Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 07-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #46
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuyukisou View Post
Wow, I'm quite envious of that Michigan rent...

I'm living in a lower-middle-class college area... The demand from students pushes the price up. I have a really good deal at $500 a month, everything included. It's a residential house too, so the landlady lets me use her piano (music student here) and her gigantic library (which has... everything. Just... everything.).

Back in my hometown? In the cities next to my hometown? In other places I've lived in the US (San Diego and Los Angeles)? Ahahaha. I wonder if you could rent a bathroom for $500 a month....

California is so expensive TAT

Thanks for the heads up about London though. I will eventually have to move there, so I'm glad to see it's apparently cheaper than many areas in California.
Even though my displeasure expressed at the rental property not updating their information on the studios being all rented has made me a little ruffled about it I have to admit, they still have very fair pricing.

For a 1 bedroom it's only $499 and that's including the sewage, gas, water, and trash pick ups. You only get an extra 50 square feet from the studio but $499 still isn't a bad price.

Assuming that it's true that they actually have this available this time ~__~
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #47
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Yesterday when I was in the bathroom at Boyfriends sisters cleaning up from frog-hunting and I was sweaty and muddy I looked in the mirror and thought "I look pretty" and it took me by surprise I kind of stared back at my reflection in shock.

Boyfriends mom introduced me as "my sons Girlfriend Emily, my daughter-in-law" to a woman she had just been speaking to at boyfriends sisters 4th of July party.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #48
Adorima

The sister spent all of the Fourth of July with us and so far, all of today! We ate tons of filipino food, watched some anime, did make-up, took pics (you can check them out on here now!), talked, and just had a nice time hanging out! I currently have a B in my Psych class which isn't that bad, and a C of high mediocrity in Chemistry, but the teacher's giving us extra time to do research on our speech, which is a really considerate thing to do considering how the wildfires effected Colorado. Most of all it's really a miracle of the firemen's dedication and God's mercy that the wildfires down in the Springs, which started on June 23 that burned over 18,000 acres of mountain-side and homes is now 90% contained! Thank God! Officals had projected that it be50% contained by the 16th of July, but we were proven wrong, wow! Also, I pray that the firefighters remain safe, as there are only 2 civilian deaths so far.

+*+*+

NDK 2012/13:
Yori Wakaba - Vampire Knight 25%
Wang Yao (China) - Axis Powers Hetalia
Adorima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #49
Shana05
The Nation of Love

I got a new camera!!!

Anime Central: Maid Cafe!Aiichiro Nitori (Free!) - Flapper fem!America (Hetalia) - Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #50
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

After a wee kand a half of anxiously hoping, I got approved this time for my first credit card! ^_^ Happy. (And no, don't worry, I'm not going to go out on a shopping spree with it. I limited my credit to $500, and I intend only to use it for things like hotel reservations and online purchases, or emergency purchases. No "OMG these shoes are on sale! Put it on the card!" shopping)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #51
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Ex boyfriend and I are now good friends!
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #52
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Today a kitty came up to me when I left my house. It was so cute and friendly! Aww! It made me happy

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #53
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Woohoo! Got the blouse for my Twilight Sparkle gijinka, for a mere $3.37. Just got to embroider a cutie mark monogram on it (and I have all the thread colours needed).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #54
MeiChama
Professional Alvin Lover

I hemmed one of my cosplay pants for the first time yesterday all on my own. :'D

What's Being Made
Surprise {Shingeki no Kyojin}
Hanji Zoe {Shingeki no Kyojin}

Where I'm Going
Anime Expo 2014

"With our powers combined we are cosplayers!"
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #55
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Going to residency in VT for the next eleven days to write children's books! My amazing advisor actually said he was jealous of my next advisor because my writing was "amazingly good" and he really wanted to continue working with me on it.

I re-met the Mathematician's family, and they love me even more this time around.
Long past-relationship spoiler below:
The Mathematician is my high school sweetheart, whom I almost married when I was eighteen. I realized that, since he's four years older than I am, and had already experienced a lot of awesome things when I'd only JUST gotten my first car and bank account and hadn't even really had a job yet, I wouldn't have the chance to experience anything for myself that wasn't filtered through him. I'd be completely reliant on him for the rest of my life. So we broke up, and I tried to date other people (he was my first boyfriend.) I had a few awful relationships and one really good one, but, in the end, I realized that I'd never stopped loving the Mathematician and I had to know how we got along--even just as friends--now that I'd become my own person in my own right, independently of him. And, somehow, we discovered that we were a much better fit than before. So, I moved to NYC to seek a job in publishing, and now we live together, and, though it may seem foolish to do so, we're quite happy, and it seems very right for both of us. [/spoiler]
I was quite concerned about how his family would react to me, but they were super cool about everything, and they genuinely like me. Yay!

And my fat Chihuahua lost a pound!

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

Raistlin Majere
Ninetails Gijinka
Morticia Addams (couple's cosplay)
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #56
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Going to residency in VT for the next eleven days to write children's books! My amazing advisor actually said he was jealous of my next advisor because my writing was "amazingly good" and he really wanted to continue working with me on it.

I re-met the Mathematician's family, and they love me even more this time around.
The Mathematician is my high school sweetheart, whom I almost married when I was eighteen. I realized that, since he's four years older than I am, and had already experienced a lot of awesome things when I'd only JUST gotten my first car and bank account and hadn't even really had a job yet, I wouldn't have the chance to experience anything for myself that wasn't filtered through him. I'd be completely reliant on him for the rest of my life. So we broke up, and I tried to date other people (he was my first boyfriend.) I had a few awful relationships and one really good one, but, in the end, I realized that I'd never stopped loving the Mathematician and I had to know how we got along--even just as friends--now that I'd become my own person in my own right, independently of him. And, somehow, we discovered that we were a much better fit than before. So, I moved to NYC to seek a job in publishing, and now we live together, and, though it may seem foolish to do so, we're quite happy, and it seems very right for both of us. [/spoiler]
I was quite concerned about how his family would react to me, but they were super cool about everything, and they genuinely like me. Yay!

Wait. Wait. Hold the phone.

You have a Chihuahua?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #57
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post

I was going to note how sweet that story was...then I started wondering how a dog ends up needing to lose weight (one of my parents cats got pretty tubby a while back, but she managed to sort herself out)...

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #58
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

I now have a HTC Wildfire S.

It's because of my own reasons.

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #59
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

She's my mom's. And she's on steroids, so she's enormous.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

Raistlin Majere
Ninetails Gijinka
Morticia Addams (couple's cosplay)

Last edited by Flora88 : 07-08-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #60
sam vimes
A real live wire

I was waiting for you to admit that you and the Mathematician were a thing, Flora. Hope you two groovy kids make it.

I'm currently happy because I'm about to make hot Italian sausage omelets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote