Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 07-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #46
Elinu

Wonderful post. I'm happy you took the time to type up all of this. You're a wonderful inspiration to many out there.

On another note, your costume is beautiful and personally I think in the picture you had a beautiful figure as well. People are just really stupid. <3
Elinu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #47
TheCuteZombie

Amazing(:

Seriously... Your cosplay is AMAZING!!

You look so beautiful!

I have huge problems with losing weight and stuff and it was so inspiring to see you rock that bunny suit like a boss! Tell me where did you get that killer confidence??
TheCuteZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #48
Tsukasa Hiiragi
Resident Airhead

Great pics ~ no matter male or female, skinny or plus sized - it doesn't matter as long as you enjoy your hobby and have fun doing it.

~Future Cosplays~
Kaede Fuyou (Shuffle!)
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Misaki Ayuzawa (Maid Sama)

Facebook - Slice of Life Anime Club
My Gaming/Anime Livestream
Tsukasa Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #49
amanokawa_osa

Thank you for sharing ;3; your Asuka is pretty, really. No matter how big a cosplayer, I always adore them when their cosplay is good and well-done.

I totally understand the feeling of being ashamed of our own body. I stopped cosplaying seriously for some years because due to an accident, i had to stay on bed for some months and gained weight about...7 - 10 kilos...
But I think i have to do something about it. I can,t whine all day about my body. I cosplayed again about a month ago (currently I was 5,8' and about 154 pounds) and got the best costume award in the local competition ;A;. I get the conclusion that, no matter how big I am, as long as I can find the most suitable costume, and I worked on it well, the result is as good as the skinny cosplayer ;3;b
Well... but I still want to lost weight tho, at least 30 pounds more so I can cosplay more characters (like Gaara and Aanf xD)

My last cosplay, If you want to see
amanokawa_osa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #50
atemluver
07 Ghost? 07 ghost.

Honestly speaking there is nothing wrong with plus size cosplaying or regular cosplaying as long as YOU are happy with the results and YOU feel comfortable with what your wearing. Everyone is different and everyone has different figures so the best thing anyone can do is chose and outfit that fits you and you feel comfortable with in my opinion. ^^
atemluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #51
ShaylaTheRoo
Animal Husbandry Expert

Like many before me have said, this was a beautiful and inspiring post. We seem to have similar figures, and the pictures of your bunnysuit rock the proverbial socks. ;3

I've been trying to work on my confidence, as my boyfriend has suggested we do Borderlands cosplays within the next year - and he'd like me to work on a Mad Moxxi. Her costume is just more than you'd see on a "sexy ringmaster" Halloween costume, and I feel like I'd be comfortable prancing around in it (with the layers of control garments, I'll be wearing more than some people, ha ha).

Thank you for taking the time to type all of this and tell your story, it's much appreciated to see a story like this instead of people whining about their appearance, or people putting down a cosplayer for not matching their character's figure to a "T."

<3

::WV Pop Culture Con::
-Poison Ivy (Saturday)-
-Lady!Joker (Sunday)-

Read my nerdy rambles!
shaylatheroo.com
ShaylaTheRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #52
tia1106
On the path of the Beam

Thanks for posting this. I'm recovering from an eating disorder myself, so this was really great to hear another person trying to work through these issues and rock a cosplay
I recently came across my first semi-cosplay that I made in college when I was still very sick mentally and about 40lbs thinner. It was really hard to not be able to wear it because I put so much time and love into it, even though it probably looks terrible to all you people with amazing sewing skills, when I sewed mine by hand and it's pinned together in places and all the hems are fraying. But I love it, and wish I could still wear it, and it's hard to try and move on from that place mentally and feel confident as I am now.
So thanks for making me feel less alone in this.
tia1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #53
AliceKirkland96
Bowtie are cool :)

Thank you so so so much for posting this. I'm not the skinniest of people, and it really damages my self esteem when I see that people always comment negatively on thicker-set cosplayers' photos. We cosplay for fun, not for the approval of others. Thank you so much for encouraging me as well as others, it, means so much
AliceKirkland96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #54
ladysuki1289

Let me start off by saying: YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, HONEY! And don't EVER let anyone tell you that otherwise!

I'm 5'2", 150 lbs, thick and delicious and I love it! I was blessed to have a father in my life that told me I was beautiful every single day, and since then I've had extremely high confidence. At one time in my life, I was 130 lbs (which is how much that Body Fat chart says I'm supposed to weigh) and that was because I didn't HAVE money for food. I was so small, when I went home to visit my parents, people asked: "Are you eating right?" And I wasn't. At all. So love you for you; if you want to change who you are, do it because YOU want to change. Don't ever let anyone tell you what to do for YOUR body.

I was a bit worried though, since I'm going to my first con this year, that people would say mean things about me, but I know at the end of the day as long as the two people that matter the most like it, then I'm good. That's ME and my boyfriend, who loves every curve I have.

Good for you, sugar! Stay strong and show 'em that we thick girls won't back down! I can guarentee more guys want to be cuddled up with you than some skinny size -2 chick. Congrats and keep being fiiinnnnneee, Hot Mama!
Unread 08-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #55
Lucida
Ringmaster from Hell

This story is completely motivating! =D Thank you so much for your time to tell us your story.

FB PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucida...95949270449154
Lucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #56
RainingEri

That photo is pure art and you're amazing! I'm not nearly brave enough to show that much skin unless at the beach. I'm working out currently to build my confidence in myself and I hope to some day be able to carry myself like you do, whether I'm at my goal numbers or not! Thank you so much for sharing that story.
RainingEri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #57
Tsukasa Hiiragi
Resident Airhead

I personally wouldn't take anything seriously that comes from 4chan, the whole website really is just full of trolls, many members don't even like anime they just joined because of how notorious the site is.

I'm a newbie plus sized crossplayer (mtf) so my confidence level is very low, not to mention I'm naturally shy so reading posts like this, gives me hope. Keep at it!! And I'll do the same!

~Future Cosplays~
Kaede Fuyou (Shuffle!)
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Misaki Ayuzawa (Maid Sama)

Facebook - Slice of Life Anime Club
My Gaming/Anime Livestream
Tsukasa Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 01:16 AM   #58
Batongirl12
Lampshades.

Oh wow, that's very inspiring <3 This may just give me the confidence to cosplay other characters that I've been wanting to do ^^
Batongirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #59
Lola SetePartis

Thank you for your story.
Lola SetePartis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #60
RukiaBunnyPyon
SHSL Yandere

I am a size 18/20 and this was very inspirational...I struggle with my weight because not only am I Plus Sized I am disabled...I don't really like to cosplay because I fear someone hating the way I portray the character (being in either a wheelchair or on crutches) and being "fat" But I adore seeing other plus size women who can rock their curves. I actually am more curvy than fat but my proportions are weird because of the scoliosis that accompanies my Cerebral Palsy...Not to mention being from a loooow income family and having to pay extra for custom sizing is just depressing...But this thread makes me happy.