Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 07-04-2012, 03:14 AM   #31
The Curly Squid
Funsized Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
I once had a dream where I was in cosplay at my university (I don't recall what costume), and for some reason Starkid Productions was there and they were impressed with my costume and saying they could use a new costume designer, and I remember I was so happy in the dream, because I could meet Joe Walker and possibly go out with him and maybe get married and have babies and then I was talking to my dad about all this... and then paused, asked him, "Is this a dream?" to which my dad responded "What do you think?" And I realized it was.

Not so much a nightmare so much as it was a horrible dream to suddenly become lucid in. For real, I look back at that dream and still get angry at my subconscious for it. -w-
I can't think of a happier dream :3
☆〜 Sealand - Hetalia (90%) 〜☆
☆〜 Nepeta Leijon - Homestuck (20%) 〜☆
☆〜 Cian - RETRO SHEEK (15%) 〜☆
☆〜God Tier Dave - Homestuck (10%) 〜☆
The Curly Squid is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #32
Gaara-Sephiroth
Riku's Girlfriend

I had a dream that I found out my Link ears were hopelessly missing 3 days before AX so I had to go without them....oh wait, that actually happened. :-/

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LinkTheHeroOfTime

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/RikusGirlfriend

Feel free to add/watch/follow me, especially if we met at a cosplay event. :-)
Gaara-Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 04:32 AM   #33
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Curly Squid View Post
I can't think of a happier dream :3
Lol, it would've been a good dream had I not gone lucid. Because when I'm lucid dreaming, things can never seem to quite go my way no matter how many times I say "This is a dream, I can control it!" So I never got to meet Joe Walker in my dream. D:

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #34
The Curly Squid
Funsized Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Lol, it would've been a good dream had I not gone lucid. Because when I'm lucid dreaming, things can never seem to quite go my way no matter how many times I say "This is a dream, I can control it!" So I never got to meet Joe Walker in my dream. D:
Aww D: still the idea X'3
☆〜 Sealand - Hetalia (90%) 〜☆
☆〜 Nepeta Leijon - Homestuck (20%) 〜☆
☆〜 Cian - RETRO SHEEK (15%) 〜☆
☆〜God Tier Dave - Homestuck (10%) 〜☆
The Curly Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #35
MeiChama
Magical Girl

Yeahhhhh......sometimes I have nightmare where I've forgotten all my cosplay and had to go to the con without them, or I slept in on one of the days and everyone left, OR I've slept in at home and everyone left me while they went to the con. Another nightmare I've had is where I went to the con, but I forgot EVERYTHING. Clothes, cosplay, suitcase, etc. It was horrible. DX;;;
Unread 07-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #36
Viveeh
necrocarnival

I tend to have these all the time, specially before cons... It was actually two nights ago that I dreamed I was going to participate in a contest the next day as SS Zelda, but I hadn't even nearly finished my costume... And I asked my mom to send me my old boots and hope they would get here in half a day.. Ahaha, so stressful. XD

Another one was about me taking part in a contest and was frantically trying to finish my costume backstage... It's just that I hadn't even nearly finished my costume nor styled my wig. DX

In another one I went on stage in an unfinished costume and unpainted props...

Aaand I have a bad memory so that's all for now. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMayDrako View Post
I had a really WTF nightmare. I was walking into a theator for a game at a convention same with a lot of cosplayers. When the place was packed the announcer announced that dinosaurs will be attacking anyone with a scarf, and anyone who didn't want to attend could head back to the dome; just keep your eyes on the dome. However the winner would get a grand prize. I gave my scarf I had to another cosplayer and said she could use it just email me when she's done then I started back. Only thing was there was no quitting this game. And one chi started freaking out cause she had a scarf in her hair. Needless to say there was a whole lot of cosplayers taken out jurassic park style. And not in the convention center for some odd reason as soon as anyone walked out of the theator they ended up in a jungle.
Okay, I just laughed my a$$ off.

Last edited by Viveeh : 07-04-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #37
Spazmodroid
AKA, the awesom-o 4000

i always have dreams that my cosplay is only in it's cardboard state (less than 50% finished), i always end up going to some warehouse where the con takes place, and it's always by means of a train. WHAT DOES IT MEAN.

this also never happens right before the con. usually months away while i'm still planning

@romaydrako - I want your dream. lol
Hello, geeks. Look at your profile, now back to mine, now back at your profile, NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, your cosplays aren't mine, but if you stopped wearing cat ears and fishnets and made your own suits of armor, yours could look like mine. Where does this LINK go? Back at me. I see it, itís my facebook page filled with pics of me creating that thing you love. Look again, THE PICS ARE NOW VIRAL. Anything is possible when your costume looks like Spazmodroid's and not this.

I'm over 9000
Spazmodroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #38
XxChibiArtistxX
Megaweenie Extraordinaire

Before my first convention, I had so many of these XD I had one dream where I showed up to the con and no one was there, another where I forgot my pants and had to wear sweats, and another where I forgot my cosplay entirely! Oh, and I remember a few months ago, I had a dream that I had slept through my favorite convention ( which is in October...) and when I woke up I was so confused lol. I occasionally still have dreams like that, but very rarely, usually about once every 6 months-ish.

Possible 2013 Cosplays
Velvet Squiddleknit Rose LalondeFem!GamzeeGod Tier Roxy LalondeJack Frost

TumblrTwitter
XxChibiArtistxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #39
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Maybe it's because this thread was on my mind when I slept, but just last night I had a dream I was in my SS Zelda cosplay and the wires that make up the strings of my harp were falling off. I wasn't so much upset about the fact it was broken so much as I was terrified that broken hanger wire might hurt someone. >.>

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 02:08 AM   #40
Spiritwalker
Green (without envy)

I do remember one. The reason why I remember it is because it was so bizarre I actually bothered to write it down so I will never forget.

I was at a convention dressed as an Orc, but not a costume I ever remember seeing before. It was very cool, flashy and kind of nature-y like a druid and magical like a wizard and intricate like a priest all at once. My tusks looked just right, my arms were toned, I was a good shade of green and I was quite popular. Tons of WoW cosplayers were around and everyone wanted me in the front of the photoshoot because I was clearly the best one there.

Then for some reason I wanted to remove my ear prop because I thought it was crooked. I tried to take it off and it would not come off. I tugged and tugged and it hurt bad. Then I panicked and tugged as hard as i could and it came off. I was really relieved until I noticed that my whole ear came off! And I was bleeding in a very sickly green color, like slime. I just kind of stared at my ear in shock and some random person was like "You know, if you were going for realism it should have been a blackish-green. That's too bright a shade."

Then I woke up. Despite it being very freaky I remember being quite annoyed that there was some know-it-all snob trying to downplay the costume I had on (that was better than anything I've actually made). ~_~

Alter Egos:
Orc Warlock (WoW) 85% (revamping certain parts for 2013)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon) 100% (pics up soon)
James (Team Rocket) 100% (pics up soon)
Orc Shaman (WoW) 75% (revamping process)

Far Future/Dream Alter Egos:
Draenei Paladin (WoW)
Worgen Druid (WoW)
Galio (LoL)
and one more...

Last edited by Spiritwalker : 07-05-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Spiritwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #41
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

I didn't have the dream personally, but I remember my friend's mother, who helped me tremendously in the making of my Relius Clover costume, had a nightmare where the staff at the convention, the one we were making the costume for, wouldn't let us in unless we were 23 years of age (i'm 21, so even then i'm like huh?).

so yeah. try to avoid doing cosplays the week before a convention. they give nightmares, yo.

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #42
ChibiTeapot
Certified Cat Lady

I had a dream that my friend decided to make her own cosplay, (She usually asks me to make it for her.) She made it terribly and mine was okay. Without any notice, she told me that we were going to switch costumes for that convention because "it's my first convention so I get what I want". I had to wear a costume made of satin and props and jewelry made out of paperclips and hot glue while she happily wore mine which I spent days on. It wasn't fun.
ChibiTeapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #43
Asa Gohan
Broke College Student

I had a dream where I slept through 3 of the four days of AX.

Animegacon 2014
Otakon Vegas 2015

Duo Maxwell
Kenshin Himura
Pinkie Pie

Next Cosplay: Louise Belcher!
Asa Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #44
SeraphicSkitty

Before a con, I always dream that I forget my costumes and show up to the con naked
and that I show up to the con on the wrong weekend.
So, I'm naked and I'm the only one there.
It's the only recurring dream I ever have, and it evolved from my high school dreams of showing up to marching band competitions on the wrong weekend naked.
SeraphicSkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #45
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Oh, man. I've been having cosplay nightmares for the past week. Like, the convention ends up being moved to the next day instead of remaining four months from now, so my cosplay isn't done. Last night I had one where I traveled all the way to the con and found out that I forgot to pack. So I had to go back down home and then travel back, only to realize I forgot to pack again.
And then I got to the convention and realized that I didn't have my purse or my phone, and my ride had already driven away.

DROGNRMOM I HATE THESE

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote