Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 07-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

My mead is fermenting. This makes me happy.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #17
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
lol whut why u post my edit in a new post coscom?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 07-02-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #18
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #19
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

I probably fit in better here then in the ranting/venting thread considering that I rarely have anything to rant about
Manjoume Jun - Yu-Gi-Oh GX
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #20
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Boyfriend and I found an apartment that's only $400 a month including gas,sewage,trash and water. It's a 600 sqft studio about 15 minutes away and just a smidge closer to his work. This may be doable.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #21
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Holy. How'd you find one THAT cheap? Around here you can get a single room in a shared house, no utilities whatsoever, for $400 a month...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #22
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Holy. How'd you find one THAT cheap? Around here you can get a single room in a shared house, no utilities whatsoever, for $400 a month...
Michigan is broke as shit, and the area ain't nothing special. A studio isn't anything special either, but this one is still MUCH better then any other studio apartment around. The other apartments around, the ones famous for druggies and cops showing up at all hours of the night, are $485 - $505 for only 442 square feet. So. Yeah. This one place is purty good.

Here's the layout for reference:
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #23
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Deposited some more monies into my account. Just waiting for my last paycheck now...Then I have to find another job
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #24
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
That reminds me, I need to see if there's a way to test mead for rat poison.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #25
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Toronto's rent is a waaaayyyy high. I was kinda shocked when I was looking. The only way I could have the same conditions of life without having to put up with flatmates would have been to pay more than twice what I pay now per month on rent alone.

I have a 2 bedroom apartment on 2 floors for 575$ a month, electricity, furniture, heat and water included.

I'm assuming Emmers' area is the same as here.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #26
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Toronto's rent is a waaaayyyy high. I was kinda shocked when I was looking. The only way I could have the same conditions of life without having to put up with flatmates would have been to pay more than twice what I pay now per month on rent alone.

I have a 2 bedroom apartment on 2 floors for 575$ a month, electricity, furniture, heat and water included.

A 2 bedroom apartment around here would be probably more around $600+, the $575 is closer to a 1 bedroom. But based on that price I'd say your area is likely similar, but Michigan is poor and dried up like a desperate prostitute's clientele so I am not sure if it's a fair correlation.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #27
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

My apartment is like $825 a month, but cut that in half since I have a roommate.

Its a little spacious but the area makes me feel racist, a lot of immigrants here, and the stupid ones stick out.

STOP WALKING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD YOU FUCKS.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #28
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Arc that's not racism, that's spreading your hate equally.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #29
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

I'm going to cosplay the guy who got the super-soldier serum before Cap tomorrow at a parade

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #30
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post

yeah, i was looking into living expenses in Toronto since I'm hoping to enroll at a college there and would have to move to TO.... yah. Residence is the WAYYYYYY better choice. $625 a month for a shared suite dorm room, with utilities included, onsite laundry facilities, light housekeeping, security and a common kitchen and lounge on each floor.
Whereas, single room student housing STARTS at $400 a month. Anything decent would be at least $600. And wouldn't include any of the perks of being in residence.

Also, rent for the apartment I live in is inclusive $700 a month, for a now-rundown smallish 2-bedroom in a crappy building. And that's DIRT cheap because we've been there since 1997. New ones in the building are $850 a month. Most other apartments (actual apartments, not single rooms) in the city are from $600 to $2000 a month depending where you live and if inclusive or not. For a rather small city that's got very few conveniences like Toronto would, or even a similar-sized one like Guelph that's got way more amenities (like decent transit and commuter trains to Toronto), that's CRAP.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote