Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #16
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

I'm just happy to be doin' good works ;>)
My convention photos are available on my website at www.scifigeek.info. If you find a picture of yourself, feel free to add it to your own Cosplay.com profile. All I ask is that you credit www.scifigeek.info and send me a PM to let me know.
scifigeek47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #17
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifigeek47 View Post
You can visit http://www.scifigeek.info/convention...ostumeContest/ for last year's contest photos. The non-contest photos are available at http://www.scifigeek.info/convention...ntestCostumes/ . I'll update this thread with the link to the 2012 photos once they have been edited and uploaded.
Nice to get to see what won last year! Good entries, and I figure this year will be full of good ones as well with it open to Avengers.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #18
The Lady Nerd

I'm definitely interested in this. Though for me, I've designed an original costume (a femme Loki), but a friend of mine is doing the actual sewing (I'll be doing some construction in terms of dying). Would I still be eligible? If not I still might be there for the photoshoot.
The Lady Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #19
~Megi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lady Nerd View Post
I'm definitely interested in this. Though for me, I've designed an original costume (a femme Loki), but a friend of mine is doing the actual sewing (I'll be doing some construction in terms of dying). Would I still be eligible? If not I still might be there for the photoshoot.
Absolutely! We all have our different strengths in costume making and need a hand with the other parts. You're doing the designing, part of the construction, and having to put it all together. That's a lot of work! It's all about the finished result.
~Megi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #20
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

I just talked to the Track Director for Whedon Universe, and he is letting us use the track room for pictures from right after the Costume Contest (around 5PM) until 8PM. Hopefully the extra time helps out a few of you who have conflicts with other photoshoots.

I know that the Once Upon a Time group is planning a dinner right after their shoot, so extending it until 8PM might not help sunnydale_pet, threestories and anyone else who is meeting up with that group. However, I'm going to have the photo backdrop set up in the ballroom for the Shindig Saturday night, so anyone who can't make it on Sunday is welcome to come get their photos taken at the Shindig. Shiva, you had a great group at the 2010 Shindig, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got this year!

I know that people are still planning to have Buffy and Firefly meetups sometime on Friday, as well as a photoshoot for general Whedon Universe right after the parade, so those will be even more opportunities for everyone to show off their Whedony best!
My convention photos are available on my website at www.scifigeek.info. If you find a picture of yourself, feel free to add it to your own Cosplay.com profile. All I ask is that you credit www.scifigeek.info and send me a PM to let me know.
Unread 08-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #21
threestories

My people are all going in Firefly costume to the Shindig, so see you there My work-in-progress Inara looks like this so far.
Mother Superior (Once Upon a Time)

DragonCon 2014:
Femme!Riddler (DC Comics, original design)
Xena (Xena: Warrior Princess)
Mystique (X-Men Comics)
New Caprica Three/D'Anna Biers (Battlestar Galactica)
threestories is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #22
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

Very shiny, threestories! Can't wait to see your costume in person!
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #23
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

Will it work for my husband to enter in a costume I made? Would that count as my entry with him modeling, or something like that?

Currently working on:
Visas Marr -- KotOR II
Al (armor) -- FMA Brotherhood
Mara Jade -- Star Wars EU
Loki -- The Avengers
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 03:17 AM   #24
~Megi

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Hyde View Post
Will it work for my husband to enter in a costume I made? Would that count as my entry with him modeling, or something like that?
That's fine. I always assume in these situations that you don't mind sharing anything he might win
~Megi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #25
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Whedon Universe Costume Contest! I had a great time photographing everyone, and judging by the applause I head at the front of the room, the audience enjoyed it tremendously as well!

My contest photos are now online at http://www.scifigeek.info/convention...ostumeContest/ . Feel free to take any pictures of yourself and print, edit, and post them as you like. If you decide to post the photos anywhere, I'd appreciate a photo credit for http://www.scifigeek.info/conventions/DragonCon2012/ . And if you're going to add it to your cosplay.com gallery, could you just send me a PM to let me know? Thanks!

Congratulations to supergeekgirl for winning Judge's Choice for her Ghostbuster Kaylee, and Katala for winning Best Buffyverse Costume for her Princess Cordelia.

The Lady Nerd, your Formal Femme-vengers group was awesome and a lot of fun to hang out with. I really liked your idea of getting some motion into the photo of your Loki costume. I haven't gotten a chance to edit all of the post-contest photoshoot images yet, but took a few minutes to upload my favorite: http://www.scifigeek.info/convention...shoot_4850.jpg

Roseathorn, it was a lot of fun hanging out with you, and your River costume was great! Thanks for getting a picture with me! Here's my favorite shot of you kicking some Alliance ass: http://www.scifigeek.info/convention...shoot_4870.jpg

And here's your "River dance" photo - I think that one was fantastic! http://www.scifigeek.info/convention...shoot_4893.jpg

I hope to see all of you again next year!

Last edited by scifigeek47 : 09-15-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Fixed broken links.
Unread 09-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #26
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Thanks so much! I'm grabbing the pictures now.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #27
The Lady Nerd

Oh yes! That picture came out PERFECT! I cannot thank you enough! That is the best picture of my Loki costume I've seen all week! Again, thank you.

Supergeekgirl - Your Ghostbuster Kaylee was beyond adorable. The marshmallow strawberries were a nice touch.
The Lady Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #28
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

I agree. Supergeekgirl, your Ghostbuster Kaylee combined two of my favorites into one great costume. I also liked all of the extra details, like the Stay-Puft Mashmallow Man in place of the teddy bear.

And The Lady Nerd, your dress was fantastic! I'm glad that you liked the picture. Thanks for staying after the contest for the extra photoshoot.
Unread 09-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #29
scifigeek47
Behind the camera

I've uploaded the pictures that I took of the costumes after the contest. You can find them here:

http://www.scifigeek.info/convention...e/PostContest/

Thank you to everyone who stopped by!