Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 06-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Fairypiranha
Evil Midget of Doom

Buffy Meetup

Hey Y'all!

So on Sunday I'm gonna be dressing up as a cheerleader buffy that is more post apocalyptic. I'm wondering if anyone wants to meet up and maybe do a quick photoshoot? It wouldn't be fancy just some pictures, maybe more like if it was taken with what was left in Sunnydale.
Fairypiranha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Darn! Haven't done any Buffy costumes yet. :< But I do wish you luck and want to see any and all Buffy costumes that show up.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Fairypiranha
Evil Midget of Doom

Thanks! You should do one next year! She's a fun character
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
Katala

I'm doing Dru this year but I don't know when as it depends on con schedule - her white dress. And Cordy Thurs or Monday with Angel Investigations.

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Katala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Fairypiranha
Evil Midget of Doom

I wish I could be there to get some pics with your Cordy my mom would die. But unfortunately I'm still in high school and its not within my power :P But I'd love to get one with Dru, maybe fighting?
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Katala

Since I just got fabric for princess Cordy I may do her on a main day - my Drug is from the first episodes when she is weak

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
Fairypiranha
Evil Midget of Doom

You would seriously make my life if I could get a pic with Cordy, she is my mom's have character and it would make her so happy I am excited at the prospect!
Unread 07-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
sunnydale_pet

I'll be bringing some version of Buffy along with me - either her white dress from when she faces the Master, or her outfit from Dracula, or possibly the BuffyBot. Hope to see lots of Buffy costumes!
sunnydale_pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
DaniiChan
something clever.

I'll be wearing Illyria on Friday
DaniiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #10
supermuffingirl

You will be happy to know that there is a very large BTVS/Angel group photo planned, probably on Friday daytime, possibly coinciding with the first big Buffy panel that day. We have almost every major character represented.
Additionally, we have a BTVS group planned for the parade.
So there will be no shortage of costumes
My husband & I will be returning with our Spike & Drusilla costumes.
supermuffingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
GodKing_Jedi

I might be interested in this....I'm leaning towards not bringing my full Illyria body-armour costume this time 'round (just because it's my first D*C and, hence, first time ever in Atlanta so I'm unsure just how much I could well end up broiling in that head-to-toe attire? Though I've done it twice for SDCC, and survived well enough, granted.... ) but, ironically, I actually had a bit of a D*C-and-Illyria-related dream last night - brought on in part by watching certain scenes, true enough, but even so it did get me to pondering....

I've put together replicas of a number of Fred/Illyria-as-Fred's outfits from the latter half of the season there, and do have her "Shells" one (including finding the exact skirt on eBay - phew, how happy that find made me! ) along with a labcoat and even a Feigenbaum, at that....so now I'm kind of dithering back and forth as to ....myabe whether to bring all that, and go as newborn "Shells" Illyria? Would there potentially be any room for that in the photoshoot-age? Just thought I'd ask, as I sit here still happily planning and pondering away....
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #12
Katala

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKing_Jedi View Post
I might be interested in this....I'm leaning towards not bringing my full Illyria body-armour costume this time 'round (just because it's my first D*C and, hence, first time ever in Atlanta so I'm unsure just how much I could well end up broiling in that head-to-toe attire? Though I've done it twice for SDCC, and survived well enough, granted.... ) but, ironically, I actually had a bit of a D*C-and-Illyria-related dream last night - brought on in part by watching certain scenes, true enough, but even so it did get me to pondering....

I've put together replicas of a number of Fred/Illyria-as-Fred's outfits from the latter half of the season there, and do have her "Shells" one (including finding the exact skirt on eBay - phew, how happy that find made me! ) along with a labcoat and even a Feigenbaum, at that....so now I'm kind of dithering back and forth as to ....myabe whether to bring all that, and go as newborn "Shells" Illyria? Would there potentially be any room for that in the photoshoot-age? Just thought I'd ask, as I sit here still happily planning and pondering away....
Is that where Fred turn into Illyria? I wanted to do that sometime as I've been told I look talk and act like Fred only I don't know when to shut it off and even carry her conversations past where she stop to explain it and no one ever gets it anyway but I just love quantum physics so much. And I really don't know how to be recognized as her in reg clothes.

So this time Cordy and Dru.

Costumes:
Unread 07-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katala View Post
Is that where Fred turn into Illyria? I wanted to do that sometime as I've been told I look talk and act like Fred only I don't know when to shut it off and even carry her conversations past where she stop to explain it and no one ever gets it anyway but I just love quantum physics so much. And I really don't know how to be recognized as her in reg clothes.

So this time Cordy and Dru.
Well, it's "A Hole in the World" where she actually does the slow, torturous turning into Illyria, but "Shells" when she really comes into her own full flourish, and then some. I've done the end-AHITW/beginning-of-"Shells" look for a small impromptu photoshoot before (along with re-enacting the scene-age, which is always tremendous fun and all kinds of invigorating!) and 'twas quite effective, actually.

I've not yet done the pre-armour Illyria-fied look at a con, though, which is why I thought I would broach it as a notion....why I was, admittedly, pondering it. (I've been told I look like her too, actually; it's one of these things where once I start acting like Fred, and especially when I'm into Illyria, I too can't seem to turn it off - LOL!) Of course, though, all that being said, I will admit to still being rather tempted to tote along the bodysuit armour anyway (always looking for any and all opportunities to trot that one out - not nearly enough days in the year, I swear!)....and I say this not yet knowing just how much room my Callisto will end up taking in my luggage, ack! Okay, someone tell me....would I *truly* just totally broil away in the Atlanta heat and mugginess - in head-to-toe leather body armour like that? I mean, really. *droll expression*

And, yes, I surely do loves me some quantum physics too....heck, back in the day I read "A Brief History of Time" just for fun! (and could my friends have been any more perplexed? LOL!)
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #14
Katala

I got Leta for the Greek shoot based on wonder woman's Circe. My finance say I am Fred cause even though I'm an archaeologist and history professor I never shut up about physics and sound like her when I go on about it but she learns when to stop talking I never have.

Costumes:
Unread 07-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #15
Katala

I was thinking of her pylea outfit sometime but am doing Cordy white dress pylea instead and he is having a challenge flag.

Costumes: