Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 07-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

LoZ:OoT Sheik Cosplay

So I am debuting my LoZ:OoT Sheik cosplay at a convention this weekend and I was asked to be in a DeathMatch in which two characters are brought on stage and the crowd picks who wins by cheering. The winning character then fights and kills the losing character. So needless to say I needed some weapons to fight with and since OoT Sheik has none I sort of used my creative mind and came up with some.
I took a foamy pirate sword and cut it down to be a bit smaller and the blade is curved (like think of short middle easternish ninja sword) painted the handle gold, added the Sheikah symbol, and added fake red gems. I also made some needles out of pipe cleaners, and a back mounting pouch for the sword and some of the needles, other needles are tucked into the arm bandages.
I know these aren't canon weapons, but do you think that it was a good idea? *Just to clearify it wasn't until after I made these that someone told me Sheik in Super Smach Brothers has a small back mounted sword, but looking at the pictures it doens't match what I have at all. -_-*

~2015 Convention Schedule~
Anime Boston, Boston MA
CTcon, Hartford CT
Another Anime Con, Manchester NH

Open for Commissions!!

Last edited by Ends Beginning : 07-09-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Ends Beginning is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Painapurru
Tries to be Helpful

Your choices seem like they will do fine... Though as you mentioned the wakazahi that sheik has in the Brawl design (which is also there in Impa's official art for OoT) would have been my first choice as far a weapon props.
Painapurru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

Yeah that didn't hit me until one of my friends who plays brawl pointed it out. I legit facepalmed. I'd make it, but I simply don't have time to start it now and ahve it ready for this weekend. @.@

Anime Boston, Boston MA
CTcon, Hartford CT

Open for Commissions!!
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
Painapurru
Tries to be Helpful

Since this is only for the death match thing and no one really cares about these props perhaps you could get a cheap samurai toy sword thing (they've definitely got them in toy stores) and just cut it down to size.
Painapurru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

Maybe I'll have to see what I can find. The stores aroun my home consist of Walmart and Target so it might be slim pickins or I''ll ahve to drive to Toys-r-us or the halloween store thats open year round, but their both about an hours drive away. I'm not to worried about I was just concerned if my choices were good enough.

Anime Boston, Boston MA
CTcon, Hartford CT

Open for Commissions!!