Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Unread 02-09-2004, 05:20 PM   #1
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Exclamation COSTUMECON 2010 in Ontario?

This is to announce that London, Ontario will be bidding for CostumeCon 28, in 2010.

The bid is being chaired by Alixandra Jordan. She has support pledged for this bid by various costumers, including the Sick Pups (New Jersey/New York Costumers Guild).

The convention is to be held on the American long weekend in May, 2010 to allow for the extra distances that they have to travel.

More news concerning the bid in a few days.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com

Last edited by Kaijugal : 02-09-2004 at 05:22 PM.
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2004, 07:56 AM   #2
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

REALLY?!?!?! WOW!!! ...... first World Con and now maybe Costume Con ... I love living in Ontario! ^_^

BTW - anyone else think it's bizzar that these have been moved to the "Other Conventions" forum?

[Kia's 2012 Convention Season:]
[Con-G - Ad Astra 31 - Anime North - Polaris 26]

[Planned costumes for 2012:]
[NEW: Suki/Lily/Mime]
[TO FINISH: Sakura/Ayumi
]
Kia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2004, 12:06 AM   #3
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia
REALLY?!?!?! WOW!!! ...... first World Con and now maybe Costume Con ... I love living in Ontario! ^_^

BTW - anyone else think it's bizzar that these have been moved to the "Other Conventions" forum?
Yah I thought that was kind of wierd as well, as we've pretty much gotten in the habit of posting anything local, (read: central canadian, LOL) under ANIME NORTH.. Heh. Ah well. I'm sure Admin had a good reason.

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
www.costumecon32.com
Unread 02-11-2004, 02:05 AM   #4
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

I didn't move it. But by practice the mods move any off-topic posts they come across to their appropriate forums, and since it wasn't an Anime North thread whoever moved it was just following the rules. And then if a convention has enough interest on this site to warrant its own forum, then we go that extra step as well.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2004, 04:53 AM   #5
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

Um... Admin, if you look at the Anime North forum itself I'd say that over half the posts there are NOT about Anime North, but more about other cons and things that the cosplayers in Southern Ontario find useful if kept in one general location. Although after saying this I'm really afraid that a mod will go and clear out the entire Anime North board, leaving behind the whole 3 or 4 AN specific threads (PLEASE DON'T). I've been on this board for over a year and I've found that if a topic concerning Ontario cosplayers is NOT in that section it doesn't get any attention from the people it is intended for.
And in the entire time I've been on the board I don't recall EVER seeing a thread in the AN forum be relocated. This just threw me for a loop. PLEASE don't let anyone come and whipe our mini board. Yes it is cluttered, but we've found that it works best for us. ^_^

]
Unread 02-11-2004, 10:02 PM   #6
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Hey Admin,

No, it's not a problem, I think we were just stating why we've done this in the past.

Costume Con is probably the single coolest costumers related con and it sure may deserve it's own forum. Like worldcon it travels every year, this post was specifically related to a Costumecon, not far from the city Anime North is held in.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers!

~Kaijugal

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 02-12-2004, 02:17 AM   #7
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia
Um... Admin, if you look at the Anime North forum itself I'd say that over half the posts there are NOT about Anime North, but more about other cons and things that the cosplayers in Southern Ontario find useful if kept in one general location. Although after saying this I'm really afraid that a mod will go and clear out the entire Anime North board, leaving behind the whole 3 or 4 AN specific threads (PLEASE DON'T). I've been on this board for over a year and I've found that if a topic concerning Ontario cosplayers is NOT in that section it doesn't get any attention from the people it is intended for.
And in the entire time I've been on the board I don't recall EVER seeing a thread in the AN forum be relocated. This just threw me for a loop. PLEASE don't let anyone come and whipe our mini board. Yes it is cluttered, but we've found that it works best for us. ^_^
Well maybe this means it's about time for forums for non-American cons, like one for Canada, one for Japan, etc. Would this help?
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2004, 07:57 AM   #8
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
Well maybe this means it's about time for forums for non-American cons, like one for Canada, one for Japan, etc. Would this help?
Perhaps... I'd actually never thought of doing it that way before. I'm just used to having all "Ontario" stuff in one place, but it's true that in the past I've seen threads in the Anime North section discussing .... whatever the name of that con in British Columbia. I can't speak for everyone, but I think that that may be a really good idea. At least that way we can legitimately keep all our threads in one place and not have to worry that they may get lost in another forum where no one will find them. ^_^
Thanks Admin, you're awsome!

]
Unread 02-12-2004, 08:33 AM   #9
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

How about a regional forum for non-con specific postings? Like meetings, sales, photoshoots....

Dani
dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2004, 12:50 PM   #10
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani
How about a regional forum for non-con specific postings? Like meetings, sales, photoshoots....

Dani
I like how the Anime North forum works, where everything relating to our area is in one general location. It makes everything easy to find. I think if everything started being split up into a million other sub boards that things would get alot messier than they already are. I think the only problem may be that people who don't frequent the AN forum get really confused by the amount of non-AN discussion that occurs in that forum, which is why someone went in and started to play around with the threads that were there. It's not a major issue, but it seems that people don't know that most of the Canadian cosplayers (and some American ones who attend AN) tend to congragate there. It works. ^_^
Dani, your suggestion is a legitimate one, which would be nice to have, but I've often found that we shouldn't press our luck.

]
Unread 03-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #11
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Did anything come of this? I didn't even know this thread existed... Probably because I never checked the "Others" thread. Except for once about Comiket.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 10:41 PM   #12
Gravely

It's the service mark holder/founders ( my wife Karen, who'll sign up on here real soon now ;-) understanding that this bid has folded.
technically there are no official bids for that year yet, as paperwork has not been filed.
However, there are two groups still planning to bid. one for New England, and one for Milwaukee.

They have committees, and are working on their plans.

Gravely
owner of Castle Blood the most interactive, costume friendly haunted house anywhere.
Co-Chair Costume-Con 27 ( 2009) Baltimore,Maryland
Cosplay Guest of Honor, Anime North, Toronto, May 2009,2010
founding president NJ/NY chapter ICG
2004 recipient ICG Lifetime Achievement Award
http://www.facebook.com/gravely.maccabre
Gravely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 10:46 AM   #13
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Yes , unfortunately I have also heard that this bid is no longer being persued.

Darn it eh?

Thank you to those of you who expressed interest. It looks like I'll have to alternate to plan B again, organizing the Canadian Cosutming Caravan to visit a Costume Con hosted by our southern neighbours.

Cheers!
~Kai / Dawn

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 03-30-2006, 01:22 PM   #14
Vessa-Sushi
The Best kind of Sushi.

Go for it Dawn! I bet there are a lot of people who would jump the bandwagon for a mass visit to the Costume Con.

~Vessa
poo flinger! FLING!
Vessa-Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 10:12 PM   #15
Costumers

Kaijugal,

You know, there still isn't a bid for CC29 yet. Can your new chapter organize a Canadian bid for 2011?

Pierre
Costumers is offline   Reply With Quote