Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 07-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #46
HappehPills

You're not alone!

Recently I had a nightmare where I was supposed to cosplay as Axel from Kingdom Hearts and I've forgotten my wig and weapons. @_@;; Last night all I dreamt was related to cosplays and commissions.
HappehPills is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #47
Proturnal
Nom-ifacation achieved !

I've never been to a con so busy building my forst costume.

Had a nightmare last nite that i dropped the chest armour and cracked the frame on my way to the airport. Woke up in absolute panic! Methinks nerves are getting to me. lol
Unread 07-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #48
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

The DAY of Seishun-con, I woke up about an hour or two early than I should have and went back to sleep. As I was sleeping the second time I had a nightmare that I forgot everything and kept having to run back and forth only grabbing one thing at a time, then realized we had no car, then realized when we got a car we had no directions...
PERFECT TIMING, BRAIN.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #49
GrellFanBoi~
~Grell Is A Crazy Fruit~

YES!
Oh my god, I hate cosplay nightmares. xD
Like, before a convention, I always see around 3 or more dreams where I've forgotten my wig.
GrellFanBoi~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #50
BlueBird01
One Piece Cosplayer

Most of my nightmares revolve around me either forgetting parts of my cosplay, or my friends bailing on me for their shares of the hotel room.

But I know that I'm just going to forget something right before the con. What it will be is anybody's guess :/

Next Con:
San Japan Mach 5
Cosplays:

Nico Robin Enies Lobby Version (One Piece): 90% finished
Ghost Princess Perona Timeskip Version (One Piece): 40% finished
Mermaid Princess Shirahoshi (One Piece): 30% finished
Gen. Kuja Warrior (One Piece): 80% finished
With a month left. Challenge Accepted

San Japan Photoshoots:
Kuja Warriors: Need more people
Fishman Island: There's an Ishilly, Shirahoshi, and Keimi
BlueBird01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #51
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

Most of mine involving whatever new costume I'm working on and debuting it at a con and it looking terrible. Most recently, my new Aurora Tutu for Rue - I had a nightmare a couple days ago that it was not so much a tutu as a pencil skirt. Yeah. This is what happens when a con is right around the corner and I'm still not done yet, and it happens every time!

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #52
Jabberwack
Epic Zombie of Epicness

I have nightmares about having no idea to get to the place (and I normally drive my friends there).
I also tend to dream about how wrong meetups could go and meeting people you know online in person...but I suppose that's kinda normal.
I did have a really scary dream that at a convention everyone started morphing into the character they were, personality and all, and every villan started killing other cosplayers and it was a massacre. Go me and my unrealistic dreams.

Cosplays: Brock (Pokemon) 95%, L (Death Note) 100%, Kurapica (Hunter X Hunter) 100%, Bikky (FAKE) 40%, Count D (Pet Shop Of Horrors) 70% Dave Strider (Homestuck) 95%
New York Comic Con 2012:
Friday: Sober! Gamzee Makara (Homestuck) 80%
Saturday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Sunday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Jabberwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #53
Proturnal
Nom-ifacation achieved !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwack View Post
I did have a really scary dream that at a convention everyone started morphing into the character they were, personality and all, and every villan started killing other cosplayers and it was a massacre. Go me and my unrealistic dreams.

Technically, this would be the most realistic con ever !
Unread 07-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #54
Failwhale

One I actually had "today":

Someone stole parts of my costume so I spend most of the first con-day hunting after the pieces .
After I FINALLY managed to collect everything I noticed that I didn't finish everything or forgot something at home...

... and the remaining pieces started to fall apart when I was in the changing room.
Failwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #55
Adorima

Honestly, I had one where they didn't let me in because I was too politically/religiously conservative. D:

+*+*+

NDK 2012/13:
Yori Wakaba - Vampire Knight 25%
Wang Yao (China) - Axis Powers Hetalia
Adorima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #56
Amandy-Chan

When a con starts getting close and I'm not done with my cosplay (which is pretty often *has terrible time management*), I start getting cosplay nightmares all the time. This year, I dreamed I was working on something that was giving me a lot of trouble, but when I finally managed to finish it, I'd sewn it on the wrong side (which didn't make sense when I woke up because the two sides of the fabric were not that different, but it was devastating when I was asleep DX).

I often dream the "I forgot my cosplay" stuff, too. One time, I dreamed that I didn't have any of my cosplays done, so I was going to try and throw together some closet cosplays using the wigs I had, but I forgot everything I was going to bring, so I was trying to call people who hadn't left yet to go get them for me.

For me, it's just a reminder that I need to get my butt in gear and finish them. They keep plaguing me until I do. XD
Amandy-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #57
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Last night I had a dream that I went to the Arda booth at Otakon to buy my Duke Devlin wig, and they wouldn't let me have it. It was really frustrating!

Though it turned out all too prophetic, since I just checked the website, the the wig I was going to buy for Duke is out of stock, and will be so until late August. Damn.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #58
Akushou

I had one just a few days ago. I was working on a couple of sword props for Sesshoumaru when both of them started to break, so I had to hunker down and start fixing them. Then I realized that it was late on Friday, the day that Anime Iowa started, and I was still at home in Minnesota. None of my costumes were done (sucks, since I'm running a photoshoot and entering in the masquerade), and my friend from Illinois was there and alone at the hotel.

In the end, I ended up waking and couldn't fall back asleep because I was so freaked out D|

Cosplays in Progress:
+ Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha) - 99% complete
+ Pyrrha Nikos (RWBY) - 60% complete

Future Cosplays:
+ Casual Irisviel (Fate/Zero)
Akushou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #59
AliceOfHearts

I've had nightmares that I forget my contacts (it's more of a practical thing than cosmetic, since I can't see without glasses or contacts), or that I forgot to remind a friend to bring a wig for my costumes ^^; I'd wake up freaking out xD

I then found out from a friend that con nightmares are pretty common, and I think I've had about three of them before the last A-Kon.
AliceOfHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #60
Lady Death
The Sarcastic Bunny Queen

Well, a few days ago...I had a dream that I was in my Stocking cosplay...ONLY TO REALIZE THAT MY WIG CAME IN SUPER LATE and I had to pick it up from the post office. The dream ended with me finally getting my wig but sadly I woke up and visited the post office later that day to find out it still hasn't arrived.
Lady Death is offline   Reply With Quote