Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Mabasploom

Cosplay idea, need feedback

So I have begun the planning stages of my first big Cosplay idea for SDCC next year (or perhaps another Con if I get it done sooner.) The idea was to do Atomic Skull from DC Comics.

Reference Pic:
Atomic Skull

However, after going to SDCC this year and seeing an entire group of Steampunk Justice League Cosplayers, the idea popped into my head to try and do a Steampunk version of the above costume. My idea is this:

I would use this mask or something similar
Skull Mask
The mask would then be painted green (obviously)

I was thinking about building the chest piece to look almost like one of the brass diving suit chest pieces, with perhaps some gears and pressure valves / tubes built in. The Chest Piece would also have a very tall collar piece, which would hopefully hide the black cloth around the bottom of the mask. Inside the collar would be a bunch of side facing ultra bright green LED lights that would be shining up towards the skull, hopefully making the mask glow, while keep the black cloth underneath very dull. This will hopefully give the head somewhat of a floating look. The power supply for the LEDs would be hidden in a small back unit built into the chest piece.

For the rest of the costume I was thinking somewhat of a outlaw look. Vest over white shirt with rolled up sleeves. Possibly some sort of Steampunk style contraption with tubes and gears that runs down one of my arms into a large, brass looking wrist piece. Black pants with tall boots.

Any thoughts on this? Is it something I should even attempt? Any ideas for changes to the design?
Mabasploom is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

That would be expensive, but awesome.

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Back in the 90's there was an indy comic company called Techno Comics. They had Mike Hammer, Primmortals, and Mr. Hero. He is the first thing to pop into my head when I read your idea.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Hero_the_Newmatic_Man The second idea was to look at some of the Girl Genius art and original Wizard of Oz art.