Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 06-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Exclamation All Hallows Eve Crossplay Thread 2012

For those of you that asked (and I know it is Sephygoth) it's time for a little Halloween Crossplay Thread for the event fellow cosplayers dub "Amateur Night".

You can see in my sig what my original plan was for this year, but time changes. Other than that, let's hear what you've got going for the last Wednesday in October.

Last edited by kojirojames2004 : 07-09-2013 at 08:12 PM.
kojirojames2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

My group usually does a "haunted house" type set-up for the kiddies on Halloween. Last year we modified the theme for Black Butler - for the atmosphere and not really expecting small children to know who we were. We may do the same this year, or else completely change it up and do a San Francisco Giants locker room kind of theme (which might scare fewer children).

So I'm likely going to be either Sebastian or Buster Posey, but our plans change very frequently, so this is a rough estimate.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Since I usually have a billion different events that require costumes in october, I'll proably be wearing the following:
The once-ler
Lin Xiao Li in his witch Giln disguise from the Black Cat manga
Gin from Detective Conan
Creed from Black Cat
And Kohaku from Grand Guignol Orchestra, with some fake blood and a zombie head

And I might squeeze Shirogane from Monochrome Factor in there somewhere, or Faust VIII if I get him done enough.

...October is busy for me.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
So I'm likely going to be either Sebastian or Buster Posey, but our plans change very frequently, so this is a rough estimate.
Sadly Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, so that means I'll be at work and out of town. Booooo..... ;/
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau de Decus View Post
Sadly Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, so that means I'll be at work and out of town. Booooo..... ;/
Ah, well. Then I'll be working as well. Ain't that a bitch.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
sephygoth
Hater lover

These threads only make me more happy each year!
I'm starting amatuer night during amateur day ^^ I take the day off unles they do a little event at work. Last yr, ppl in the world just kinda forgot (costumes isn't on most ppl's minds all ear round), as a monday no one was in the mood.
it's more important than many holidays or even my stupid birthday. Might don the super contrast character and fullfill a Rolling stones song.
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Sadly I have no crossplays planned for Halloween this year. For work and class afterwards I'll be my Ninj4!Miho Tohya. For our Halloween party, I'm going with Schoolgirl!Dawn. Hubby doesn't exactly like me crossplaying, so I try to keep them with work or cons. And considering I will have class after work, I can only bind for so long safely.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
sephygoth
Hater lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee_Frye View Post
And considering I will have class after work, I can only bind for so long safely.
What's not safe about your bind method? breathing or upper rib cage...?
I may know some tactics.
not doubting, just wondering and fully aware that MtF isn't the same as FtM ^^
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #9
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephygoth View Post
What's not safe about your bind method? breathing or upper rib cage...?
I may know some tactics.
not doubting, just wondering and fully aware that MtF isn't the same as FtM ^^
Well, I've seen it said many times that you should only bind for so long (about 8 hrs) so you don't damage your boobs. I'll be at work for 9 hours and then class will be at least another 3 by the time it's done. I use a tri-top from Underworks, but I really don't want to be bound for 12 hours straight.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
ImNewHere
The new guy.

Work, so that means no for me. I work in a business casual environment.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Copied from other Thread:

So it looks like I've already had a change of plans. If my friend lets me borrow her Jenos Hazard wig, instead of being Kohaku for actual Halloween night, I'm probably going to be my friend's OC, since he's really awesome and I wanted to cosplay him, and because he's much creepier and an whole lot more visual than Kohaku.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #12
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Well, I've changed my plans and got my costume over the weekend.

I'm going as a student of John. W. Hallahan Catholic High School. For Girls. In Philadelphia.
Unread 07-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #13
Nunderw00b

New to the site, but figured I might as well post. Been planning this costume since last halloween, and even plan on using it to cosplay at Nebraskon. I'll be doing Mystique (movie version) this year.
Nunderw00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
Nunderw00b

I'll be going as Mystique (Movie Ver.). With Halloween being on a Wednesday it works perfect, that Friday is Anime Nebraskon which I will use the same costume. Just get to test it out on Amateur night first!
Nunderw00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
Lalnee

I have a con in november, so I have to choose one of the crossplays (because I only crossplay :3) I will do for this con. Probably my Steam!Romano, since I don't have to make the clothes, just put them together, and it will be more comfortable (and more "school-proof". Ya, Halloween is on a wednesday...)
Lalnee is offline   Reply With Quote