Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #136
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host
 
Freight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst View Post
Here is the thing, many people bought their tickets and made plans to attend the event at the time it was scheduled, not everyone has the luxury of changing their vacation time 10 months before hand, and also you are not looking at the other issues involved, you have no clue as to what other venues scheduled dates with the LACC, there may not have been other available dates, who knows AX might have had to postpone for many months, or held the event at a time that many people might not have found as easy to take off to attend.

In the end, it was best that AX simply stick to the scheduled dates and plod ahead. Overall, I feel they did a great job in dealing with the issues presented by the X-Games. Imagine how many people would have been asking for refunds had AX changed their dates


Yes, it was a pain that this year so many people had to cram into the convention center due to lack of outdoor space we have been use to in past events, but that issue was not in AX's hands, blame Los Angeles for that one.
How many people bought tickets 10 monts ahead?

How many people can't change plans 10 months in advance? I sure as heck can.

How many people had already made a decision to attend? I've personally put forth room offers 8 months in advance of AX and people consistently ask me, "Why put so much time on it? You've got a lot of time before the convention."

In this case, I feel I'm looking at a lot of the issues involved. I'm thinking that the venues usually used will be out of commission in that Staples, Nokia Theater, Nokia Club, L.A. Live, and Chick Hearns Street will be unable to be used by us; a thought that turned out to be true. I'm thinking that a serious lack of communication will occur leaving people in the lurch and several others confused. I personally saw that take place as well. I'm thinking that people could end up in bad situations due to the two different fanbases not always meshing well, and as a result, my wife suffered assault.

I checked the LACC event calendar months ago and there were three minor events taking place in a few meeting rooms and West Hall B taking place last weekend, so there was room for everything to still take place, but we may not have had room for "Bad Jokes by the CEO."

And with July 4 occurring on a Wednesday, this could have still taken place with the same connection to the holiday that the weekend of June 30 did.

I don't blame Los Angeles, because someone at the SPJA signed the contract and didn't think it would create enough of a disruption to matter about. You can't blame L.A. for providing a place that someone else was silly enough to sign the dotted line. That's like blaming McDonalds for getting fat.
Freight is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #137
Access
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst View Post
Yes, it was a pain that this year so many people had to cram into the convention center due to lack of outdoor space we have been use to in past events, but that issue was not in AX's hands, blame Los Angeles for that one.
It's not about blame or 'pointing the finger', it's just being able to offer the best experience to the greatest number of fans. Sometimes you have to be willing to adapt or change even if you are right or haven't done anything wrong. Sometimes this can be hard, it might mean second-guessing your ego or your pride or your stubbornness, but in the end you have to do what's best for the fans. It's just like driving, the full-size SUV or pickup that cut you off might be in the wrong, but you are still best to yield, especially if you are in a sports car.

I'm thankful that I was part of a large group and we looked out for each other, plus we had someone with us who knew the way. I wouldn't have wanted to do that alone. Also a lot of the photographers had problems or had to work around it, for example:

http://www.hcoregamer00photography.b...on-report.html

And then a lot of people did report problems.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #138
Hakaider
Sith Happens..
 
Hakaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst
Yes, it was a pain that this year so many people had to cram into the convention center due to lack of outdoor space we have been use to in past events, but that issue was not in AX's hands, blame Los Angeles for that one.
Actually, Oberst, it wasn't really all LA's fault this time.

There's a lot of things that happened behind the scenes at AX, that I'm going to keep confidential.

But let's just say that, it wasn't all LA's fault that AX was scheduled at the same time, as the X-Games.




Quote:
I'm thankful that I was part of a large group and we looked out for each other, plus we had someone with us who knew the way. I wouldn't have wanted to do that alone. Also a lot of the photographers had problems or had to work around it, for example:
Looking back, I think maybe I should have traveled in groups more often as well. I traveled alone quite a few times through the corridor linking the J.W. Marriott/LA Live Area, and the convention center, and each time that I went through when I was cosplaying, it was like running through a gauntlet of insults. (I really hated that corridor, and the insults made things very unpleasant.)


Quote:
http://www.hcoregamer00photography.b...on-report.html

And then a lot of people did report problems.
Yeah, I noticed that even Hcoregamer noticed some problems with the rude X-Games attendees.

Here's an excerpt from that link:
Quote:
One of the great concerns of people going to Anime Expo was how X-Games affected Anime Expo. From my perspective, X-Games affect Anime Expo a few ways. The first was that the convention center itself was more crowded than normal since the West Hall area was pretty much closed off. Having the events of X-Games also meant that walking back and forth between LA Live and the Los Angeles Convention Center would take longer than it normally does. Secondly, one of the big issues I had was the conduct of X-Games attendees. I had several issues where X-Games attendees rudely interrupted my photoshoots without asking permission. There was also another issue of them shouting out catcalls to the more scantily clad cosplayers.The rude conduct bothered me, thankfully it didn't impact the high morale of the cosplayers

Personally, I heard more than catcalls directed at the cosplayers. Some were curses & 4 letter words, but the X-Games security did nothing, when the X-Games attendees were cursing at the cosplayers.

Last edited by Hakaider : 07-12-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #139
Hetalia-Chan
Not Iceland, ice cream!!
 
Hetalia-Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makira View Post
Haha, that was probably a panty/stocking cosplayer.
Nope, it was a guy.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...bxxo1_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...u6zo1_1280.jpg
Hetalia-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #140
El_Duque
miyoshi82
 
El_Duque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post
Personally, I heard more than catcalls directed at the cosplayers. Some were curses & 4 letter words, but the X-Games security did nothing, when the X-Games attendees were cursing at the cosplayers.
What do you want X-Games security to do? Arrest and detain each and every X-Games attendees that just curses at cosplayers even if they are not drunk? I'm sure they don't have the power to arrest over something like that.

Also, I find that guy with the dildo very odd. This is AX not AXXX. I'm sure some kids were wondering what the pink thing he was holding?
__________________
Proud member of The Finest, a G.I. Joe costuming community
Interested in joining our ranks? Click on the link above.
Blog
Youtube
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013
Anime Expo 2006-2011
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013-present
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-present

Last edited by El_Duque : 07-13-2012 at 12:08 AM.
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #141
Makira
Show me where ya noms at.
 
Makira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 497
Haha, well, I hate to burst your bubble, but it looks like that might just be a male panty. I usually just see male stockings though with the short wig, haven't seen too many male versions of panty xD
__________________
Facebook Page- http://www.facebook.com/Makirascosplay
DeviantART: http://miss-makira.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://miss-maki.tumblr.com/
Social Cosplay- http://www.socialcos.com/profile/41
Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/MissMakira


Cons- AM2, Anime Expo 2012, Anime Vegas 2012, Animegacon 2012
Makira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #142
Hetalia-Chan
Not Iceland, ice cream!!
 
Hetalia-Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makira View Post
Haha, well, I hate to burst your bubble, but it looks like that might just be a male panty. I usually just see male stockings though with the short wig, haven't seen too many male versions of panty xD
Wrong, its Pico from Boku no Pico.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/20962661.jpg
Hetalia-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 02:32 AM   #143
Hakaider
Sith Happens..
 
Hakaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,172
Quote:
What do you want X-Games security to do? Arrest and detain each and every X-Games attendees that just curses at cosplayers even if they are not drunk? I'm sure they don't have the power to arrest over something like that.
No, I don't expect them to detain everyone of them for cursing in front of them. That would be unrealistic to do so. (By the way, X-Games security don't have any real power to arrest people. That's the job & jurisdiction of the sworn officers like the LAPD.) But I don't expect some of them to laugh along with them & point at the cosplayers too. Some of them weren't exactly discouraging the X-Games attendees from such behavior. (At least, show some professional courtesy & behavior. They are supposed to help keep the peace. Not add fuel to the fire.)

Last edited by Hakaider : 07-13-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #144
Makira
Show me where ya noms at.
 
Makira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetalia-Chan View Post
Wrong, its Pico from Boku no Pico.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/20962661.jpg
Geez, you're so serious. You remind me of a vendor who tore into me because I thought an anime plushie was someone else. I was just going to buy it because I thought it was cute, but not after being treated that way, haha.

I don't even know what that anime is, I was just offering a suggestion of who it might be, because you made it seem like because it was male it couldn't be a male version of a female character, but, good thing I said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makira View Post
Haha, well, I hate to burst your bubble, but it looks like that might just be a male panty. I usually just see male stockings though with the short wig, haven't seen too many male versions of panty xD
*ahem* Anyway.
__________________
Facebook Page- http://www.facebook.com/Makirascosplay
DeviantART: http://miss-makira.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://miss-maki.tumblr.com/
Social Cosplay- http://www.socialcos.com/profile/41
Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/MissMakira


Cons- AM2, Anime Expo 2012, Anime Vegas 2012, Animegacon 2012
Makira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #145
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host
 
Freight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,746
Mission Start Podcast did a review cast of AX, and I was a guest on the show.

Click here to listen
Freight is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #146
Oberst
Registered User
 
Oberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 122
@Freight, It's great you have the luxury to change vacation plans, you are looking at the issues involved from a personal perspective, not everyone has the same flexibility you have on changing plans. Not all businesses allow for that, and some of us, who run our own businesses cant just up and change plans. I make my vacation plans for the year after attending AX when I see what the new Anime Convention season will be in the next year so that I can leave my business on the days I wish to take and plan for my work force accordingly.

You are also not looking at the facts of how hard it is to plan an event and then change it. I have run events myself, and on several occasions did make a change in the event date when I saw it conflict with some other event, and each time I did, I lost attendance and spent a lot of time dealing with refunds. So I understand and am thankful they did not change the dates, since it is very likely I would not have been able to attend on the new date if they had.

While it is shame that your wife suffered an altercation this year, that honestly could happen at any convention when you are outdoors in a cosplay, Ive seen people heckled by passersby at AX the last three years I have attended. Did X-Games up that ante for issues? Sure it did, which is why I myself kept my Granddaughter away from the X-games venues as much as possible this year. (Its called Common sense)

Actually the only issue I had, was on day 0 after getting our tickets, and it had nothing to do with the X-Games crowd, most of whom just seemed to be wondering what all the people in costumes were about??? Our issue was with the ESPN-ZONE restaurant and the police, we went to place, my Granddaughter with a wood flag pole and me with a LARP Pole AX being used as a flag pole as well, the larp ax could clearly be seen to be a toy. We went in, as we have done every year past, but this year the manager of the restaurant seemed to be looking down his nose at us, since we were in costumes, we gave our names and sat down to wait for a booth but then 3 cops come in and tell us we have to leave the flag poles outside, or take them back to our car. Now in past years we never had an issue with our props. Not wanting to walk back to the parking lot, and definitely not wanting to leave our props outside we asked if they could be held at the desk, to which the manager refused, so we left. My thoughts are that with the X-games patrons being about, the restaurant viewed the AX patrons as second class. Seeing we had to walk anyway at this point, but still hungry, we walked up to the Denny's where we had no problems at all. We walked past many X-games ppl and never had an issue, not even heckling, some just stopped us to ask what was going on at the convention center, that was it. All the X-Games ppl I ran into were polite, perhaps I was just lucky, but I had no issues from them, on the few occasions we crossed paths.

The only other issue was the Christian protesters, which being a christian myself, irked the hell out of me as to why they were picketing an Anime convention of all things and I did get into a nice little discussion with a ring leader of their group

I'm Surprised the Sea Shepherds werent there this year, the way they hate the Japanese.

I am sure the Religious zealots will be back next year, and again, there is nothing anyone can do about them if they choose to return, such is the law of the land and free speech etc... My best advice, ignore them for what they are, misguided sheep in a lost flock led by someone with a personal agenda.

Last edited by Oberst : 07-13-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Oberst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #147
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host
 
Freight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst View Post
@Freight, It's great you have the luxury to change vacation plans, you are looking at the issues involved from a personal perspective, not everyone has the same flexibility you have on changing plans. Not all businesses allow for that, and some of us, who run our own businesses cant just up and change plans. I make my vacation plans for the year after attending AX when I see what the new Anime Convention season will be in the next year so that I can leave my business on the days I wish to take and plan for my work force accordingly.

You are also not looking at the facts of how hard it is to plan an event and then change it. I have run events myself, and on several occasions did make a change in the event date when I saw it conflict with some other event, and each time I did, I lost attendance and spent a lot of time dealing with refunds. So I understand and am thankful they did not change the dates, since it is very likely I would not have been able to attend on the new date if they had.

While it is shame that your wife suffered an altercation this year, that honestly could happen at any convention when you are outdoors in a cosplay, Ive seen people heckled by passersby at AX the last three years I have attended. Did X-Games up that ante for issues? Sure it did, which is why I myself kept my Granddaughter away from the X-games venues as much as possible this year. (Its called Common sense)
You're projecting.

I didn't say that AX should have moved weekends for MY convenience. I said they should have moved for EVERYONE ELSE'S safety. I have stated time and again that my personal safety, I can handle, and I can change plans within days of the dates I need to take off. However, I recognize that not all people can, and there was nearly a year to make a change and disseminate information. Are you serious when you say that 10 months isn't enough time to change plans or arrange to take time off? From what you're saying, you wanted it to stay put because you were the one who couldn't change plans so far in advance.

And what kind of events are you talking about? There's a massive difference in a one day event and a four-day event. Especially when the LACC's standard contracts say that long term events that project a lot of outside-of-Los Angeles attendees will be given top priority on dates. Anime Expo certainly applies as such an event. This is in addition to Anime Expo skewing younger in general in demographic. I never suggested changing dates permanently, or even moving it from the advantageous summer or 4th of July holidays, merely a one year move as the X-Games moved from the Olympics. After all, the Anime Expo dates are on a cycle of every approximate 10 years of occurring on July 4 and the subsequent days, just like they will in, hey, look at that, 2013.

And you definitely aren't paying attention because my wife didn't cosplay at all during AX. She was 7 months pregnant at the time of the "altercation" as you put it, and she was in the hotel. She was talking with a friend, both in normal clothes, when someone decided to put their hands on her. You make it sound like anyone in cosplay is fair game for ridicule and physical accosting, and that is just demented in my book. Women who dress provocatively aren't asking to get raped, just like wearing an AX badge is not an invitation for anyone to put their hands on the wearer.
Freight is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #148
Oberst
Registered User
 
Oberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 122
LOL Now you are just spin twisting, and if what happened to your wife happened IN the hotel, let me quote you just for verification here....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight View Post
She was 7 months pregnant at the time of the "altercation" as you put it, and she was in the hotel. She was talking with a friend, both in normal clothes, when someone decided to put their hands on her.
Shouldn't you be taking this up with the hotel, and not blaming it on AX? This could have happened at any hotel, at any time, in any city where you have some major event taking place.

And no, I am NOT saying that any cosplayers deserve to be heckled or accosted in any way, but be honest here, we all know this happens all the time with crude people, it is NOT right, nor should it be condoned in society, but rude and vulgar assholes exist everywhere, so dont try spinning it onto me that it is now my fault people got heckled or accosted, blame Police and the X-Games security on that one, since they had control of the outside areas, and blame the hotel for anything that went wrong there.

I find it highly immature that you want to blame everything on AX, overall, the security was far tighter this year then any previous year. When you know that there is going to be two major events at the same place, you simply have to take the extra steps to take more caution and be situationally aware of your surroundings. AX cannot control what people do out in the streets, nor can they control people's behavior, except where they have control, you should be holding the LA police as much responsible as anyone else in this regard, there were certainly enough of them on the scene, in force throughout the weekend.

And no, there is not that big of a difference between one day events and multiple day events, they both involve the same issues in planning, and in having any "special guests" or entertainment. Even with ten months advance notice, there are many people, and many guests who cannot make changes in their plans to allow for a change in the event date. AX doesnt just cater to California cosplayers, you have people flying in from not just around the country, but from around the world here, and many have limited vacation windows, this is especially true for those who come from Europe.

Be honest here, you bitch about AX EVERY YEAR! You seem to expect PERFECTION in anything you are involved with, and you really must be very let down by the world, since there is no such thing as PERFECTION, Yes, this year in some aspects was not as good as last year to me either, but for all the issues, I think AX did an outstanding job this year, the Concerts were great, I thought it was a good line up of guests of honor and overall, even though the heat, humidity, and the indoor crowds often got me under the weather the first two days, I had a blast.

In the end, take some personal accountability, you knew that X-Games were going to held the same weekend, you may have had some reservations about it, in the end, it was YOUR decision to take the extra risk, just as it was for me, to attend AX. It is not AX's responsibility to ensure you remain 100% safe anywhere outside of their control, within what they could control, they had more staff walking about this year then I saw last year, they did take extra precautions.

Again, sorry about your wife, and I do give my best thoughts and wishes that she and your as yet to be born baby are well and ok. But if this happened at the Hotel, this is hardly an AX issue, it is something that should be taken up with the Hotel, which hotel was it, so I know where NOT to stay next year!!!

Regards
Oberst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #149
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host
 
Freight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst View Post
Shouldn't you be taking this up with the hotel, and not blaming it on AX? This could have happened at any hotel, at any time, in any city where you have some major event taking place.
I raised the issue with the hotel, IDG, X-Games, and the SPJA. From a standpoint of overall accountability, of course, I hold the AX and SPJA chiefly accountable from a simple cause-and-effect standpoint:

The Olympics moved, and the X-Games, an event 3.5 times Anime Expo's size, decided to move. AX, I'm sure, had the same option, but decided not to.

AX decided not to adapt to the X-Games changing dates, resulting in AX and X-Games taking place on the same day, resulting in someone putting their hands on my wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst View Post
I find it highly immature that you want to blame everything on AX, overall, the security was far tighter this year then any previous year. When you know that there is going to be two major events at the same place, you simply have to take the extra steps to take more caution and be situationally aware of your surroundings. AX cannot control what people do out in the streets, nor can they control people's behavior, except where they have control, you should be holding the LA police as much responsible as anyone else in this regard, there were certainly enough of them on the scene, in force throughout the weekend.
Tighter? Is that why monks were handing out flyers inside the Convention Center? Security wasn't tighter. We were forced into a smaller area. I didn't see security so much as I saw people wearing "Event Services" shirts, and they are not security. They were people hired by IDG as traffic control. They were of limited help regarding anything. They couldn't even tell me where the first aid station was inside the convention center. You can't control anything if you don't know where to find it.

Like someone else who was assaulted, a call to police was made, but it takes more time to report a non-lethal crime than wholly reasonable. In addition, my wife was so upset that she didn't get the name of the person. Skinny, white, with tattoos and a baseball cap is not enough of a description considering the X-Games crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst View Post
And no, there is not that big of a difference between one day events and multiple day events, they both involve the same issues in planning, and in having any "special guests" or entertainment. Even with ten months advance notice, there are many people, and many guests who cannot make changes in their plans to allow for a change in the event date. AX doesnt just cater to California cosplayers, you have people flying in from not just around the country, but from around the world here, and many have limited vacation windows, this is especially true for those who come from Europe.
You still haven't answered my question of what event you run.

Guests, hotels, and even venue contracts aren't finalized until much closer to the convention dates than 10 months. I know that personally as I assist in another convention and stay abreast of what issues do and do not need solving. I also make phone calls every year I attend Anime Expo to stay on top of the hotel room release dates. 10 months is a reasonable amount of time to change a lot, including for the people I personally hosted FROM Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst View Post
Be honest here, you bitch about AX EVERY YEAR! You seem to expect PERFECTION in anything you are involved with, and you really must be very let down by the world, since there is no such thing as PERFECTION, Yes, this year in some aspects was not as good as last year to me either, but for all the issues, I think AX did an outstanding job this year, the Concerts were great, I thought it was a good line up of guests of honor and overall, even though the heat, humidity, and the indoor crowds often got me under the weather the first two days, I had a blast.
I will be honest. I don't "bitch," as you put it, every year. I loved AX until 2008, I was optimistic in 2009, and after trying every avenue I could to speak to someone, I've been pessimistic since 2010. Pessimistic doesn't mean that I have a problem with everything, but I think there's a broken trust regarding Anime Expo. I even posted a link to a podcast that I took part in. Give it a listen and see if I just sat there grumbling negative comments.

AX has run itself poorly for 3 years. It has had zero growth while other conventions have found footholds and other still have grown in the last 3 years, both big and small.

In the end, your statement that I complain every single year just proves that you don't know the first thing about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst View Post
In the end, take some personal accountability, you knew that X-Games were going to held the same weekend, you may have had some reservations about it, in the end, it was YOUR decision to take the extra risk, just as it was for me, to attend AX. It is not AX's responsibility to ensure you remain 100% safe anywhere outside of their control, within what they could control, they had more staff walking about this year then I saw last year, they did take extra precautions.
Again, I want to know who in AX signed the contract and when. Their decision with theo hope to pump up attendance by coinciding with the X-Games cost mental strife and comfort to more than just me and mine. On top of which, AX had the gall to raise registration costs in a year when they used less venues and stages than they have since 2003. Their decision has burned through a lot of good will and I talked to first timers. Some had fun, and good for them, but others did not have as great of as they did talking with me and hanging out after the convention.

I didn't sulk and I didn't stand around asking people, "Did you have no fun?" I asked fairly, "Do you want to go next year? There won't be any X-Games." I don't tell people not to go to any convention at any time, but I am definitive when I say that it's "not for me" or "I chose not to go."

I sincerely hope that the convention is better, and I hope that the Board takes a hard look at their direction and makes more fan-friendly changes than they have in the last 3 years.
Freight is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #150
Tasukiseishi
Bishounen Chaser
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst View Post
While it is shame that your wife suffered an altercation this year, that honestly could happen at any convention when you are outdoors in a cosplay, Ive seen people heckled by passersby at AX the last three years I have attended. Did X-Games up that ante for issues? Sure it did, which is why I myself kept my Granddaughter away from the X-games venues as much as possible this year. (Its called Common sense)

"Yes, please, Mr. Random X Games Guy. Please put your hands on me. Pin me to the wall. I don't really know you but I'm going to allow you to do this so I can give my husband more fodder to complain about the AX. How dare I step out of the house and out of the kitchen to do something I enjoy doing. This will teach me my lesson."

What would you have done if it were your wife? Or your daughter or granddaughter? You would be pretty angry yourself.

AX was decent. I agree with my husband that AX should have moved to another weekend where it wouldn't have been so crowded. But don't assume that Freight absolutely hates AX. If he did, why would he keep going?

We go because we love anime. That's it. There are issues with policy. There are issues with safety. There are always issues like these with something of this scale.

I would absolutely bring my 8 year old to AX. And in cosplay. In fact, she begged to go this year.

So, before you starting saying I basically deserved what happened, think before you type. I took your comment as offensive, sir.

Have a very nice night.

__________________
Join Dollars!
www.dollars-group.com
Tasukiseishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.