Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 07-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
ssoldiersaturn
Princess of Saturn

Help with Midna

I've done lots of research on this and I am still not getting a good answer. Can anyone answer these for me?
  • white or black body suit? I've seen the youtube video that says to use white over black but then I've seen people complain how the black looks terrible painted?
  • How do you spray paint on a person? I mean really? Do you go outside in an open field? How do you cover your skin like your head? I've seen people say for Midna's costume to use spray paint on it and it works but how is this done? I've used google and got nothing about the subject...
ssoldiersaturn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

I know the answer to the second question. You don't spray paint a person that is very dangerous and most spray paints are toxic X_X You have to use body paints..they are made to be on the skin and are safe. If you are wearing a bodysuit then fabric paint should work on it..>> but please dont spray paint yourself..

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
ssoldiersaturn
Princess of Saturn

haha I'm not which is why I asked here. I figured 'spray paint' wasn't real paint and I've seen spray fabric paint? Is body paint what they are actually using though? Why doesn't anyone say what paint they are actually using?
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

I guess it's mostly because people kind of assume when people paint their body it's body paint. >.> Whatever the case, again, never ever use any type of real paint on your body. That's incredibly toxic; even if it says non-toxic, it's toxic. When they say they're using a spray paint for Mdina, they probably mean on the body suit... either that, or they did someohow manage to put their body paint in a spray can and do it. But I really don't know how as my knowledge on the subject is limited.

As for body paint, it's more makeup than actual paint. Again, I honestly don't know much about it. Ben Nye, I hear, makes a really good body paint. If you want some really good advice on the subject, you might want to ask the people who do Homestuck troll cosplays.

Concerning a body suit, both colors have their downsides. A white bodysuit, the black may come out badly, but at the same time it's way harder to paint white on black than it is black on white. But again, people might have spray painted their body suits, putting stenciling down on appropriate places. The spray coverage probably handles paining on either color better than hand painting.
Kenshin 2.0 (Rurouni Kenshin) - 0%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
ssoldiersaturn
Princess of Saturn

Ok, to make things clear, no actual body parts was ever getting spray paint on it, I know better. ^_^* I am referring to what they are using on the bodysuits/zentai/morphsuits, what do midna cosplayers use on the them? And what color was best for starting with?

Aleze Midna said she used Rustolium on her suit...which is actual spray paint and why I was wondering if others have done this and to know if this was correct or is there other things that are working better? Craft paint was another suggestion for the suit.

Thank you Reily96 for the body paint suggestion.