Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 07-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #31
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I feel kind of guilty that I found this sorta sweet dig now xD Pretty much every apartment here regardless of price includes gas and water.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #32
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I guess that's the advantage of living in a broke-as-shit area? Southern Ontario's generally stupidly inflated everywhere since a third of the country lives here, plus a bunch of the jobs, the country's capital, and the province's capital. Yah. Love it here, except the rent.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #33
Lithium Flower
Handphones

That is the good part of living in a broke ass area, but your still broke as hell so it feels expensive anyway.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #34
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
I guess that's the advantage of living in a broke-as-shit area? Southern Ontario's generally stupidly inflated everywhere since a third of the country lives here, plus a bunch of the jobs, the country's capital, and the province's capital. Yah. Love it here, except the rent.
My bf got an apartment in London for $699/month including utilities plus 2 months free - so 582 a month really. Place is very nice and even has an outdoor pool. Place was renovated before he moved in (bathroom was totally redone). Location is great too - nice area and no frills is like a 10 min walk away.

London is full of rather cheap rent because there is a shit ton of landlords who threw up apartments and houses in a rush to get in on the demand there.... and now its a buyers market.

Downfall is London has shitty traffic.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #35
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

London's also wayyyyy too far away and unknown for me to consider moving there (I live in Kingston. About three hours east of Toronto and two south-west of Ottawa).:P Plan in the future for me is to eventually move to Guelph, or I suppose if I had a great job to afford living there without an awful apartment, Toronto. (Though if I get into the college I'm hoping on, I can at least get to be a college student again while living there. This time a hipster-ish fashion student with a home to sort-of call her own...)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 07-03-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Unread 07-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #36
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
My bf got an apartment in London for $699/month including utilities plus 2 months free - so 582 a month really. Place is very nice and even has an outdoor pool. Place was renovated before he moved in (bathroom was totally redone). Location is great too - nice area and no frills is like a 10 min walk away.

London is full of rather cheap rent because there is a shit ton of landlords who threw up apartments and houses in a rush to get in on the demand there.... and now its a buyers market.

Downfall is London has shitty traffic.
And shitty food
And shitty buses
And shitty bars

I live in London, it's shit.

Also, where was this apartment, it...intrigues me. If it's in the east end, never mind, I would need to be on welfare to fit in.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #37
Lithium Flower
Handphones

But in America we see London as exotic and fun! And fishy. Lots of fish. Fried fish. And rain. A lot of rain. I hear London has two seasons, rain and more rain.

Michigan has two seasons, construction season and no one knows when construction season is over.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #38
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Silly goose, there are more than one Londons
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #39
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Like New London, CT!

Actually, Connecticut has quite a few foreign territories in its lands

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #40
zeldawulffie205
aknijig reyalpsoc

I found pea ponds on my pea plants! I'm a farmer ^w^
Unread 07-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #41
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Silly goose, there are more than one Londons
DON'T YOU RUIN THIS FOR ME.

It's like the mermaids all over again.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #42
usuyukisou

Wow, I'm quite envious of that Michigan rent...

I'm living in a lower-middle-class college area... The demand from students pushes the price up. I have a really good deal at $500 a month, everything included. It's a residential house too, so the landlady lets me use her piano (music student here) and her gigantic library (which has... everything. Just... everything.).

Back in my hometown? In the cities next to my hometown? In other places I've lived in the US (San Diego and Los Angeles)? Ahahaha. I wonder if you could rent a bathroom for $500 a month....

California is so expensive TAT

Thanks for the heads up about London though. I will eventually have to move there, so I'm glad to see it's apparently cheaper than many areas in California.
Unread 07-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #43
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

For the record, the London in question is London, Ontario. Not England. :P (As cool as that would be.)
Unread 07-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #44
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

I, personally, hate London (England). As a friend of my dad's is fond of saying; London is not England.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #45
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Having never been there, I obviously have no opinion. I do want to go (well, to the UK and much of Europe in general, not just London), though, someday.
I guess how a lot of Canadians feel about Toronto is the same (and yah, it's really not the quintessential "Canada" if you're a tourist. Ottawa's better for that, or some actual wilderness :P). Almost my entire family hates Toronto, despite most having never even lived there or gone there more than they could count on one hand. I like it, but I don't think I'd want to live there long-term. Huge cities aren't for me.