Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Marvel Universe

Unread 07-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Aqueoua
Costume Addict

Lila Cheney/Cannonball help

Hello!

I am in the midst of talking my boyfriend into a doing a cosplay with me. I'm going with Lila Cheney and Cannonball because my hair is already going to be styled that way so it saves me a wig. He is incredibly tall, so I thought either Cyclops or Cannonball would be a good fit. But he is going nowhere near a full body suit, so I was hoping for some advice regarding a Cannonball costume that is composed of fitted pants and a shirt, which maybe a jacket over it.

I want to avoid his New Mutants costume and was thinking more along the lines of either X-Force or the grey suit with the red goggles.

Opinions/Advice? I also have no idea where to start in terms of adaptable ready-made clothing that would work for a superhero costume for a guy.

Also, plenty of time for this one, so no deadline yet.
Aqueoua is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
FeyMeggan

This is why I love uncannyxmen.net, their spotlight pages give you a good break down of costumes. Here's Sam's costume gallery from there, you might be able to talk him into #9(it's varients) or #10, possibly #13?

I think, if you're going for ready made 9 or 10 would be easiest to assemble. It's pretty much leather pants, a shirt and a jacket/vest; the jacket/vest being the only thing you'd really have to modify too much. Well, and the boots, but still....

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
Aqueoua
Costume Addict

Thank you so much, FeyMeggan! I was going cross-eyed from looking at the gallery on Comicvine. I know he isn't a main character in X-men, but damn if it isn't difficult to find good pictures of his costumes.

Muchly appreciated!
Aqueoua is offline   Reply With Quote