Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 11-09-2002, 09:47 PM   #1
gsaint
i'm just like a baby

Cosplay in Korea.

Hi It's the first time to write something here. I'm so excited to meet many overseas people who like cosplay here.

I'm not an expert, but I wish I can say about our(Korean) cosplay's characteristic.
It's not a special thing but a little bit different.

Is there a stage performance? It's a big trend in Korea. It is like a play sometimes...Very exciting!
A year ago, I also liked that and took a part once but I quit..I'm so old that I can't do that any more..;;

One thing I don't like about cosplay in Korea is "Star cosplayer".
There are some very cute and pretty girls who love cosplay like any other people. However, because they are prettier than other people, some people think they are big star. They have fan site, even fan club.

I can't understand that. They have same hobby, and it's not a big thing.
Well...because of my poor english, I couldn't transmit my opinion well.... Excuse that.^-^;;

I'll write other things sometimes

Have a nice day.^^

Unread 11-09-2002, 10:03 PM   #2
soshi
onna kaizoku

hello! ^_^ my friend is fluent in Korean, maybe I can get her to post in here!

there are stage preformances here, we call them masquerades. lots of people preform and sometimes compete for prizes. ^^ I don't usually compete because I'm not competative, tho.

we have "star cosplayers" here, too. I don't like that, either. I think everyone should be equal and have fun.

see you around~ ^^

And yes, this means you.
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2002, 10:14 PM   #3
Famira Damaris
Oekaki Whore

It's true we have some "star cosplayers". However, the main point is to have fun - and I don't think anyone can get too old to cosplay! *beams* It's all about having fun and meeting new people.

As for "stage performances" - as soshi said, most conventions will have a "Masquerade", for cosplay walk-ons, skits, dances, musicals, whatever. For the larger conventions, usually not everyone can see the Masquerades because so many people are in the audience. ;_;

Quote:
Hi It's the first time to write something here. I'm so excited to meet many overseas people who like cosplay here.
Hey, it's always fun to meet other people outside the country! *massive lobster huggle*

Last edited by Famira Damaris : 11-10-2002 at 09:33 AM.
Famira Damaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2002, 10:35 PM   #4
Ukayoru no Chou
Visually Oriented Culture

Hey, I'm glad you decided to post here! And we understood your point, and your english insn't bad ^___^;; Yes, alot of people don't like the "star cosplayer" thing over here, I know a few sites where people "bash" those " star cosplayers". Lol, I doubt your to old to participate on the stage play ( masquerade ), and I enjoyed your website, its very nice! ^^

Last edited by Ukayoru no Chou : 11-09-2002 at 10:39 PM.
Ukayoru no Chou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2002, 10:39 PM   #5
Aya Mizu
Sakurairo

Ahnyong! I'm a fellow Korean cosplayer here in America!

The cosplay is the very much the same here with people who others like more, but many people cosplay here to have fun
Aya Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2002, 07:56 AM   #6
gsaint
i'm just like a baby

WOw!! It's very similar!! I didn't know that^^;;; I really wanna see that performances some day.^^
I thoght "Star cosplayers" only exist in Korea, but it was not. I'm a little bit surprised. I think the main point is having fun, as you guyz said.^-^/
Unread 11-10-2002, 09:57 PM   #7
RealizeDOP
Lina <3 Eddeh

Hi! : ) Wow, your a wonderful Cosplayer!!! : ) I'm so glad to see you post!!! Hahaha...Everybody knows I'm a very big fan of Korean things. I really like a lot of the Korean Cosplays I have seen!!! I think it shouldn't really matter about "Star Cosplayers" , as long as you have fun and you strive to be better is all that matters. : )

-Carolina
Unread 11-10-2002, 11:01 PM   #8
Sakura
Original Sakura

Ahnyong haseyo! ^_^; not sure if that's proper Korean, but I'm trying hard to learn because I take Tae Kwon Do. But anyways, you're right about those star cosplayers. I'm not trying to be mean to my fellow cosplayers when I say this, but there are some huge showoffs in the cosplay community (but not here at cosplay.com of course ^_-) and it annoys me! I think Masquerades are scary, I looked out at the audience and ran off the stage!
Unread 11-11-2002, 01:10 AM   #9
Famira Damaris
Oekaki Whore

*huggles Sakura* Hey, at least you had the courage to even sign up for a Masquerade! ^^ I wouldn't have even gotten that far. Audiences are intimidating. ;_;
Unread 11-11-2002, 01:37 AM   #10
gsaint
i'm just like a baby

^^/ Wow!! So many people like many things about Korea! I thought Korea is not so famous^^;;
Yeah..Performances( Masquerades-this word is not familiar with me.^^ are a little bit scary. And one of my friends broke his ribs during the performances. It was TERRIBLE...

Last edited by gsaint : 11-11-2002 at 02:51 AM.
gsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2002, 02:36 AM   #11
DJ(SiC)ness
Kyo For President

"bastard star cosplayers" <---genuin DJ quote
DJ(SiC)ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2002, 09:28 AM   #12
HuongStar

Hello! ^_^ Welcome to the forums!

We also have "star" cosplayers here and I think it's pretty much unavoidable in any major hobby scene.
Unread 11-11-2002, 09:57 AM   #13
Famira Damaris
Oekaki Whore

Quote:
And one of my friends broke his ribs during the performances. It was TERRIBLE...
OO! Are you serious? What happened?
Unread 11-11-2002, 10:05 AM   #14
gsaint
i'm just like a baby

At that time, we really wanted to win the 1st prize so we practiced and practiced all the time. And We were using some big weapons(not a real thing of course;;;.). He was hitten by a big, big club and fell down and... It was really horrible. However, he went to the stage with his big pain and we won. After that, he went into a hospital.-_-;;;;
Unread 11-11-2002, 10:28 AM   #15
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

Hi!

Nice to hear from a cosplayer from Korea too!

My country also got some "Star" Cosplayers but am happy that they are still very friendly and helpful to other cosplayers.

Frankly for my first love in Costuming (Anime/manga cosplaying is my 2nd), I'm being made the Star Cosplayer/Costumer cause I'm the only one seriously into it (Arrrhhh!!! I'm not that good yet!!! ).

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote