Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 06-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
Saiyora-Saga
Unlimited Imagination

Discuss: Non-Cosplay Section In the Marketplace

As we all know there is a good amount of non-cosplay related items being posted up on the marketplace section. IE. Manga, DVD's off-hand jewelry/clothing products.

We all share this site, and I think that it would be helpful and fair if we came up with some ideas to ease the pain of being scammed. My fiance frequents a car forum where if you the user is trying to sell something on the marketplace YOU MUST include a hand-written piece of cardboard/paper/whatever of YOUR FORUM NAME on the item to PROVE that the item is actually in your possession. This is just one of many ideas that we could potentially use IF the Non-Cosplay section were to be reinstated.

The non-cosplay section should be reinstated because not everyone reads the rules, it gets a little old when you have to remind them. We buy non-cosplay related items at conventions, so why not here too?

Yes, there is risk in it. But there is also risk in buying a cosplay from someone who doesn't even post pictures of themselves wearing it or it being on their furniture or sewing doll, and only posts pictures of the original manufacturers image.

Please discuss what you feel are the pros and cons of having this section available to us. Tell us if you would like it back or not.

Unread 06-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

I want it back. I doubt I'd buy much from there since I prefer ebay, but it's nice for the people who want to buy and sell their stuff here. And I did see a few things posted cheaper here than they were on ebay.

Yeah theres a risk, but it's the same with the cosplay items here, if you don't want to take the risk, don't buy it. I bought a cosplay item on here from a user with good feedback, and it was in horrible condition even though the add said it was in good condition.

So I now pretty much stick with ebay because they have mulitple layers of buyer protection. But even that doesn't always help. (Hence the time I bought something from overseas, I had to return it, and never got my money back because I waited to long to open a dispute.)

For those who say this is a cosplay site so non cosplay items shouldn't be allowed, can we all at least agree that it's okay to bring the fabric section back? You need fabric to make cosplays and I'm sure people who have extra will be happy to sell it.

Last edited by chiagirl : 06-21-2012 at 02:51 PM.
chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiagirl View Post
For those who say this is a cosplay site so non cosplay items shouldn't be allowed, can we all at least agree that it's okay to bring the fabric section back? You need fabric to make cosplays and I'm sure people who have extra will be happy to sell it.
Maybe not just fabric, but a 'raw materials' forum? Other than fabric, extra sheets of foam/plastic, leftover resin from a cast that took less than expected, thread or trims that went unused, (etc.) are all things that might be useful to a person who only needs a smaller quantity of something.
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

We'll consider things like a dedicated cosplay materials section (leftover fabric is a good example), but DVD's, toys, etc will not be allowed back into the marketplace. This is a cosplay site.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Saiyora-Saga
Unlimited Imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Maybe not just fabric, but a 'raw materials' forum? Other than fabric, extra sheets of foam/plastic, leftover resin from a cast that took less than expected, thread or trims that went unused, (etc.) are all things that might be useful to a person who only needs a smaller quantity of something.
I actually really like that idea. Several facebook groups have already been started in the name of Raw Materials but its hard to keep track of it sometimes.