Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Unread 02-02-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
sandra03

steampunk poison ivy

Hi all. planning to do steampunk Poison Ivy for a con in May. my PIC is doing steampunk Catwoman.
I decided to go with more muted greens, so I ordered this corset (I know it's a cheap crummy quality one but I'm trying to keep the budget low, and the cheap crummy ebay ones have worked well for me in the past)
http://pubimg.onlytss.com/upload/8560/NTQ2NjAz.jpg

Right now I'm struggling to decide what style of skirt I want, what kind of fabric, what colour, and finding a good pattern or tutorial. I am thinking a high-low skirt hitched up in the front, maybe with a ruffled hem? but I can't find a good tut, everything I've found that is similar looks too burlesque-ish and not steampunk enough. I can't decide if i should do a bustle or not, right now I'm leaning towards not but then I see some nice ones that look easy to make... I can't picture it all together though. Any suggestions, links to tutorials or patterns or even skirts for purchase would be awesome. I did eventually find one pattern I could settle for but the pattern itself costs as much as just buying a skirt, so i'm hesitating on it since it's just ok. if i were like "yaasssss this is the one!" then i would be ok with spending the extra money but.. meh.

accessories-wise I'm making an antique-looking poison sprayer with a bubbler, hopefully some form of gasmask if I can settle on a style I like, and I'm debating if a mini tophat and goggles would be too much or if I should do one or the other. I'm going wigless, I'm going to dye my hair orange-red and curl it. I have a quarter shaved style, I think it will punk up the look nicely.
sandra03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread Today, 01:29 PM   #2
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

I love the corset, the pattern is perfect for Poison Ivy. As for the skirt, I made the blue drape or apron skirt for my summer elsa. It's just simple rectangles. I'm not sure if this is look you're going for. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/490164/

With Steampunk the accessories and details help make it. I'm currently working on a Steampunk pioneer woman. Good luck.

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote