Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Unread 11-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #1
Etherean

How to make a comic character steampunk.

So I'm planning on going to MTAC next year and really wanna make a Steampunk version of Mistress Death from Deadpool but I have absolutely no references. I've never seen a picture of someone else doing this cosplay (which I must say is part of the reason I'm so into making it) I'm really not sure exactly how to do it because she wears a cloak and I'm not sure whether I should keep it or go with a mini top hat instead?
Etherean is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2014, 09:30 PM   #2
Emmejo

Based on your ref picture, since I don't know the character, I think I'd make a hoodless cloak and add a hat. The bodice is quite steampunk as is (particularly the darker, punkier side of steampunk), maybe adding an underbust corset or swiss waist/waspie. Moving the decorations on the skirt strips to a hip-slung utility belt might work well, or even, to keep the pattern, a pair of criss-crossed belts reaching from each hip around to the other thigh? It's a little punk, with an echo of bondage clothing, but I think in the right material, and grunged up a bit, it could fit the steam as well.

Masks are pretty popular in steampunk as well, so maybe doing that instead of facepaint?
Emmejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2014, 10:13 AM   #3
Etherean

Thank you for the tips! I'd still like to go with the Day of the Dead facepaint but I was thinking of making the circles around the eyes cog shaped and some other changes to make it look more steampunk. ^_^
Etherean is offline   Reply With Quote