Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 12-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
Chikkijet
I am a Woman-Child :P

Princess Hilda Accessories Thread

Hi guys, since it seems Hilda is getting more popular I figured it might be good to start a thread about her accessories other than her dress.

I've pretty much decided to attempt a Hilda cosplay for April next year, and to try my hand at sewing the dress, but I'll get to that later.

Couple of things I'm trying to work out- her hair. It looks as though it is longer, and more tapered than Zelda's in ALBW. From the screenshots it looks more "textured" and it's definitely uneven in the back, coming down to a point, unlike Zelda's blunt cut. However, Hilda's "bangs" (if you can call them that- side pieces??) are definitely longer than Zeldas and appear to even be wavy.

So, am I better off to get a wavy wig and straighten the back, or get a straight wig and try to put a wave in the front (something I haven't seemed to be able to do with my LttP Zelda wig to get the bangs to curl)

I guessed it's easier to straighten a wig than to put a wave in it, but since I've not straightened a wig before I'm not sure....

And secondly, what exactly is the colour of the ribbon/stripe on Hilda's hem? In the concept art I thought it was red but have seen everything from a pink to a maroon/burgundy.... makes sense it is pink since Zelda's is blue, but......

Anyways, I guess the wig is the main thing I am trying to work out since right now I am in China and have the chance to buy one cheaply...

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Chikkijet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Swiftstart

I have yet to find a wig I like for Hilda (that shade of purple is elusive!), but I would probably get a basic long purple wig with a middle part and then wave/curl the front strands, which is probably easier than de-waving an entire wig. esp. since I think straightening means getting the wig wet (not positive) which would mean the front strands would probably get hit :/

And as for her dress stripe, I think it's pink :3
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:07 AM   #3
Chikkijet

Okay, thanks!!! I did find the perfect purple wig but it already had short bangs. In hindsight I should have just bought it and worried about the bangs later.... :P

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Unread 02-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
cakestina
Wannabe Tenenbaum

I got this wig for the Hilda costume! http://www.amazon.com/MapofBeauty-Co...rds=purple+wig I don't know if its perfect, as I haven't tried it on yet. (I'm waiting to get her crown ready.) But I've bought the black version for a Marceline costume and it parts down the middle very well. And yes, that stripe is pink!

I'm currently at a standstill with the costume, since I need to make the red gem for her crown. I did an epoxy resin cast this morning, except the gem is going to be slightly diamond in shape. :\ Also it's not quite a vibrant red, as I had issues mixing the food colors together to create the right shade. I might just try to buy a red gem like that, but I'm not sure where to go. or I could try sanding down the resin gem to a round shape....
Kat (Gravity Rush) - 20%
Harvest Goddess (Harvest Moon) - 0%
Lucca (Chrono Trigger) - 0%

Planned Cons:
PAX Prime (August 29-Sep 1)
Comikaze (Oct 31-Nov2)
AoD (2015)
cakestina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
SailorAndromeda
is eating your cake.

See, I'm not sure about the stripe color either. Zelda's is blue, which matches Hilda's blue belt, and Zelda has a red belt, so I'm leaning red. In game it looks red, too. The promo art looks reddish-pink. That said though, I've seen both pink and red used, and both look fine, lol.
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #6
asheragold

I recently finished my Hilda for Kamicon this past weekend. For the hem the color looked to me a dusty rose color, which I did in a tissue weight silk taffeta.

And for the wig it was super hard finding the exact color so I finally went with the 28" long Eros in Royal Purple from Epic Cosplay. It looked good for the weekend, but I plan to give it little more volume in the front bits.
asheragold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
SailorAndromeda
is eating your cake.

I would love to see photos if you have any! I ordered the Athena in Royal Purple, can't wait for it to get here
Unread 02-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #8
asheragold

These were taken by Emerald Coast Cosplay:

https://www.facebook.com/19348208733...type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/19348208733...type=1&theater

A friend went as my Ravio, it was a great weekend.
Unread 02-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #9
SailorAndromeda
is eating your cake.

Thanks for sharing! I love the photo of you holding his mask/hood thing XD
Unread 02-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #10
asheragold

There are more photos from that shoot to be post of me with his hammer acting like I am whacking him. I had too much fun with that hood and that hammer. XD
Unread 03-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #11
ParaParaYukiko
Pokémon Master

Fellow Hilda cosplayers! How are you handling the design on her tabard? I did iron-on transfers but it was difficult to get them to look exactly right. What methods have you guys been using? I'm probably going to remake the tabard at some point and am looking for suggestions.
ParaParaYukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #12
Chikkijet

Haven't started mine yet but I'm planning on stencils & fabric paint/markers... if that doesn't work then I'm SOL because con is like... 2 weeks away :/

Unread 03-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #13
asheragold

I did heat and bond and a tight applique stitch on mine. I am totally addicted to heat and bond down, I could stick it down, move it around till I got it where I wanted it.
Unread 03-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #14
SailorAndromeda
is eating your cake.

I just got a really nice embroidery machine (my husband is set for at least this year on gifts for me, lol), so once I figure it all out, I plan on using that. Hopefully I can get it to look right! Otherwise, I had been planning on heat and bond and applique.
Unread 10-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #15
Chikkijet

Ok so I did a last minute Hilda for a con and I went with stencilling with fabric paint. It's not perfect, but for a 2 night job I think it came out pretty well!

I'm already planning to remake the tiara with smaller diamonds and to do a better belt and pauldrons...