Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #16
dawnzue

Sometimes if a pore gets clogged beneath the skin with excess oil and bacteria, the dreaded acne is caused.
dawnzue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #17
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Really your best bet is to see a dermatologist. We think of acne/zits/pimples as being so common and normal that often we don't think of it as something to see a doctor for. But if your experiencing pain from the acne, that's one more reason to see a dermatologist. They can prescribe you topical treatments and even pills to help cure the acne and get rid of the pain.
Everyone's skin is different and while a lot of great over-the-counter skin cleansers exist, they're often not really produced for the purpose of curing serious acne and are more for the prevention of it reoccurring and as a general cleanser. They may work better for some but not work at all for others. That's just how it is. So I would highly recommend seeing the dermatologist about it.

In the meantime try to keep your bed-sheets and pillowcases clean, avoid touching your face, and keeping your hair clean if it's prone to getting oily (or keep it out of your face).

My highest recommendation is to get in to the dermatologist and get a prescription from them.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #18
ShinigamiYuro

Iíve found instead of spending a ton of money on acne creams, 90% rubbing alcohol and witch hazel oil once a day helps more than anything. You will still have zits but it decreases the amount and most are skin color and far lest noticeable.

DO NOT use rubbing alcohol alone this will dry out your skin and can cause peeling; and if you feel your skin becoming to dry wait a few days before applying.
Screw reality. It donít feed my dog. It donít make my apartment payments. It donít get me laid. BS does that... and I like it that way. So I'm sure reality is a real nice place, but I sure as Hades wouldn't wanna live there princess.
ShinigamiYuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #19
PsykoGerbil

if you're having breakouts on your shoulders and back, check your shampoo/conditioner. I have to avoid anything with panthenol in it or I can be guaranteed to start breaking out.
PsykoGerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #20
Zexion_Nobody
The Cloaked Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmpdhntr View Post
I've tried countless of methods and medications but let me give you a little secret that I just discovered. Bragg Organic Raw~Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar! It's a cheap yet healthy alternative to clearing up your skin along with some many other great benefits for your body.

I drink 1-2 teaspoons with 8oz of water 3 times a day. Before I sleep I apply it directly onto my face with a cotton ball and let it sits for 20mins then rinse it out with water. It will burn because it penetrates into your pour and fight against the bacteria and daily contaminants. It's also only $6 for a huge bottle at your organic whole food store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSXWZQcusgw

I wish you best of luck.
I second this remedy. I have this problem myself, but I've heard that it's a great alternative. I've been to my doctor's and the medicine I got does work, but it takes a little time and breakouts always recur.
Zexion_Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #21
flash1616
don't touch the Mytho

Quote:
Originally Posted by HareyuNanami View Post
I have heard of LUSH products before when I was looking for a dry shampoo sadly didn't purchase any. But I think I will give it a try!
I wont be able to get it till I return to Canada in September but that might just work! =D

Thank you so much! =3

ALSO

Does anyone know any good products that I can purchase here in Japan =3
I'll add on that the Grease Lighting from Lush has Tea Tree and Witch Hazel gel in it both of which you most likely can pick up in Japan, the oil form of it is good too.
You can also use drops of Tea Tree oil in your shampoo to help against oily hair (It also kills and prevents lice!~ woo)
Unread 10-31-2012, 01:25 AM   #22
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

If you're having a bad problem with your acne you might wish to schedule an appointment with a dermatologist. Sometimes those over-the-counter cleansers don't do a thing depending on your acne-- take it from me, I've been battling it for more years than I can remember.
After OTC cleaners didn't work (not even Proactive) I was given a prescription for by my doctor and I was on that for a few years before I was switched to something else. I've been on quite a few different prescription medications over the years for my acne, mostly because some of them you shouldn't be on for too long, or because your body gets used to the medication and it no longer works as well...
Right now I'm on a medication that I've only been on for about two months. The medication is about as strong as they come, and it can have some nasty side effects, but unfortunately nothing else worked for me. I haven't experienced any of the side effects and the chances that I will are slim, but because I'm on this medication I have to have a blood test once a month while I'm on it.

I also use a prescription cleanser and a prescription topical gel.

I'm not trying to scare you or anything, I'm just saying that sometimes acne can't be cleared up with OTC cleansers. They can only do so much, and sometimes only prescriptions will help. If you feel you wish to go down that path I would try to schedule an appointment ASAP to save yourself from scarring. Not to mention that dermatology appointments can sometimes be difficult to get, so you may be on a wait list for a month or two... or three.

Last edited by Blue Leader : 10-31-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 02:40 AM   #23
Alkaas

Avoid oily food for getting rid of acne or use Zenmed Acne cream for your face.
Alkaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #24
~Ichigo~

Defiantly switch your pillow case out about every 3 days, or turn it over for another 3 lol. I follow the 3 day pillow case routine, and wash my face once a nite ( and never miss 1 washing) and my face is ok.

I use the proacne severe brand lol (basically it has higher peroxide content in the lotion then the regular) and i realize that's what i need because i was using the normal one with 2.5% and my face was breaking out and I used some of the higher % lotion from my last pack and my face cleared up.

Drinking enough water and cutting back on high sugar intake will help since insulin spikes can trigger more oil production.

I can get my face completely clear with this (sometimes helps using this other lotion on top of the face lotion) but its hard getting a perfect balance that's needed to clear them up sometimes.

Last edited by ~Ichigo~ : 10-31-2012 at 04:23 PM.
~Ichigo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #25
Akune-chan

Proactive is a joke. They just want your money and they don't care about the results. I swear. It might work for some people but for myself it just made my skin burn and the acne just got WORSE. Then when I wanted a refund they didn't want to give it to me and kept sending me promotions to try out until something worked.

I would personally go to a dermatologist. I went to one and my acne was completely gone. However due to family issues and stress, my face has it once more. Its not as bad as it was though.

Also, you might want to change your shampoo and conditioner as well. Since your hair contains a lot of natural oils, your face could be suffering from too much of the natural oils that your hair secretes. If you have a hair cut where your hair is on your face/frames it, keep your hair up in a ponytail and off your face until you figure out what hair products works for you. Usually people don't know that greasy hair can contribute to acne going out of control!
Unread 10-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #26
AstraiaAndraste

Another thing that not many people know is that dairy is proven to cause breakouts. I'm a biologist and actually have done studies on pasteurized milk and it contains RIDICULOUS amounts of added hormones. I also have suffered from horrible acne, I was on accutane twice and still had breakouts. After learning in depth about dairy I decided to give it a try and it seriously works. I'd highly recommend to anyone to go dairy free for 2-3 weeks, you'll see results.
AstraiaAndraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #27
~Ichigo~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstraiaAndraste View Post
Another thing that not many people know is that dairy is proven to cause breakouts. I'm a biologist and actually have done studies on pasteurized milk and it contains RIDICULOUS amounts of added hormones. I also have suffered from horrible acne, I was on accutane twice and still had breakouts. After learning in depth about dairy I decided to give it a try and it seriously works. I'd highly recommend to anyone to go dairy free for 2-3 weeks, you'll see results.
I heard about this to and might be a reason why my face clears up more at conventions since i don't drink milk at them. Now I was on a gallon of milk diet before for weight lifting and my face didn't break out anymore then my normal 1/4 - 1/3 gallon of milk a day so from my experience a person might have to almost completely cut it out to see a good effect like when i attend cons.
~Ichigo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #28
rrrof711

face paint/body paint

you may be having an allergic reaction to make up, face paint, hair dye, shampoo like someone was saying, or even something like I may have called eczema which causes bad breakouts. be careful what you put on your face...
rrrof711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #29
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

It's more a case of figuring out what's causing the acne than just washing your face to try to make it go away. A lot of things can cause a breakout - not enough sleep, stress, diet, change of environment, smoking, drinking, hormone levels, allergies. You need to pinpoint the changes in your life and/or routine to see what might have caused it, then try to fix it. For example, if you're not sleeping enough, basically force yourself to sleep earlier. I used to get awful breakouts in college when I did too many all-nighters in a short period of time trying to study and get essays done. But once they were all done, and I was able to pass out at 9pm for a few nights, it would clear itself up.

Costume design and fabrication
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sector6labs

Tumblr: http://sector6labs.tumblr.com

Twitter: @sector6labs http://www.twitter.com/sector6labs
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #30
Little Miss Mew

Acne Help!

First of all, you're beautiful! I know how annoying acne can be though... I have it as well D:
I just recently found a way to get rid of acne all over! I hope I can help you! (not all acne treatments work for everyone though).
Here's what I've learned about acne:
1. harsh chemicals only make acne worse. I use a gentle face wash and moisturizer morning and night. (Aubrey Organics for Sensitive Skin to be exact). And try your best to stay away from ingredients that you can't pronounce! I also use a mixture of water and baking soda on my face every day. I gently massage the mixture into my skin for 30 seconds. Be careful if you have sensitive or dry skin though, because using baking soda too much can dry it out!

2. Acne starts from the inside. It can be caused by hormones, stress, decreased blood flow, and even food allergies and sensitivities! For instance, I'm lactose intolerant and after I stopped eating so much dairy, I noticed my acne got a lot better. To increase blood flow, try drinking cayenne pepper tea (or if you dislike the taste, try a cayenne pepper supplement). I also use this (https://www.beautifulonraw.com/store/skin-exfoliator) to massage impurities out every night. Twice a week I use this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00) to increase blood flow, close pores, and make the acne treatment I use (Aubrey Organics Amino Derm Gel) more effective. For stress, I do yoga or taichi/qigong every day for 30 mins. These practices seem to help increase blood flow as well.

I am in no way affiliated with any of the products I mentioned, I just find that they work really well! If you have any questions, feel free to message me Good luck