Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 02-07-2004, 03:45 PM   #1
rox_my_sox
Kimmington!

have any plans that seem kinda over board?

i was just wondering if anyone had any plans for AN04 that might be a little crazy or obsessive. cuz for some reason when im planning for anime north ive noticed that quite afew of my plans r a little crazy, and it seems like a cant miss a minute of it .
like for one of my plans, now that anime north isnt in the regal constilation anymore i cant just run up to my room to change my costume every few hours anymore, but i still want to have lots of costumes . So i turned the back of my moms mini van into a temperary dressing room. i took out the last set of back seats (i kept the middle ones because i need room for my friend jessica/ and my sisters baby to sit) and theres tinted windows but im putting up small curtains just in case. and im setting up a lil make up table/mirror in there too so i have room to change my costume and a place to do my make up. my friends think that im crazy for doing that, they keep telling me that i could just take the bus back to my hotel room and change therebut i dont want to miss anything!!!
another plan that i think is kinda odd is that im bringing my sisters kid(dustin/1 year and 7 months by AN) and im makeing him a little hamtaro costume to walk around in with me!(hes so cute ) but hes only comming for like a day or 2(friday evening and saturday morning
i hope this year ill remember to eat more often, because last year i ate like 2 times the hole weekend cuz there was always something going on that i just had to go to!and i hope to get enough sleep
does anyone have any odd plans like some of mine that maybe be a little crazy or obbsessive, cuz id love to hear about them
rox_my_sox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2004, 11:53 AM   #2
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I think most of us have plans that are too big for us. *lol*

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2004, 12:23 PM   #3
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Yeah. I've got two pretty detailed costumes for AN, and I'm a bit worried they won't get done. ^_^; But I'm optimstic!! ...for now. x_X

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2004, 01:08 PM   #4
JustinCredible
FunPloyee Of The Year!

I still haven't bought my scooter... and the San Diego in Shopper's World that were selling them (for $10) closed down...

I must ponder...
Unread 02-08-2004, 01:38 PM   #5
Kisa

I have two Masq. costumes for two seperate groups... and I'm outfitting five people in matching Uniforms, as well as my own costumes.
Unread 02-09-2004, 12:24 AM   #6
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

I've got Big Plans, (or do Big Plans have me?) , and it's making me very poor. *moths fly out of pocket*, and I keep falling in the trap of trying to do everything myself. On the bright side, I'm working on them with a group of awsomely dedicated and talented people, and I know we're going to have a hell of alot of fun with this thing! I'm very excited about it, I hope we make some jaws drop!

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2004, 07:56 AM   #7
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

You know I do, because its me.
And I'm just one of those random:

"Lets pick something that will truly drive me insane, make me poor and startle the hell out of people!"

Kind of crazy girl.

Cho's Wig Commissions - Click here for information, examples and a free quote!
Chosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2004, 05:11 AM   #8
heki-chan
SMA-Cosplay
Board Moderator

We've got lotsa big big plans. Small changes, but my sister solved my dilemma for me tonight with her BRAIN POWER!! So yes! EHEHHE AN plans are re-finalized and construction resumes this week ^____^

im really excited to see everyone's crazy big plans come to life *bubbles*
heki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2004, 05:13 AM   #9
Infini
~

Car cosplaying! That's overboard, right?

I had a plan (not for AN04, but sometime) to make my car ('87 RX-7) look like the white FC in Initial D. I know someone in the US made their car to be like the AE86, which gave me the idea. The only problem is that it would cost an absolute fortune.

All I need is an engine, some paint, and a few stickers...

Added a pic for those who aren't familiar with the car/series.
Infini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2004, 05:56 AM   #10
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini
Car cosplaying! That's overboard, right?

I had a plan (not for AN04, but sometime) to make my car ('87 RX-7) look like the white FC in Initial D. I know someone in the US made their car to be like the AE86, which gave me the idea. The only problem is that it would cost an absolute fortune.

All I need is an engine, some paint, and a few stickers...

Added a pic for those who aren't familiar with the car/series.
O_O Do you mean an *actual* car or one of those one person mini cars like the one I think Eurobeat King has?

[Kia's 2012 Convention Season:]
[Con-G - Ad Astra 31 - Anime North - Polaris 26]

[Planned costumes for 2012:]
[NEW: Suki/Lily/Mime]
[TO FINISH: Sakura/Ayumi
]
Kia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2004, 05:57 AM   #11
xiola
turquoise teaparty

... >_<... i'm TRYING to be reasonable this year. realistic and all that, you know?

but yet i still somehow have 5 cons to go to and one or more new costumes for each of them. and you know how very lazy and mostly-broke i am! that doesnt' work! :P dammit! *cries* :P
xiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #12
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

*comforts xiola*
*hands tissue*

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2004, 12:40 AM   #13
Takuma-san
Cosplays uncomfortably

Not doing Matamune anymore (ghost cat), but rather Doraemon (android cat). But that's not the overboard part. I'm going to need to take Yoga for a few months in order to fit into my current costume design. I have to bend my legs back, tie my lower legs to my upper legs, and walk around on my knees. This will reduce my costume by half a meter in height and make it easier to build, which is important considering the time constraints this year (this is like the first time I've check this board since X-mas). I just hope I don't pop a knee cap and cripple myself or something.
Unread 02-12-2004, 03:27 AM   #14
Infini
~

Actual car.

I was planning on making a racing car eventually, and I thought that making it an Initial D theme would be interesting at both the track and for driving to conventions. At at Anime Expo in 2002 (I think) there was an AE86 on display identical to the one from initial D.

I already have an RX-7, so when it eventually needs repainted I'll convert everything to look like the FC in the series.

Got a pic of the Trueno from AX.

-Infini
Infini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2004, 08:21 AM   #15
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

Takuma-San: Wow! I LOVE Doraemon, and it will be cool to see one so close to the actual design!
I know what you mean by the knee thing, I can do it. But no longer then a few minutes, it would be a real challenge to walk around like that all day!

Prepare to be glomped.

Cho's Wig Commissions - Click here for information, examples and a free quote!
Chosuke is offline   Reply With Quote