Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #31
Makira
Show me where ya noms at.
 
Makira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duque View Post
Facepalm

Oh well, I wish they moved back to Anaheim next year. I hope the X-Games doesn't come back next year at the same time.
I believe the X-games only changed dates because it conflicted with the Olympics.
__________________
Facebook Page- http://www.facebook.com/Makirascosplay
DeviantART: http://miss-makira.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://miss-maki.tumblr.com/
Social Cosplay- http://www.socialcos.com/profile/41
Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/MissMakira


Cons- AM2, Anime Expo 2012, Anime Vegas 2012, Animegacon 2012
Makira is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #32
El_Duque
miyoshi82
 
El_Duque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makira View Post
I believe the X-games only changed dates because it conflicted with the Olympics.
Who knows, we'll see whenever ESPN announces their dates.
__________________
Proud member of The Finest, a G.I. Joe costuming community
Interested in joining our ranks? Click on the link above.
Blog
Youtube
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013
Anime Expo 2006-2011
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013-present
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-present
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #33
Xeia DeVertrude
Registered User
 
Xeia DeVertrude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 201
Overall I had a really great time at AX this year to a point where I lost my voice from screaming and cheering from excitement. An obvious issue was the overcrowding/human traffic that was going on between the X-Games and AX as well as the "sudden" street closures that made a lot of people take the long way in the heat of LA. Security seemed a bit easy because I was able to slip in and out easily and I wasn't too thrilled about hearing a few rude comments here and there form X-Gamers. The Masquerade was chaotic as far as the skits and location goes. If was being held in Hall G in the South hall while the line to wait to get in was in Hall A in the South Hall. A bit of a hassle just to sit through dull, boring, chaotic skits. Some walks on were alright, but I was unimpressed. Last Comic stnading was stale because it ended up being the same people and jokes from last year which were mainly racist jokes and sex jokes. Some were funny, but let the jokes be about anime. Overall, overcrowding dulled the excitement for me, but not to a point where I was able to enjoy it.
__________________
Future 2014 Conventions
Anime California (Went)
PMX (Going)
ALA (Going)


Upcoming Cosplays
One Piece // Sanji
Pokemon // Mega Absol
Free // Seijuro Mikoshiba
One Piece // Eustass Kidd
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure // Star Platnium
Xeia DeVertrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #34
BTierK2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
X-Games will most likely shift to Brazil or some international country next year. So you can be glad there won't be an X-games. But start worrying, WEST hall might be taken down for a NFL stadium.
BTierK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #35
AbsolutelyCurse
Registered User
 
AbsolutelyCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 20
You'll have to scroll down a little for the dates, but in short, there will be no conflict with ax next year.

http://espn.go.com/action/xgames/cit...ix-events-2013
__________________
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
AbsolutelyCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #36
a600hz
theoretical physicist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 357
The Convention wasn't good this year. In my opinion, non of the panels seemed interesting, and I was pretty annoyed at how they made premier wait outside in the sun and didn't hand out tickets early.

Ended up only going two days because of it. Will not be going to AX again, that's for sure. I didn't mind the X Games at all though.. Especially dem Rally Cars.
a600hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #37
BTierK2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
People complaining about the X-games, that is not up to Anime Expo to decide. Instead of complaining about it, why don't you do a little research on why the X-games conflicted this year. Normally the X-games are held during the end of July but there's something called the 2012 London Olympics that starts at the end of July (maybe some of you have heard of it). The X-games obviously cannot compete with the Olympics so they moved their event to the beginning of July which unfortunately conflicted with Anime Expo. However, anime expo could not really do anything about it as the venue belongs to LA Live I believe and they authorized it.
BTierK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #38
TBZK
Registered User
 
TBZK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTierK2 View Post
People complaining about the X-games, that is not up to Anime Expo to decide. Instead of complaining about it, why don't you do a little research on why the X-games conflicted this year. Normally the X-games are held during the end of July but there's something called the 2012 London Olympics that starts at the end of July (maybe some of you have heard of it). The X-games obviously cannot compete with the Olympics so they moved their event to the beginning of July which unfortunately conflicted with Anime Expo. However, anime expo could not really do anything about it as the venue belongs to LA Live I believe and they authorized it.
No need to use that tone in your writing

Regardless of it being out of Anime Expo's control, they will know how much it bothered attendees of the conflicting dates and may decide about these types of things in the future (change of dates, venue for a year, more likely dates) because the X Games did cause a lot of problems for attendees this year.
TBZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #39
BTierK2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBZK View Post
No need to use that tone in your writing

Regardless of it being out of Anime Expo's control, they will know how much it bothered attendees of the conflicting dates and may decide about these types of things in the future (change of dates, venue for a year, more likely dates) because the X Games did cause a lot of problems for attendees this year.
I apologize for my tone, it's just I really dislike negativity around conventions. I want to make the best of each event I attend without any distractions. Sorry.
BTierK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #40
TBZK
Registered User
 
TBZK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTierK2 View Post
I apologize for my tone, it's just I really dislike negativity around conventions. I want to make the best of each event I attend without any distractions. Sorry.
It's what the Feedback section is for though. I highly doubt Anime Expo wants people to pretend everything was perfect and not give criticism, then they will never know what to improve on. I'm pretty sure this year opened some eyes within SPJA about the conflicting dates and how to avoid it now. I try to make the best of my conventions too, but there will always be things that need improvement. No worries though ^_^

Best improvement i've seen for Anime Expo throughout the years has been the lines for registration, SUUUUUCH a huge improvement over the years
TBZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #41
a600hz
theoretical physicist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 357
>Best improvement i've seen for Anime Expo throughout the years has been the lines for registration, SUUUUUCH a huge improvement over the years

Lines were pretty horrible, imo. Especially Premier lines.
a600hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #42
TBZK
Registered User
 
TBZK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by a600hz View Post
>Best improvement i've seen for Anime Expo throughout the years has been the lines for registration, SUUUUUCH a huge improvement over the years

Lines were pretty horrible, imo. Especially Premier lines.
Lines for events or registration? Regardless of how long the lines are for registration, the process goes a lot faster now. Lines for events was a whole other story.
TBZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #43
a600hz
theoretical physicist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBZK View Post
Lines for events or registration? Regardless of how long the lines are for registration, the process goes a lot faster now. Lines for events was a whole other story.
Picking up badges as Premier. Had to stand outside under no shade. Is hot. >mfw http://farm1.static.flickr.com/65/21...6d1ec98da1.jpg
a600hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #44
TBZK
Registered User
 
TBZK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by a600hz View Post
Picking up badges as Premier. Had to stand outside under no shade. Is hot. >mfw http://farm1.static.flickr.com/65/21...6d1ec98da1.jpg
Oooo didn't know that >_< You'd think they'd give a better line area for people who are paying more money D:
TBZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #45
Makira
Show me where ya noms at.
 
Makira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 497
The lines were way better this year as far as registration goes. I stood in line for my press badge and got it very quickly, then went and stood outside with my friends to get their registration badges and the line was snaked pretty badly but it was non stop movement, unlike last year. Where as your premier badge may have been uncomfortable, the other lines were going way better then they were last year. I'm sure with all the chaos going on, it was hard to come up with spots to put people in line.
__________________
Facebook Page- http://www.facebook.com/Makirascosplay
DeviantART: http://miss-makira.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://miss-maki.tumblr.com/
Social Cosplay- http://www.socialcos.com/profile/41
Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/MissMakira


Cons- AM2, Anime Expo 2012, Anime Vegas 2012, Animegacon 2012
Makira is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.