Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums > For Sale: Costumes (Used)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
A J
sets ovens on fire

SOLD: Lord of the Rings Ringwraith Costume

Price: $90 SALE IN PROGRESS
Shipping: $20 for USPS parcel post in the US which includes insurance and tracking confirmation. (The costume is pretty bulky and includes a non-collapsible hood so the box for it is pretty big.)

I'm not looking to trade for anything, sorry. The goal is to clear out costumes! =D

You can see more pictures of the costume being worn at:
http://fleur-de-lys.net/costumes/ringwraith

Details on the costume:

The costume includes:
- hood understructure
- hood
- robe
- overcoat
- belt.
*NOT included: the sword and the gloves (which are really ghetto anyways)

The costume is designed for an end height of a little over 6 feet and is very roomy. In fact, if you are small, I would suggest getting football or hockey pads to wear underneath to pad out the shoulders as that's how I designed it and that's what I did (as you'll see in the photos)

The photos have been brightened a LOT so you can see the details. The costume really is all black and not weird shades of grey.

There us a hood understructure made from felt and wire that the fabric hood goes over. This can be worn resting on your shoulders or like a crown on your head to push the ringwraith's "head" above your head to make you look taller:

I've modded the front face covering since the photos above were taken, so currently the hood has a much longer gauze piece to hide your face and a zipper to let you open it so you can talk to people without taking off the hood. You can see fine out through the gauze too.

There is an underlayer that fastens with velcro and the belt goes on this layer:

And then an overcoat layer that fastens with a hook goes over that:

All the fabric has been distressed to give it a really tattered old look.

Notes:

There is a little damage on the hood cloth piece. It looks like a moth might have gotten to it while it was stored in the garage and chewed some holes in the hood. You really can't see it once the costume is on because it's all black and mostly it just looks like more battle damage. =D

We have cats. I don't store my costumes inside but I had to bring it in for photos and to check the condition and while I was careful, I'm sure I picked up some kitty hairs. Just something to note if you are very allergic.

I can provide ebay feedback if you want some guarantee that I am not a scammer, just PM me asking for it.

Please only serious inquiries! Thanks!

Last edited by A J : 06-18-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Unread 06-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Okamineesan
Yuna Okami

oh man! this is so awesome!!! i wish i had the money but man i get get over how cool it is!

you wouldnt be interested in trading it for a yuki cross day class outfit.. would you?

Cosplays still do create [somehow] (if you dont want your cosplay, send me a message)
*Moka(inner vampire)& Mizore(rosario + vampire) *Iris Noir & Iris Blanch*(Snow,regular,and sakura)Miku*Mikuo*Seras Victoria*Princess Mononoke*Hinamori Amu*...+alot more

Cosplays done
Edward Elric
Sebastian Michaelis
Kagamine Rin
Yuki Cross Day class
Little Red ridinghood Alois Trancy
Unread 06-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
A J
sets ovens on fire

Sorry but I'm not looking to in trade.
Unread 06-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
kkroxas2011
Banned

so what includes in this cosplay?
Unread 06-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
A J
sets ovens on fire

If you are asking what is included with the costume, I detailed all that in the description with photos: "The costume includes: hood understructure, hood, robe, overcoat and belt. The sword and the gloves (which are really ghetto anyways) are not included."
Unread 06-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
chau.lay

I am intrested in the costume! Please Pm me so we could work out payment info/transaction
Unread 07-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
SkyeHawk89

I'm 5.8 and want a costume like this to wear at The Showing of the Hobbit and or NYCC. It my first time cosplay ing too. I have some ideas too what i want to cosplay.