Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:55 AM   #46
harudae
TOKUSENTAI

If 2 hours are going to be booked again, I think 4pm sounds good. c: I just hope it's not gonna be extremely hot outside at that time like last year; was really uncomfortable with the heat, little space and amount of people (at least for me and some friends). It can't be controlled but fingers crossed!
So far, I'm between timeskip!Chopper or Luffy's Z's Ambition filler outfit. I haven't cosplayed him in awhile and have yet to wear the wig I got for him at a con yet. c':

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinosama View Post
I usually do Nami but I'm seriously considering Baby 5... for those of you who don't know who that is...READ THE MANGA! lmao <3
(Not the official colours but probably close enough http://shannaro.files.wordpress.com/...88-d5o60wv.png)
It's be really awesome if you decide to cosplay her, I'd love to see it! c:
She's definitely on my cosplay list as well, but I don't think I have the skill set (or budget) for the weapons right now. "orz

@Scathefir3 Saw it on the fb group, but aweee it's so adorable. ;--; I look forward to the finished cosplay!
Yamuraiha - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Maybe? Aoi Asahina - Dangan Ronpa

Last edited by harudae : 01-30-2013 at 01:04 PM.
harudae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #47
infernochakram
Love-Cook

KEIMI-CHUUAN!!!!!! Can i do the music please?
infernochakram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #48
TJRapper

Well seeing as how last year was my first year at AN, i dont know how much advice i can offer, but I'd say the time was perfectly fine. In terms of an area, we could try the area where the Fairy Tail/League of Legends shoots were last year (On the grassy area as you enter into the TCC basically). It seemed pretty large and it gives us more space to spread out without blocking off a huge chunk of the parking lot.

As for my costume, me and my friend are coming as timeskip Eustass Kid and Killer. His mask is done (got it commissioned because there was no way i was trying to make that) and i should get it in a couple days so i can post some pictures on the Facebook group. I'm starting construction on my arm for Eustass Kid (people who read the manga will know what i mean) this week and can hopefully have it done by the end of February. Cant wait for the convention this year and to see all you guys in awesome One Piece costumes. Also hopefully this year I get a little more interest in my costume then last year
TJRapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #49
Yukinosama
aka Rhikara

I think 4pm is good because, like you said before Karitsa, we don't get hungry in the middle of the shoot and have people wander away in search of food XD
We DEFINITELY need to change the location! The only places I can think of are the parking lot outside the TCC or, like TJRapper suggested, the grassy area where the TCC sign is. I'm more in favour of the grassy area just because we'll be more noticeable to people. If we're at the side of the TCC where the parking lot is, only people entering or exiting the TCC will see us. That's my opinion
-
Yukinosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #50
xxnamisanxx
Namisan

Oh ill be coming as time skip tashigi! (I would have posted earlier but I was swamped with work n stuff)
Also 4 would be better for time. And I'm assuming the grassy area is the large one behind where we where last year right?
Zelos- ToS

Last edited by xxnamisanxx : 02-15-2013 at 01:36 PM.
xxnamisanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #51
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

These are the current beta locations - I expect them all to clear but there may be changes. Still waiting on confirmation.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #52
Yukinosama
aka Rhikara

Thanks for the map DireKitty!! Wow...things really got switched around this year (DT3 is really out there.. I wonder if people will actually go there)
So the place I was referring to is, more or less, TCC3. It seems they've removed the parking lot near the TCC as an option so I think the grass areas is our best, and only, option right now...
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #53
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

The DT suggested it as a possible spot.

People were asking for a more 'secluded' spot that wasn't too far and wouldn't have a ton of people in the background of every picture. Its easy to get to and huge. From the TCC you just follow that road and from the DT you just leave from the back.

It's not actually far at all. About 7 min walking time from the TCC (more if you go through the DT) - so less time than going to the Sheraton. It's just at the back of the DT's parking spaces.

I will be asking for location/date/time from the big groups this weekend.

Anime North Reddit Community

Last edited by DireKitty : 02-19-2013 at 06:57 PM.
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #54
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

OK! It's time to solidify things, especially since the photoshoot list was posted today. I'd like to secure our time slot and make sure this happens when and where we'd like it to!

After reading posts in this thread and discussing options with some photoshoot regulars and my first-mate, Yukinosama, we've decided on the following:

TIME: Saturday from 4PM-6PM

This is the large grassy area in front of the TCC near the sign, where the Fairy Tale photoshoot was held last year.

EVENTS: Singing the shorter, made-for-television version of WE ARE at the end of the shoot.
infernochakram will be in charge of the music, so please make sure you have this song for us! Thanks, Sanji-chin~

Just on a side note, unfortunately, I don't think I can keep up with a character list. I don't have time to go through every post right now, especially when people are changing their minds. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that - it's just hard to keep up with, hehe! If you guys REEEEEEEEEALLY want a character list, I'll do it, but if no one minds, I'd rather not. Let me know, hehe! X3

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and submit our photoshoot info and reserve our spot. Thanks for your input! I hope everyone will be satisfied with this new location.

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE

Last edited by Karitsa : 02-28-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #55
Kireikage
Rizu Zeto

TCC3 and 4-6 are perfect for me, so I'm fine with it ^^ Now I just have to try and memorize the lyrics to We Are! (Well that and finish my cosplay XP)

Teen Titans - Jinx
Homestuck - The Disciple
Homestuck - God Tier feferi
Gintama - Tsukuyo
Bravely Default - Agnes (Maybe)
Kireikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #56
Yukinosama
aka Rhikara

Keimi-chan! If people really want a character list, I can do it since I have tons more time than you do at the moment lol <3
Unread 02-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #57
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireikage View Post
TCC3 and 4-6 are perfect for me, so I'm fine with it ^^ Now I just have to try and memorize the lyrics to We Are! (Well that and finish my cosplay XP)
Awesome, haha! Keep at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinosama View Post
Keimi-chan! If people really want a character list, I can do it since I have tons more time than you do at the moment lol <3
That would be awesoooooome! I knew you were my first-mate for a reason, haha! XD

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #58
Yukinosama
aka Rhikara

That's me!! Numero duo! haha ;P
I'll make the list on the first page, just below your first post
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #59
siuxsiu
The Bottomless Pit

Hey y'all! I'm going to be reppin' my girl Jewelry Bonney on Saturday! Can't wait to finally be able to particpate in the OP photoshoot :'D

Coming Attractions:
Panne (Fire Emblem: Awakening) | 0%
F!Makoto (FREE!) | 0%
siuxsiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #60
LordJecks
A Mystery Even toThe Gods

@Yukinosama We'll be coming as Toddler Luffy / Dragon / Garp and shall see you at the con

-Drizzt Do'Urden
LordJecks is offline   Reply With Quote