Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 09-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #46
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

I actually got invited for a sword art online based forum RP but I'm a horrible writer xD I've never done anything like that before and I'm sure doing it on the chats doesn't really count for much xD That I actually have done though
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #47
Marauder_Pilot

I used to quite a bit, back when the Sluggy Freelance forums had a teeming mass of RPers on it.

Sadly, we've all since drifted away. I miss those boards, and I've never been able to find a group online that keeps interest as much-although whether that's the group or me just growing away from online RPs, I'm not sure.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #48
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

I used to RP on group forums. Key word: Used to. Unfortunately the thing about group RPs is that it leaves little to no room for flourishing when it comes to writing. Most commonly I would run into people thinking their sub-par writing could be considered advanced or more frequently than not-- by attempting to squeeze their character into the middle of the action once all attention was focused on them they had no plan for what to do next with. I always found the same type of people to occupy forum RPs. One liners, L33T and poor writing skills aside my attention switched focused on people I started to learn to try and avoid in such forum RPs, unfortunately it's nearly impossible to do. Despite how elitist I sound I found them to be everywhere.

You can find my reason here on DA, since Cosplay.com doesn't want to register lengthy posts well :| http://kimmiecat555.deviantart.com/j...ping-326754350

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer

Last edited by Monocle_Complex : 09-23-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #49
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
I used to quite a bit, back when the Sluggy Freelance forums had a teeming mass of RPers on it.

Sadly, we've all since drifted away. I miss those boards, and I've never been able to find a group online that keeps interest as much-although whether that's the group or me just growing away from online RPs, I'm not sure.
If it helps; TV Tropes has an entire sub-forum devoted to RPing.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #50
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

I frequently role play on forums and do a little bit through AIM or other instant messengers. I mostly role play on Gaia Online, which I have been for a few years now.
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote