Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 02-03-2004, 10:27 PM   #1
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

Life is a Cabaret

Today I felt like taking pics, and this was the fastest getup I could put together.

I know I posted too many pics. In a few days I will trim the list and keep the most viewed. I'm always surprised because the most viewed are NOT the ones I would have suspected so this way people gets to decide.

Comments welcome... Enjoy...

Dani

Ah: On my gallery, folder "Cabaret"
dani is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-05-2004, 04:32 PM   #2
Rethul
It's an extravaganza!

Good poses Dani! That certainly brings back memories of my high school's production of Cabaret (mucho funno). I think your pictures with your foot on the chair are the best ones.
Rethul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2004, 05:24 PM   #3
dani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethul
Good poses Dani!
Thanks. Glad you liked them. It's always a mess trying to be on both sides of the camera at the same time, having 10 seconds to make up a pose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethul
I think your pictures with your foot on the chair are the best ones.
You are not alone. They are the most viewed ones. It's a surprise for me which ones end up being more popular.

Hopefully next time it will be a more elaborate costume

Dani
Unread 02-05-2004, 06:17 PM   #4
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

34 pics is a LOT of one costume. o.O

(Also, you may notice a particular foot-on-chair pic is getting the most views because it happens to come up first in the default viewing - it is not necessarily popularity that makes a pic get clicked on; the order of the default display has a lot to do with it.)

I would suggest that you pick what you deem the best one of each similar (that's a bit broader than "identical") pose type, and just leave that one up. That way there's a small but diverse core selection, which is easier for people to check out.

A few of my "stay" recs, for instance:
1: the"cabaret stretch" OR the "another chair" pic.
2: "elbow bone"
3: "John Steed"
4: "star fish?"
5: "131_3170" (with hat)

I think with-hat pictures (the full costume) are a better choice over non-hat pictures in general, unless there's something particularly nice about a pose, smile etc....

PS: My favorite pic in your 'changing avatar' is the close-up in sleeved black with the open-mouthed smile... ^^
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2004, 07:02 PM   #5
dani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisu-sama
34 pics is a LOT of one costume. o.O
I knew that from the start, but was too weak to leave some in the cutting board floor.

Quote:
(Also, you may notice a particular foot-on-chair pic is getting the most views because it happens to come up first in the default viewing - it is not necessarily popularity that makes a pic get clicked on; the order of the default display has a lot to do with it.)
Is that what it is? Bummer... and me thinking people actually chose to see my pics...
But to understand the system better.. How criteria does the default order uses?

Quote:
I would suggest that you pick what you deem the best one of each similar (that's a bit broader than "identical") pose type
Will be doing some trimming soon. Maybe tonite or tomorrow.

Quote:
I think with-hat pictures (the full costume) are a better choice over non-hat pictures in general, unless there's something particularly nice about a pose, smile etc....
I was thinking of taking nr of clics as part of the criteria, kind of online voting, power to the masses, and all that jazz...

Quote:
PS: My favorite pic in your 'changing avatar' is the close-up in sleeved black with the open-mouthed smile... ^^
See? I couldn't even decide what to put on my avatar, and I had to put 4. (just becasue I couln't fit more)...

Thanks for your input...

Dani

PS: The initial intention of the whole shoot was just to post ONE pic on the tucking thread, and one thing led to another....
Unread 02-05-2004, 07:52 PM   #6
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

BTW, I know many of us tend to be enthusiastic when we've posted new pics, but is it possible not to create a new thread each time this happens? It clutters up the forums.

It is better just to drop a line about it in a post in an existing thread. Besides, when any user goes to check the member galleries, those come up in order of "latest upload", so many people WILL notice you uploaded something new, even if you didn't say so anywhere.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2004, 02:31 PM   #7
dani

The group of pictures got shaved from 34 to 12 pics. If you wanted to see again a pic that's not there anymore please PM directly.

It might get another trimming soon, so you better check it out now...

Dani

http://images.cosplay.com/showgaller...3&ppuser=11502
Unread 02-07-2004, 12:06 AM   #8
archangeli
~ Ich bin da. ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani
Is that what it is? Bummer... and me thinking people actually chose to see my pics...
But to understand the system better.. How criteria does the default order uses?
The last pic that you upload ends up being the one thumbnailed in the photo gallery pages. If there's a pic that you know you want to be thumbnailed, hang onto it first. Upload all your other pics, then upload the last one separately.

Works like a charm