Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-11-2012, 04:38 AM   #31
Black.Cat-Chan

I just want to say thank you so much for postiong this. I think this is the kind of situation I am afraid of whenever I put on any type of costume. Though your story gives me hope. I've gotten criticism from everyone including my father whenever I start a new costume. Since, well, in my mind I'm smaller than I actually am, both in height and weight, and my designs match that. Which is why most of my designs never seem to get beyond the paper.

Reading this gives me hope that if and when dresses like my Cheshire Cat or Drifloon ones are created in a tangible form I'll be able to wear them with pride regardless of what others think.

I know I'm not the only one to say but your bunny costume is amazing. You look gorgeous. And I swear I saw you at momocon, but I was too nervous to approach you. I can only wish my costumes could look half as good.
Black.Cat-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #32
Hop-along

Thank you for posting this. You're an inspiration
Hop-along is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #33
Devika

Amazing story, you seem to be a wonderful person! And so strong!

I just want to add my two cents here for anyone reading. If anyone taunts you/bashes on you/etc. for your weight, it's not about your weight. How do I know that? I'm a stick!
I know that because I've been on the receiving end of harassment, and people with problems just choose someone to pick on and look for something they can bash. In my case it's been my skin (I'm pale, we live in a tan society) and some other stuff, though mostly my skin. Had I been on the chubby side they would just have called me a fat ghost or something. Had I been in a wheelchair they would have called me a cripple. You get my point So just do what I did, give them a glare and keep on walking. Why please those bastards? And 4chan is just THE place for lowlifes, seriously.

But dang, those bewbies. o.o Wowzers. And your confidence! I would never be able to wear a bunny suit, no matter my weight...

(And haha, the CIA contacted you xD Criminal!)

Alibaba Magi: Labyrinth of Magic
Devika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #34
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Your story is so amazing. I'm so glad you're learning to accept and love yourself the way you are, because you deserve it! You're so gorgeous and have amazing curves. If anime characters were in proper proportion, they would look just like you.
It really does disgust me what some people (especially those on 4chan, who are, quite simply, a bunch of rotten bastards) will say about someone who looks perfectly fine.
You are so amazing and beautiful. Keep up the good work!

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #35
Marraphy

Wow, I checked out your photo gallery, and after reading your first post I was expecting to see some ENORMOUS woman in bunny suit. But dude, you look really good! I wouldn't even really call you fat. You pulled off the cosplay really well, so just keep on sticking with your own advice- ignore the haters!

You had a really nice message too; nobody should feel bad about cosplaying due to their weight. c: Most people who go to cons are very nonjudgmental anyways.
Marraphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #36
Stitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven-Rainbows View Post
Your story made me cry. You are so amazing and I just cant even put it into words. People like you are what keep me going. Im always so self-concious about cosplaying being a size 18-20. But you.. man I wish I could just hug you. Cosplay is about having fun and being somthing you dont get to be everyday. Size does not matter whether you are 100lbs or 300lbs you can pull off a rockin cosplay! Thank you so much for sharing this!
This. ;__;

I'm seriously speechless, you are absolutely beautiful inside and out and seriously just made me cry in front of my brother. T_T

I'm so, so proud of you and in awe, and so touched you shared this with all of us. You have one of the strongest and most beautiful hearts I've ever known and I don't even know you personally. I'm just. I have no words.

I've been in this boat too, my last year of high school was the worst I've ever felt in my life and I lost about 40 pounds in 1-2 months just from starving, from hating life. I tried to kill myself.

It's hard. Anyone who tells you cosplay, for anyone and not just plus size cosplayers, is easy is lying. It sucks sometimes, and hurts, and it's difficult to keep going, but I'm just. I'm so happy you did. You're gorgeous and talented and have inspired so many people on here already to keep on keepin' on, and made me smile so big through a wall of tears.

Thank you so much, you're a total inspiration and I hope I see you at AWA this year so I can be a total creeper and ask to give you a hug for sharing your story with us and being the awesome person you are.
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #37
ZombieKitten304

Fat is the easiest "insult" for knobheads to call a person. It seems to be the go-to put down that takes no thought, no intellect to come up with. The plan and simple fact of the matter is that if you can take the time to put down a complete stranger based on nothing more than appearance then there is something missing in your life. Unfortunately, I have notice an increase in females calling other females fat. I would think that being a girl, they would know just how deep of a wound that word can cause. But it's all about giving themselves that high they seem to get when they put someone down. It's rather sad to think that is what our society has come to.

But I can honestly say that you are not fat. You are smokin hot with a beautiful face and killer body!
ZombieKitten304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 12:51 AM   #38
Kazukii
Nyaa

I- I love this. So much. ; - ;

Thank you for posting.

Commissions @
Anisazi Costuming
Kazukii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #39
Lady Death
The Sarcastic Bunny Queen

I'm borderline overweight and I've been made fun of being fat from 3rd grade up to my final year of high school. Yes, there will always be bullies and they will always find ways to bring you down. The best you can do is show them that you are better than them, which is exactly what you're doing right now.

I'm glad you're at peace with yourself now. Continue being yourself and have fun cosplaying!
Lady Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #40
Megumi_Ai

Thank you for posting this <3 I love your story. I have the same problem about my weight and it sometimes disgusts me to no end. Sometimes when I am looking at other peoples cosplay I get nervous that won't pull it off well. I hope after reading this I can be more confident about it.

TsubasaCon 2012 Cosplays-
Still Choosing
1.Kyubey - Madoka Magica
2. Fluttershy- MLP

Planned

Twilight Sparkle
Kyoko Sakura - Madoka Magica
Manami Tome - Madoka Magica
Sailor Moon.

Megumi_Ai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #41
BishoujoCosplay
~For Love and Justice~

I'm overweight right now...200lbs after having my 2nd child. It was all I could do to go to con this year and not feel like a total pig and be embarrassed of myself, but I put on my Nico Robin and Neo Queen Serenity Cosplays and had a blast!

Kikaisogono...you're a hero to all us "full-figure" cosplayers! -epichugs-
BishoujoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #42
strawberriilove

Wow! Oh my goodness. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your story! You sound so strong and so beautiful! YOU (and your cosplay) are absolutely BEAUTIFUL, despite what the ignorant people may say!

I'm a rather full-figured maid, so I find it so encouraging to hear stories like this! You have helped so many people just by posting this, OP!
strawberriilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #43
TKscz
Mr. Chubby Chaser

I must applaud, for your story is a wonderful one. 4chan makes me sick. The guys who go there are nothing but low lifes who give nerds like me a bad rep.

The issue on weight has also been a tough one for me. I've been skinny most of my life, only recently getting muscular for cos-play reasons (really want to look the part), but, as you can see from my title under my user name, I LOVE plus sized women. They are incredibly beautiful and a plus sized cos-player is always a lovely site to see. It really bugs me when plus sized women, who are confident and strong, get attacked for that reason.

In fact, I get attacked for finding those women beautiful. My, now, ex-girlfriend went to NY comic con with me in 2010, and while most people respected her (cheaply put together) Rogue costume, a group of a-holes made fun of her and me for dating her. I wanted to deck them (the black in me almost went out of it), but I controlled myself and ignored them.
TKscz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #44
Akahime
Red Princess

Thank you for sharing you story. :3 Everyone suffers from cosplaying (and even in non-cospaly) from weight comments. Even the ones caught in the middle like myself because of my weight. I'm not skinny, but I'm not big either. So I feel insecure about it all the time. But with people like you and everyone else on here, :3 it makes me realize and remember that it doesn't matter the size of our body or our race is. :3 And thank you for the reminder! Everyone has their own insecurities and we all just have to help each other out, not make it worst!

Thank you so much again! <3 I shall read this post whenever I do feel down about my own weight or cosplay. :3
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #45
xDaisy

Thank you so much for posting this! You look amazing in that costume, you have a gorgeous figure and I really don't think that you are overweight. I'm sorry to hear about everything that you've gone through, but I am glad that you can share your story and inspire people. It's really great to hear that you are confident and doing well with recovery.
xDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote