Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details

Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 07-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #1
`Difficile
Cosplay Photographer

Arrow CHEZPHOTO at Otakon! Now Booking Private Shoots!

ChezPhoto @ Otakon 2012 – Cosplay Photography
*PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST* Thank you!

Hello! ChezPhoto here. [Reposting this on my older account because I made a new one for this purpose but the post didn't go through.] Otakon 2012 will be my first Otakon, and needless to say, I am very excited! I’ve had great experiences photographing cosplayers and I’ve had pleased clients in the past four years in cosplay photography, at conventions in New England, mainly Anime Boston. I'm headed down to Otakon and to say the least, I am quite interested in collaborating with all the creative masterminds abound at this con! I look forward to meeting you all! Please, read on, and read carefully.

If you would like to see my portfolio, which I would suggest, it is here: ChezPhoto. I am an award-winning portrait/fashion photographer from Boston. My rate for Anime Conventions is VERY special, as I am a cosplayer myself and I know it’s hard to spend so much money on making/buying a costume and then paying a lot for a shoot.

READ ME MOST IMPORTANTLY:
As much as I wish I could say I spend the money I make for this on fun, I don't; I have rent to pay while in college and groceries to buy as I don't live on campus. Therefore, my time I allot is very important and I take my work very seriously. I expect as much understanding from my clients as I give them, which means serious inquiries only. I didnt use to have this shpeel in my posts, but Animazement had several negative experiences involving no-shows and a lot of standing outside in the blistering NC sun waiting for no one to show up and to not be contacted. That, to me, is not only rude...but straight-up mean. I would never do that to anyone. Therefore, please, only contact me if you are 101% sure you will show up. Thank you.

My rate is $40 an hour plus an extra $5 per extra person. (So, if it’s just you, it will be $40 for your hour. But if it’s a party of 5, it will be $60 split among 5 people, which is essentially $12 per person split among the group. A great rate, I’d say, as my work does not disappoint and my usual rate ranges from $100-200+ an hour depending on the assignment.)

Here are my available times for Otakon 2012! To ensure a slot, you MUST email me at chezphotocosplay@yahoo.com (posting in the forum does NOT guarantee you a slot!! Email please!)

CURRENT SLOTS (get em while they're hot!)

Friday:
10am:TAKEN-Axel from Kingdom Hearts
11:30pm: OPEN
1pm: TAKEN-Anissina Karbelnikoff with Elizabeth
2:30pm: OPEN

Saturday:
1pm: OPEN
3pm: OPEN
4:30pm: OPEN
6pm: OPEN

Sunday:

10am: OPEN, ANY, email me with a time!

In your email, please include the following:
Time
Amount of people
Character(s)
Series
Photo of your cosplay/WIP/etc
(this is to ensure that you are a serious potential client and not someone who is wishy-washy or unsure--I need to know your costume exists so I can feel confident you will show up)
Phone number to best reach you during the con
(I will only use it before the shoot if I cannot find you. You will also have my number.)

I will get back to you promptly upon receiving the email.

Now for some questions you might have.

How long will it take for me to get my photos after the shoot?
Please allow 3-5 days after the convention ends for time it takes to upload the photos. You will receive the photos in a link to the Dropbox containing all photos from the shoot. If you aren't familiar with DropBox, worry not--it's painless, easy and free.

When do I pay you?
In cash, at the beginning of the shoot. Checks are not accepted.

Where will we go to shoot?
Within the block of the con, around, by the con, or if you have an idea, please suggest - just remember, any time it takes to get there is time taken from your block. I'm a very adventurous photographer, so climbing things and going crazy places are my forte. However, I will not trespass and I will make the best of our setting -I understand cons are not ideal for shooting cosplay, but we'll work around that.

What if I am late?
I'm sorry to say that if you are more than 15 minutes late to the shoot WITHOUT CONTACTING ME PRIOR, I will have to cancel it, as the time frames between shoots are tight and I only allow myself a short break most of the time. If you contact me and are late, your rate will not be discounted, as I could've used that slot for someone to show up on time for their full hour. I will still do my absolute best to get good photos in for the time you have.

Will you edit the pictures in photoshop?

There is no guarantee, but I may edit a few if I like, and I will always send you edited work so you may see it. All photos are watermarked with my logo.

How will I find you at the con?

You will have my number and I will have yours to contact you.

Now, here's your job if you're interested!

1) EMAIL ME reserving your spot. If you post in the forum it will not have priority.
2) If you're familiar with Animazement, and you have location shots in mind, let me know. I will investigate.
3) Once your reservation is confirmed, I'll update it here.
4) Don't flake out, because I sure won't!

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions, let me know!

Last edited by `Difficile : 07-16-2012 at 05:29 PM.
`Difficile is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
`Difficile
Cosplay Photographer

Two slots taken~
Unread 07-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
StripperANBU
Cynical Nice Guy...

i sent you an email from doubleAcosplay.

ANBU:Not just cosplay...Its our way of life
StripperANBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
`Difficile
Cosplay Photographer

Sweet, thank you!
Unread 07-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
ShibaAyame
Little Painter Girl

Sent you an email from cmfarling!
ShibaAyame is offline   Reply With Quote