Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums

Unread 07-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
choxie-chan
Uchuu KITAAAAA!!!!

Please help me!

Hello I know I'm posting this in the wrong section of the forum so it's probably going to be locked. but it's related anyways,

I bought a cosplay from a peep here in the marketplace (I won't tell who)
like in April 28. But until today, I've been so dumb to be flipping generous to everyone I know, and I'm too innocent to the world yet that I believe that everybody are trust-able, how stupid can I be? that I've wasted my time into this?!

The cosplay was $65 total, so I bought it at that time. I've also requested a tracking number for it or pay for tracking number. Then weeks later, I've messaged the peep (on May 14) and it results that the item has been sent back because it was sent to the wrong address. So the peep asked for my address again, I gave it and once again requested a tracking number to be added, but for some "strange" reason, that person HASN'T INCLUDED A TRACKING NUMBER. Once again weeks passed. and AX was almost here. NOTHING HAS ARRIVED. so I messaged the person asking of the whereabouts of this item and if a tracking number has been included. NOPE. Well, this person has offered me to refund the item and check with USPS, and apologized for what happened, because the item is missing. did I receive any word or a refund a week before AX? NOPE. NOTHING! Unless I spoke out that person responded, even ASKING ME HOW MUCH I PAID FOR THE ITEM!!! WOW!!! I swear I bought my other cosplay stuff here and they arrived perfectly fine.
I honestly haven't enjoyed AX this year because of this!!! Just today I've sent a rant with once again, asking for a refund. Seriously I have wasted my time and money believing that I'd dress up as that character I bought, and I'm very hurt by that.

So I ask you guys, what else can I do? honestly, this has never happened to me.
I would like tips and suggestions.

And beside all that rant I did just now, I'm posting this here because I'd also like to warn other buyers/sellers here in the marketplace, BEWARE!! you may NEVER know if the seller/buyer is legit or not, or whether the seller/buyer is accurate or not, or any surprises.
Seriously, do not end up like me!!! SO BUY/SELL WITH EXTREME CAUTION!

Thank you.

Last edited by choxie-chan : 07-02-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Unread 07-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

If you paid through a debit/credit card with PayPal, I highly suggest going to your bank and issuing a charge back claim. I had to do that once and all it took was filling out paperwork once and the bank did the rest of the work. I was refunded in a week or two.
Unread 07-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

I agree with angel. If you did this though a paypal opening a claim is a breeze and then they will help settle it for you. If you did it though concealed cash well then your more or less SOL since you can't really track that.
It's always best to do some research and go through safe outlets. I buy and sell here and I never do anything unless it is via paypal. If someone buys from me I send them an invoice before they send me money so they can check their shipping address and can see the cost broken down for them. When I buy I reuqest that they send me an invoice so I can make sure everything makes sense and it is what we agreed upon.

BeanSprout Photography
Photo Shoots available! For CTCon 2014!
Unread 07-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

I agree too. If you do have a problem with someone on here, I highly suggest you getting onto the forum here about commissioners. You can leave negative feedback for them and also let people know about them so it doesn't happen again.

http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=246 <--Forum.

That might help out a little with getting the word around, because we all would like to know and be aware of those scammers out there, right? : )

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #5
choxie-chan
Uchuu KITAAAAA!!!!

Thanks folks
What should I put for the Provide Additional Information section?
and what category should my cosplay fit to?
Its making me send a message to the seller to why I'm opening this case,
I don't know what to put in there since I heard that I'm supposed to add in evidence or such. Once again thank you all!
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #6
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

If you're talking about PayPal, simply explain what happened and that your deadline has been missed and the seller did not provide shipping confirmation or tracking, so you are opening this case. After you open the case, make sure you escalate the claim as soon as you can...or else the case or dispute will automatically expire and you'll be without a refund.

Basically, just opening the case is to try to get in contact with the seller to let them know there's a problem and to settle it without it rising to an actual claim. If you do not raise it to a claim, you'll be out that refund. If you do raise it to a claim and the seller cannot provide evidence of sending the items, or doesn't respond, you'll automatically win your case and be refunded.

Also, you only need to provide proof if PayPal asks you for it, or the seller challenges what you say and miraculously has some sort of proof. Typically, the proof section is what PayPal uses if two people need to "hash" it out and they are uncertain of what might have really happened. If the seller can't provide shipping confirmation, chances are very slim that they will win a case against them for not shipping an item.

I hope this made sense. :P

Last edited by angelbabycakes : 07-03-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Unread 07-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
choxie-chan
Uchuu KITAAAAA!!!!

It looks like I'm not going to be able to win that case since it's closed (45 days have passed, how stupid can I get?) but it's being reviewed by Paypal so I'm escalating by adding more links and info. I hope I get a good ending...
Unread 07-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Typically...after 45 days, PayPal won't do a thing about it, but maybe they will for once. If you paid using a card through PayPal or your bank account, go file with your bank immediately, as I stated above.
Unread 07-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
choxie-chan
Uchuu KITAAAAA!!!!

^ ^ ^ ^ Nevermind! thank you!!
I called PayPal and then told me what you said XD they got the case and told me to do a claim with my bank so I did the rest and there XD thank you!
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:35 AM   #10
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by choxie-chan View Post
^ ^ ^ ^ Nevermind! thank you!!
I called PayPal and then told me what you said XD they got the case and told me to do a claim with my bank so I did the rest and there XD thank you!
Great! I do hope you get your money back. You shouldn't have a problem doing so, but every bank is different. I wish a smooth claim filing for you...and a smooth transaction to get your money returned. Glad I could help!
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #11
choxie-chan
Uchuu KITAAAAA!!!!

Thanks for everything!! :3 everything went excellent! just an update, the seller hasn't responded to me, I guess it's because of my case. Should I go ahead and leave a review on the commissioner's thread?