Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 06-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Chelseahavoc
super moonie!

Talking princess zelda OOT adult dress

Hello i was hoping to get a few clues as what to do/what pattern to use for Adult Princess Zelda from OOT.

referance: http://www.stepmania.com/forums/atta...tachmentid=869

im mainly looking for a good pattern for her collar/under dress i have a good idea for the skirt and over bodice but help with those are also welcome

i thank you ever so much in advance for your help!

Unread 06-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
SailorAndromeda
is eating your cake.

Hey! I tried to respond to the comment you left on my costume photo, but I have no idea if it worked (it's being buggy right now apparently...). Anyway, I just looked for a sleeveless top with a rounded or Mandarin collar. And if you find a pattern but it's not sleeveless, that's not too hard to make into sleeveless. I can't say what pattern I used, because I'm not even sure, since it was about 10 years ago that I made mine XD
If you browse the pattern catalogs in the fabric store or online, you should be able to find a pattern that would work. I usually start with www.simplicity.com or www.mccallpattern.com when looking
Unread 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Chelseahavoc
super moonie!

thank you so much for responding!

all rightie i'll look for a pattern like that. all the dresses and pictures ive seen look like there is no seam line on the collar-to-bodice area. i wonder if theres a pattern like that :/
Unread 06-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
SailorAndromeda
is eating your cake.

Probably not. Sometimes you just have to put a seam line where there isn't one in the art
Unread 06-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Painapurru
Tries to be Helpful

Gosh, this dress was a labor of love for me, I hope yours comes out beautifully!
I didn't use any patterns for my dress, but what you're aiming for as far as the top part really is just a sleeveless shirt with the addition of the squared off collar, so that's basically how I did mine (made a sleeveless shirt with a zipper on the side and then sewed on the collar, hah!).
I hope you use a circle skirt for the bottom of the dress! Zelda's dress is depicted as having a LOT of folds and fabric in it, I think a circle skirt is one of the best ways to go about this, and they are easy to make. I used a circle skirt and the way my skirt lays is one of the most common complements I get on the costume!
The over bodice is easy enough, just be sure to keep it symmetrical and not to make it too long.
Good luck!
Painapurru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
Chelseahavoc
super moonie!

thank you for your help! i hope to make it a circle skirt but i might not of bought enough fabric for that =/ well see what happens lol. and i do so love your zelda! >.< i think it was the first one i found and looked at for ideas and im pretty sure andromeda's was the 2nd you two are really inspiring