Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 07-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #61
Viveeh
necrocarnival

Yesterday I finished a bikini cosplay for a beach photoshoot, in one day...

And well, I had a dream that I had to finish a giant mecha costume in one day. DX Typical...
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #62
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Last night I had a dream that I was cosplaying Pegasus from Yu-Gi-Oh and for some reason I was at an Aquarium. Then Kyo from Fruits Basket showed up and started throwing sea urchins at me from the top of a staircase. It was REALLY weird.

No more cranberry-strawberry juice before bedtime for me...or no more watching the Yu-Gi-Oh movie before bedtime for me. I'm never going to hear the end of this when I actually cosplay Pegasus though.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #63
TheCosplayFox

I have these way to often. I happen to have vivid dreams and since I'm always working on cosplay it happens to be on my mind a lot.

I've had every dream I think lol. I've had the one's where I was unpacking and I forgot to bring a crucial item to a convention. I've also had one where I was missing money.

some of the recent one's that I remember are I actually had a con nightmare at a con lol. When we went to bed my cousin went off to hang out with one of our friends and I don't know why but I had a dream that we were wandering around trying to figure out where he was all night long because he kept calling us drunk. He's never drank at cons or anything like that so I'm not sure why I had a dream about that. I even remember waking up feeling angry a few times then falling back asleep and continuing the dream.

I also had one where one of my friends friends make people uncomfy and he checks people out during cons. Just girls so I don't like to go by him but I had a weird dream where he was making all of my female friends angry, and upsetting them and everybody thought he was pervert and someone was going to punch him in the face then I woke up.

I also had another dream where we driving to the con on these big clouds or something I don't even know how to describe it and we had my Black Rock Shooter Canon strapped to the top of our car cloud thing and the sheet covering it flew off and LED lights were flashing on and off. Then a lot of cop cars and the swat team came cause they thought it was a real Canon and that we were trying to shoot stuff. They didn't believe us about the cons and they thought we were using fake identity's etc because of the strange clothes, makeup and wigs. I think I had the dream since I had a conversation with a friend as a joke about putting the Canon ontop of my car and timing how fast I got stopped lol.
TheCosplayFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #64
Starrehchan

I had a dream I went to a convention after going to a convention but no one else was in costume and it took place in an airport.
Starrehchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #65
LadyKiko95

Just last night I had a dream where I forgot to put my convention fee from my savings account into my checkings and I was freaking out. Then one of my friends came off a bus and then I woke up. So strange.
LadyKiko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #66
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Really really weird one last week. It was Halloween and my friends and I were at the mall in costume, I was Hatori from Fruits Basket. Then my friend randomly picked a cat up off the ground and decided to keep it, but he knew we wouldn't let him so he ran into this gigantic 10 story Macy's. We followed him in there and it turned out Dartz from Yu-Gi-Oh was the president of Macy's so he was trying to help us find our friend, except it was Dartz from the Abridged series with the color changing hair and the weird accent. We eventually found him, but by the time we did, I'd somehow changed costumes. I don't remember into what though.

then two nights ago, I dreamt my friends and I went to cosplay at the mall on Halloween (again) and my one friend was forcing us all to cosplay Panty & Stocking. I don't like that show, even in my dream so I spent the entire dream hiding behind clothes racks and trying to find a friggin' pair of Pants. I finally ended up changing into Mello from Death Note before waking up.

And when I fell asleep in the car on the way home from my family vacation, I dreamt that somebody (who I later found out was Dr. Horrible) kept stealing all of my good cosplay pants and cutting them up, and every time I tried to by new pants they were out of stock.

Yeah, my brain is weird :/
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #67
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Last night I had a dream that I was cosplaying Pegasus from Yu-Gi-Oh and for some reason I was at an Aquarium. Then Kyo from Fruits Basket showed up and started throwing sea urchins at me from the top of a staircase. It was REALLY weird.
Guess then you shouldn't stop by the Baltimore Aquarium as Pegasus when you're in town for Otakon, huh? xD
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #68
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Guess then you shouldn't stop by the Baltimore Aquarium as Pegasus when you're in town for Otakon, huh? xD
especially not if my friend brings his Kyo cosplay!
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #69
Black.Cat-Chan

Ah, first real cosplay nightmare last night. I blame my stupid on the fritz sewing machine.

So anyways, I dreamt that the day I was supposed to check in at D*Con me and literally everyone I could think of that I knew decided to drag me to a mall on a giant yellow school bus driven by my crazy bus driver from last year. I kept saying I needed to go, but no one would let me leave. Finally I bribed the bus driver with books to take me to the hotel, and when I arrived it turned out I missed either the bird or monkey show, and I had to wait until the next one to go to the room with my friends. Then it turns out my suitcase was replaced by a replica one filled with guy costumes too short for me. Though somehow it turned out that I had grabbed the wrong one and mine was in my mom's car . So then the bus appears again and the bus driver offers to take me how to get it. Of course it turns out that my mom's car is in the hotel parking lot and the bus driver remembers this halfway to my house, so he leaves me on the side of the road. So then the dream fast forwards to me on my shared hotel room the first day of the con. I open my suitcase, and the only things in it is my penguin underwear, a roll of flaming dragon duct tape, and all the uncut fabric I used to make my costumes. There's no scissors in the room so I'm forces to tape the fabric into some semblance of a costume or be forced to wear my Garfield PJ's in front of everyone. I woke up after I had to apply tape to my head to keep my wigs on.

I really need to quit pulling allnighters before cons O.o
Dragon*Con 2013

*Cosplays*
Cheshire Cat Gijinka (Classic Disney=100% Tim Burton v2=100% v3=planning)
Drifloon Gijinka=10%/Planning
Red Panda/Pabu Gijinka= (V1=100% V2=planning)
Hero of Brightwall = [on hold for Momocon]
Steampunk Kitties = Only an Idea/planning
Black.Cat-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #70
defectedmodel
Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoradoFlower View Post
I never thought it'd come to this, but recently I had a nightmare I forgot ALL my cosplays for an upcoming convention. I was stuck at a con with photoshoots and no costumes!

TERRIBLE!

Anyone else have cosplay nightmares? Or am I just a huge nerd
I do sometimes actually XD I thought I was the only one. I can't remember details right now though T_T; con anxiety haha
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #71
CozmicRio
☆ Kinezono ☆

I usually have the nightmare where the con is tommorrow & I have nothing or barely anything done. Im currently making Tiras ring blade from Soul Calibur & I had a nightmare that I made the thing too big. I remeber I couldnt go up the escalator in fear of the stairs chipping into it & I had to hold it up higher then resting it on my shoulder like I had planned. I also half assed the entire cosplay so it was just an all around embarassment >.<

Even though they are nightmares Im glad to have them since they kind of get my ass in gear & I want to work harder so that doesnt become a reality x.x
CozmicRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #72
Sharnie

I've just started work on my first cosplay, but the other night I had a terribly frustrating dream. I was at a fabric store, looking for blue velvet and then my sister (who is coming with me to the convention) started yelling at me because the convention was starting in a few hours, and even if I could finish the costume we wouldn't have wigs. So we went hunting wigs to find a costume we could make, and we'd find the perfect wig for one costume, but not be able to find the pattern or fabric and then we'd find the perfect fabric/pattern but have no wig. It was a frustrating mess
Belle's provincial blue dress - for myself - started.
Kida - for my sister
Snow White - for myself
Sharnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #73
Kairi's-Fantasy
Artsy Tech

There is this lace part on the stomach area of my Rin dress, and I had a nightmare that I tried it on, and the lace was at the bottom of the dress.
It was so sad... I didn't want to have to take the lace out, and re-sew it all over again.
It felt so real, too...
It's not exactly the most terrifying dream ever, but it was still sad for me ;o;
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
Blossom (Powerpuff Girls - Original "post-disaster"/"geared up" ver.)

Planned for 2015:
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts - Steampunk)
Fem!Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Zelda (Hyrule Warriors)
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #74
selenebeaupre

I actually got a lot of nightmares about my Yami Yugi cosplay, especially about my wig. I once had a dream that I forgot my wig at home and I couldn't go back, so I was randomly standing there at a convention, full cosplay without a wig.

Another time I was dreaming that I was walking around the convention with my boyfriend, having fun. Suddenly I walk by a mirror and I see I have an unfinished wig on my head, causing me to suddenly remember I never finished my wig. So I had been walking around with some cartboard attempt at a wig on my head. I was angry at my boyfriend and screamed 'Why didn't you tell me?!", but he didn't respond and kept walking.

Luckily, once I finished that wig, the nightmares stopped.
selenebeaupre is offline   Reply With Quote