Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
omgitsnessy

i just looked at them too. i am a stick, and i know plenty of other people that are sticks. and i know that most of us have wished we could have some sort of shape lol. the grass is always geeener on the other side i guess
omgitsnessy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #17
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Cosplaying is supposed to be fun and I'm so happy you have found that happiness.

And thank you for reminding me of it.

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
  • Princess Peach - Super Smash Bros
Nightwitch-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #18
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

When I was in high school all my friends were sticks and they tended to always complained about their looks but I never did..I have always been a big girl and I'm proud of it. I know I need to lose some weight so that I can be able to say like get a job,etc but now I have a medical condition that prevents me from doing so. Now everyday I struggling just to keep my self esteem up. Taking on things like Cosplaying where ppl will judge you just cause your not thin is something I am willing to do..

Kikaisaigono has made me trust myself alittle more. I am thinking about doing Rei's Bunnysuit

Thanks again

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #19
sweetteasus
cold glass of salvation

*wild applause*
You are my new inspiration. I'm trying to get up a Battle Bunny Riven cosplay and I was beginning to have doubts as to whether I can pull it off. After hearing your story and seeing how you freaking owned that Asuka cosplay (you look freaking amazing!), you've given me hope.
Keep doing what you do and don't let the haters (especially 4chan) keep you down.

Anime USA 2012
Anarchy Stocking-Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Battle Bunny Riven-League of Legends

Nekocon 2013
French Maid Nidalee-League of Legends

Katsucon 2014
French Maid Nidalee-League of Legends
Megurine Luka, Project Diva version-Vocaloid
Amethyst-Steven Universe

sweetteasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #20
Syrical

You are seriously amazing, for both putting up with all of that over the years and sharing your story here on this particular forum exactly where it needs to be. You're definitely an inspiration to all of us, no matter what size. I'm a fan of Asuka too and I'm sure you're going to look INCREDIBLE. ♥
〖 kuroko no basuke 〗 tetsuya kuroko
〖 persona 4 〗 rise kujikawa
〖 pokémon emerald 〗may

kanbarest.tumblr.com
Syrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #21
Jabberwack
Epic Zombie of Epicness

This made my day, and I actually think I'm tearing up for it. Wow.
You are actually really hot, and please, strut your stuff. I would kill to have the looks and body you do. Your new boyfriend is lucky.
I am much too skinny, and I think I'm okay with that. I was going to try and gain weight, but somehow, a post on "Plus size" cosplaying (from your picture, you are not plus size. not.) convinced me that I didn't. Your body type is your body type and you should like it. I have also never cosplayed, only crossplay, because so many costumes show off a lot of skin, and I don't really like my skin or the lack of fat under it. But I think that may change now.
Thank you.

Cosplays: Brock (Pokemon) 95%, L (Death Note) 100%, Kurapica (Hunter X Hunter) 100%, Bikky (FAKE) 40%, Count D (Pet Shop Of Horrors) 70% Dave Strider (Homestuck) 95%
New York Comic Con 2012:
Friday: Sober! Gamzee Makara (Homestuck) 80%
Saturday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Sunday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Jabberwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #22
BriarRose88

Do not pay any attention to the internet trolls. They are sad human beings who hide behind a computer and insult people for pure sport. I saw your pictures in your profile, girl you are FIERCE!
BriarRose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #23
TheGlitterPill

I find the people who body-police cosplayers the most are people who would not have the guts to put on any sort of costume at all. Sad, sad people who never grew out of being a playground bully.

That bunny suit looks amaaaazing, seriously.

I also have health problems that make losing weight harder for me, and for the longest time I was putting off doing the costumes I wanted to "until I lost the weight." But I have finally figured screw it. I wanna dress up and have fun for me, and if anyone has an issue with me dressing as Batwoman, they can kiss my shapely butt.

(Note: My Batwoman bodysuit? Looks freaking hot on me. Spanx just smooths it all out into an hourglass of awesome)
TheGlitterPill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #24
Malasond

Thank you for posting this, I really needed to hear it. I keep in insecurities kind of private only my husband hears about them. He just says I am pretty and loves me no matter what. I guess I should believe him it has just been hard some days when my confidence is at an all time low. I had lost over 80lbs 4 years ago and since getting married gain 50 of it back. In the past before I lost the weight I had gotten some nasty comments at conventions for being so big and cosplaying and it does hurt. You gave me the motivation to make my costume for this year. I was tempted not to since I had gained so much weight back. I will make my Fi from Zelda skyward sword and walk with confidence. With my husband by my side and the motivation you gave me I will do it. Thank you so much.
Malasond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #25
threestories

I'm so sorry that people were so needlessly cruel to you. You are a stunning girl, and your costume is beautiful, and anyone who made fun of you for it deserves pity.

Cosplaying is about being a part of a community of fans, and having a blast and being creative, and that's it. ALL PEOPLE should be able to have a good time with it without having to worry that people are going to be obnoxious and judgmental toward them. No one has anything to prove; we're all just out to have a good time.

I thought I'd pass along this blog of plus-sized cosplayers' photos http://fuckyeahfatcosplay.tumblr.com/ it always makes me smile.
Mother Superior (Once Upon a Time)

DragonCon 2014:
Femme!Riddler (DC Comics, original design)
Xena (Xena: Warrior Princess)
Mystique (X-Men Comics)
New Caprica Three/D'Anna Biers (Battlestar Galactica)
threestories is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #26
improvised

Great story.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #27
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

That's an awesome cosplay, and you pulled it off in style. Looking forward to your plugsuit cosplay as well.

The only thing i'd change about that picture? I'd have you smiling! I bet your smile is as pretty as the rest of you.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #28
Lady_Selena
Cosplay Newbie

Awesome cosplay there!!
You know what people can be so cruel and rude, I wouldn't worry some people make rude comments like that probably can't do it them selfs.
I've only done one cosplay so far in my life, I pulled it off but for my glasses. I was Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach ^.^
I'll say keep doing what you love to do and not worry about what people say online.
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #29
Haunoir
Lurking within.

You are pretty!<3

I don't have a problem with the size of the cosplayer. I think the outfit, wig/hair and how it all comes together is more important than the size.
Haunoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #30
dotingly
princess

You're an inspiration to everybody out there.

You're absolutely beautiful, you know! Thank you so much for sharing this. It seems like it was a long and hard road, but really, thank you so much. Stay beautiful! ;n;
dotingly is offline   Reply With Quote