Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 07-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Izumiayaka

Chocolina XIII-2 Feather help?

I've been researching into this cosplay for a while as it seems like a really fun one to do.

The main issue i was having was that I do know how to properly support her feathers at the back. I want them to be as true to original length as poss so I am planning on sticking quite a few to each other. I was thinking of supporting the long solo feathers with wire but it'd show up very easily and I'd prefer not to have that showing.

The smaller feather flats at the bottom I was planning on attaching to some thick card/chicken wire but I have nowhere to hide a support under clothing as it's very tight and revealing.

If anyone has any suggestions for these I'd be very appreciative!

Also thinking of using sock glue to attach the fabric to my body, do you think that this would be the easiest way of doing it and would it get good results?

Thanks in advance for any help! ;w;
Izumiayaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

One idea that came to mind is using wire in the shorts, wrapped around (or half way around) your uppers legs to support the tail feathers... Kinda similar idea like this wing tutorial, where the wire was inserted into a bodice to support the wings: http://jiajem.com/tutorials/wings/
I can see it being possible... and even comfortable too depending on what fabric you used to sew the wire in. But as for still looking tight fitting after that, I am not entirely sure.... Cause you'll probably need quite a few layers of fabric, to make sure there is no seam on the other side of your shorts. OR, you just wear another pair of shorts just like chocolina's and have the wire inserted into that one, while the other shorts hide the 'wired' ones over top of it...But ya.. that's the only idea that came to my silly mind anyway, that could possibly work haha... Other than that, go Final Fantasy for being not being realistic in your character designs in real life... Haha.. xD

I have never heard of sock glue before! But I'd say if it works and doesn't hurt you, use it.

Last edited by Liliana : 07-17-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: more info added
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
Izumiayaka

Thank you for the suggestions! :3 I've ordered my materials now, hopefully I'll be able to get it finished in time for the convention I'm heading to in just over 2 weeks, why must I leave everything to the last minute! ;___;
Izumiayaka is offline   Reply With Quote