming Cons:
NYCC 2013 - Dean Winchester, Armin Arlert, Gabriel
MizutheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #33
BeneathTheShado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Hello!
I'm going to NYCC 2012 and I was wondering what days you'll be there.
I'll be cosplaying as Pirate!England :3

If you want to contact me, message me on tumblr if there is more information on the Hetalia meet up ----> http://striderliciousswag.tumblr.com/

I'll be looking forward to it~
BeneathTheShado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #34
MizutheMage
Queen of Scandinavia
 
MizutheMage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeneathTheShado View Post
Hello!
I'm going to NYCC 2012 and I was wondering what days you'll be there.
I'll be cosplaying as Pirate!England :3

If you want to contact me, message me on tumblr if there is more information on the Hetalia meet up ----> http://striderliciousswag.tumblr.com/

I'll be looking forward to it~
Hello~ ^^ I'll be attending NYCC on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Love the pirate cosplays! I'll be looking forward to seeing you!
I sadly don't have a tumblr (yet.. lol. I keep meaning to make one xD) but my sis does, so I'll have her contact you or I'll PM you here if I get any details about a Hetalia meet. I myself am not organizing a proper meet but I made this thread in the hopes someone who knows of or is planning one will notify it here.
__________________
DeviantART: http://MizutheMage.deviantART.com
Hetalia NYAF/NYCC: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=292832

Upcoming Cons:
NYCC 2013 - Dean Winchester, Armin Arlert, Gabriel
MizutheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #35
BeneathTheShado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizutheMage View Post
Hello~ ^^ I'll be attending NYCC on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Love the pirate cosplays! I'll be looking forward to seeing you!
I sadly don't have a tumblr (yet.. lol. I keep meaning to make one xD) but my sis does, so I'll have her contact you or I'll PM you here if I get any details about a Hetalia meet. I myself am not organizing a proper meet but I made this thread in the hopes someone who knows of or is planning one will notify it here.
Thank you~
I'll be looking forward to see you in your France cosplay
Omg expect me to glomp you once I see you
__________________
Obsessive Cosplayer~
Cosplays:
Pirate!England (Hetalia Axis Powers)- 60% done
Jade Harley (Homestuck)- 20% done
Vriska Serket (Homestuck)- 10% done
Mai (Avatar the Last Airbender)- 30% done

Cons:
CPAC
AnimeNEXT
Tosho-con
NY Comic Con

Contact:
Tumblr: striderliciousswag.tumblr.com
BeneathTheShado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #36
MizutheMage
Queen of Scandinavia
 
MizutheMage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeneathTheShado View Post
Thank you~
I'll be looking forward to see you in your France cosplay
Omg expect me to glomp you once I see you
You're welcome~
Ah, I'm actually unsure if I'll be going in my France cosplay yet. It depends on whether I decide to wear my Denmark cosplay for two days or not. ^^; I usually do find a way to fit in France, though.
Oh, I love glomps! As long as they don't knock me to the floor, that is. xD
__________________
DeviantART: http://MizutheMage.deviantART.com
Hetalia NYAF/NYCC: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=292832

Upcoming Cons:
NYCC 2013 - Dean Winchester, Armin Arlert, Gabriel
MizutheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
BeneathTheShado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizutheMage View Post
You're welcome~
Ah, I'm actually unsure if I'll be going in my France cosplay yet. It depends on whether I decide to wear my Denmark cosplay for two days or not. ^^; I usually do find a way to fit in France, though.
Oh, I love glomps! As long as they don't knock me to the floor, that is. xD
Yes
I'm pretty introverted and not much of a hugger, but I'll do it for the sake of awesome cosplayers lol XD
I'm really looking forward to this even if it'll be in a few months
__________________
Obsessive Cosplayer~
Cosplays:
Pirate!England (Hetalia Axis Powers)- 60% done
Jade Harley (Homestuck)- 20% done
Vriska Serket (Homestuck)- 10% done
Mai (Avatar the Last Airbender)- 30% done

Cons:
CPAC
AnimeNEXT
Tosho-con
NY Comic Con

Contact:
Tumblr: striderliciousswag.tumblr.com
BeneathTheShado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #38
MizutheMage
Queen of Scandinavia
 
MizutheMage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeneathTheShado View Post
Yes
I'm pretty introverted and not much of a hugger, but I'll do it for the sake of awesome cosplayers lol XD
I'm really looking forward to this even if it'll be in a few months
On the contrary, I'm very much a hugger xD It's being tackled to the ground that I have a problem with lol.
So am I! I mean, I'm always excited when NYCC rolls around, but I'm even more hyped than usual.
__________________
DeviantART: http://MizutheMage.deviantART.com
Hetalia NYAF/NYCC: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=292832

Upcoming Cons:
NYCC 2013 - Dean Winchester, Armin Arlert, Gabriel
MizutheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #39
BeneathTheShado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizutheMage View Post
On the contrary, I'm very much a hugger xD It's being tackled to the ground that I have a problem with lol.
So am I! I mean, I'm always excited when NYCC rolls around, but I'm even more hyped than usual.
Yes, I'm scared of being tackled too. XD
It makes me more excited that I'll be able to see a bunch of people cosplaying the same anime as me SO MUCH FUTURE HETALIA JOKES ABOUT VITAL REGIONS AND STUFF OMG.
__________________
Obsessive Cosplayer~
Cosplays:
Pirate!England (Hetalia Axis Powers)- 60% done
Jade Harley (Homestuck)- 20% done
Vriska Serket (Homestuck)- 10% done
Mai (Avatar the Last Airbender)- 30% done

Cons:
CPAC
AnimeNEXT
Tosho-con
NY Comic Con

Contact:
Tumblr: striderliciousswag.tumblr.com
BeneathTheShado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #40
MizutheMage
Queen of Scandinavia
 
MizutheMage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeneathTheShado View Post
Yes, I'm scared of being tackled too. XD
It makes me more excited that I'll be able to see a bunch of people cosplaying the same anime as me SO MUCH FUTURE HETALIA JOKES ABOUT VITAL REGIONS AND STUFF OMG.
It's not fun, trust me. If someone ever asks for a glomp, say no, unless you specify you don't want to be knocked over. Otherwise you'll likely be tackled to the ground and end up with a bruised leg. >w>;;
That's the good thing with cosplaying something like Hetalia. You know there's always going to be a bunch of other people cosplaying from the series as well. ^^ Aha yeah... I just hope the jokes don't get out of hand like last year.
__________________
DeviantART: http://MizutheMage.deviantART.com
Hetalia NYAF/NYCC: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=292832

Upcoming Cons:
NYCC 2013 - Dean Winchester, Armin Arlert, Gabriel
MizutheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #41
BeneathTheShado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizutheMage View Post
It's not fun, trust me. If someone ever asks for a glomp, say no, unless you specify you don't want to be knocked over. Otherwise you'll likely be tackled to the ground and end up with a bruised leg. >w>;;
That's the good thing with cosplaying something like Hetalia. You know there's always going to be a bunch of other people cosplaying from the series as well. ^^ Aha yeah... I just hope the jokes don't get out of hand like last year.
It's nice to meet new people who share the same interests too :3 What happened last year?
__________________
Obsessive Cosplayer~
Cosplays:
Pirate!England (Hetalia Axis Powers)- 60% done
Jade Harley (Homestuck)- 20% done
Vriska Serket (Homestuck)- 10% done
Mai (Avatar the Last Airbender)- 30% done

Cons:
CPAC
AnimeNEXT
Tosho-con
NY Comic Con

Contact:
Tumblr: striderliciousswag.tumblr.com
BeneathTheShado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #42
MizutheMage
Queen of Scandinavia
 
MizutheMage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeneathTheShado View Post
It's nice to meet new people who share the same interests too :3 What happened last year?
Of course! Shared interests is a great way to connect and make new friends. :3 Oh, last year something happened when I was cosplaying France on Sunday. As I was walking into the restroom, two girls FREAKED and yelled "AHHH DON'T RAPE ME FRANCE!!!", screamed, and ran away. ._. It was incredibly awkward and pretty rude. I'm all for jokes, but calling someone a rapist is just uncalled for.
__________________
DeviantART: http://MizutheMage.deviantART.com
Hetalia NYAF/NYCC: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=292832

Upcoming Cons:
NYCC 2013 - Dean Winchester, Armin Arlert, Gabriel
MizutheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #43
BeneathTheShado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizutheMage View Post
Of course! Shared interests is a great way to connect and make new friends. :3 Oh, last year something happened when I was cosplaying France on Sunday. As I was walking into the restroom, two girls FREAKED and yelled "AHHH DON'T RAPE ME FRANCE!!!", screamed, and ran away. ._. It was incredibly awkward and pretty rude. I'm all for jokes, but calling someone a rapist is just uncalled for.
Btw my sister made up her mind and she's going to cosplay as China
You're totally right. There really is a distinguished line between making jokes and being rude. I haven't really had an experience like that since I've only cosplayed once as Namie Yagiri (not counting Pirate!England), but I have heard stories of cosplayers who just started crying because of comments. Besides, France is just misunderstood poor Francey Pants
__________________
Obsessive Cosplayer~
Cosplays:
Pirate!England (Hetalia Axis Powers)- 60% done
Jade Harley (Homestuck)- 20% done
Vriska Serket (Homestuck)- 10% done
Mai (Avatar the Last Airbender)- 30% done

Cons:
CPAC
AnimeNEXT
Tosho-con
NY Comic Con

Contact:
Tumblr: striderliciousswag.tumblr.com
BeneathTheShado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #44
MizutheMage
Queen of Scandinavia
 
MizutheMage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeneathTheShado View Post
Btw my sister made up her mind and she's going to cosplay as China
You're totally right. There really is a distinguished line between making jokes and being rude. I haven't really had an experience like that since I've only cosplayed once as Namie Yagiri (not counting Pirate!England), but I have heard stories of cosplayers who just started crying because of comments. Besides, France is just misunderstood poor Francey Pants
Ohh nice! ^^
Yeah, jokes like that are just horrible and disgusting. What's terrible is nearly every other France cosplayer I've ever talked to has had a similar experience. I've never been commented to the point of crying, but that's awful! I'm hoping I won't get any of that this con, especially since I'm going to be Denmark for at least most of the con. (In my experience, the people that usual get the most comments are the Bad Friends Trio.)
__________________
DeviantART: http://MizutheMage.deviantART.com
Hetalia NYAF/NYCC: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=292832

Upcoming Cons:
NYCC 2013 - Dean Winchester, Armin Arlert, Gabriel
MizutheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #45
BeneathTheShado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizutheMage View Post
Ohh nice! ^^
Yeah, jokes like that are just horrible and disgusting. What's terrible is nearly every other France cosplayer I've ever talked to has had a similar experience. I've never been commented to the point of crying, but that's awful! I'm hoping I won't get any of that this con, especially since I'm going to be Denmark for at least most of the con. (In my experience, the people that usual get the most comments are the Bad Friends Trio.)
That's good that you haven't experienced it. I hope nothing bad will happen at NYAF/NYCC this year. Iggy's eyebrows are a ladies magnet
__________________
Obsessive Cosplayer~
Cosplays:
Pirate!England (Hetalia Axis Powers)- 60% done
Jade Harley (Homestuck)- 20% done
Vriska Serket (Homestuck)- 10% done
Mai (Avatar the Last Airbender)- 30% done

Cons:
CPAC
AnimeNEXT
Tosho-con
NY Comic Con

Contact:
Tumblr: striderliciousswag.tumblr.com
BeneathTheShado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.