Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 06-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Protoboy

Help! New to cosplay :(

Hello cosplayers! Love this site, I've been a browser of images for a long time, and you guys really blow it up. Seriously. Absolutely fantastic cosplayers here!

I've finally made a profile here because I'm in need of some help! As some of you may know, the Zelda 25th Anniversary Orchestra is making it's way around the U.S. this year, and I have purchased tickets for myself and my younger brother, who is 11 years old. Me being 23, I've played a lot of Zelda games around him and he's been watching me for good deal of time now, and he's expressed an intense desire to go to this symphony, (He even offered his allowance money to help pay for his ticket, he's a cute kid!)

You guys probably know where I'm going with this, haha. He wants to go as Young Link to the Symphony, which I am more than happy to attempt to help him with! He wants to go as the Majora's Mask Young Link (Slightly different Hylian shield and Kokiri Sword design) My only dilemma is... I've never EVER done a cosplay in my life! I don't know the first steps to go about getting the materials or looking for pre-built pieces for a Young Link costume. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this build for him, it would absolutely blow him away if I could do this for him! The cosplay needs to be ready by Oct. 25th, that's when the symphony is, and this could also double as a Halloween costume for him.

I can upload a pic of him with some measurements if that helps with imagining the scope, but he's a little guy, so he'd work for Young Link I'd think. Any suggestions on where I can get pieces for the costume or if anyone commissions cosplay constructions, we can talk business a bit (I don't know if that's allowed on the site, so if not, ignore that, LOL) And honestly, I'm going for accuracy, not buget. Even though he'll grow out of it fast, I wanna knock this out of the park. It would mean a lot to me to see that I've passed on a part of my childhood to him that makes him feel as nostalgic and happy as it made me, and he'll have the memories forever.

Thank you so much everyone, I look forward to everyones ideas! If you need more info, just ask!
Regards,
Proto
Protoboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

PM sent, Proto. Hope I can help out. :3
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events

"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote