Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Super Sentai

Unread 06-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
UnknownAir

Akibaranger Cosplay Cosplay

Hey guys.

I'm no cosplayer but a month or so ago I saw a cosplay I desired greatly. So much so I have begun a diet and have already lost a good 2 stone/28 pounds and hope to go about losing more so it will all look the more better.

This is the cosplay in question: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...55-d53cztp.png

I've tried to get as many pictures as possible but if there's any more i'll try and get some more shots from the episode.

Some of the things are fairly simple. Boots, biker gloves, some sort of black and red outlined hoodie/sweater and a piece of white cloth are easy to get for it. Other things like the vast amount of cardboard and various coloured tapes as also easy to get.

Sadly though i've never made a cosplay though and putting it together seems to be the issue. Really what I need is to work out a design plan for it. Such as what separate pieces are there and what I have to do to put it together. Any sort of guidance or help with the plans of it would be greatly appreciated. Or anyone who can point me where to go for this sort of thing would be fantastic as well!

Thank you in advance for any help. This is something I really want to do and I really want to make this happen.

(Akibaranger Episode 9 to be exact for any one who wants to see it for themselves...)
UnknownAir is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #2
Char350
MOTTO MOTTO!

The link doesn't seem to work at the moment, but from your description, I'm guessing you are talking about Cardboard AkibaRed? My friend cosplayed it for Anime Expo 2012, so you can see the links below for reference:

Here

Here

Here

and Here
Diamond/Lucas - Pokemon Platinum
Cheren - Pokemon Black & White
Ian Vashti - Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Katori Shingo - Bistro SMAP
Ikari Gai - Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Char350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
UnknownAir

Oh wow! That's perfect! I'll probably throw you a PM as well but that's exactly what I wanted. What I mainly need are references on the chest part so if you could get me in contact with your friend that would be great.
Unread 07-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
UnknownAir

Though looking at it. It doesn't seem all that hard to make..