Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #46
nilukshi

Acne usually go away with the age. if it doesn't rather than applying many products on your acne areas. you should go see a dermatologist
nilukshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #47
Baron Malleus

I have found that my breakouts come with a change in diet. This may be the case for you. I cut out soda and sugar and my breakouts minimize. I think a large part of my own ties in to how much acidic food and drink I consume. So I have to watch juices too if I am going to have clear skin for a costume.
Costumes completed: Kenpachi Zaraki, Elanor Lamb,

In progress: Big Sister, Spiderant King (planning stages)
Baron Malleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #48
PatchieFox

At least you don't have acne on your chest. I have no clue how to get ride of that.
PatchieFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #49
Baron Malleus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchieFox View Post
At least you don't have acne on your chest. I have no clue how to get ride of that.
No, I have full torso breakouts when I get into the soda. I had to change my diet to manage them. You would be amazed what getting rid of a few things you don't need in your body can accomplish.
Costumes completed: Kenpachi Zaraki, Elanor Lamb,

In progress: Big Sister, Spiderant King (planning stages)
Baron Malleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #50
a n g e l i n a

Oh boy, am I feeling this right now .___.

Ever since I went off birth control (I didn't renew my insurance, or something) my face has exploded with icky breakouts. I've always had clogged pores and a little redness, together with sensitive skin over all, but this is ridiculous! My dad's a physician and is super against acutane and for good reason, so I've been on some antibiotics for a few months and basically there's been no change >< I've just gotten back on birth control that's specifically for bad skin, but the doc said that's going to take a few months too...
Le sigh.

What face products do you guys use and recommend? I'm using some fancy stuff my aunt bought me that's aloe based, but honestly it's made no difference either.
a n g e l i n a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #51
TimeWitch

I use clean and clear face wash with Benzole peroxide in it. I've tried all sorts of things and this really helped. You can get it at Walmart! The other thing that is important is not touching your face all the time and washing twice a day to keep the germs away.
TimeWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #52
Fudoo
Often lost

Mix peroxide and baking soda. rub on your skin take it off later on It clears most stuff up.
Fudoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #53
Big Sister
Aboard the Sprawl.

Okay, I'll pipe in my two cents.

This sounds like a genetic / hormonal problem: ie, OTC products aren't going to do jack shit for you. Either will home remedies. Trust somebody who's been there.

I sank well over $200 in OTC meds. Proactiv, Oxy, Clearsil, Nutrogena, Clean n' Clear - you name it, I tried it. Hell, I even tried rubbing alcohol and tea tree oil (while I got used to the smell, alas, other people did not)!

I turned to the doctor. I was prescribed birth control, no changes. I begged for something else, and they put me on tetracycline. After three months, my steadily-clearing complexion took a nosedive. I was prescribed doxycycline and two different creams (clymadacin phosphate and a 10% benzoyl peroxide wash).

No. Changes.

At this point I was tearing my hair out. I didn't have the acne-carpet all over my face, but they were large, noticeable, and developed on my chest, back, neck (those were especially painful), and my face, forehead, hell -- even my earlobes. Yes, you read that right. It was so bad I couldn't bring myself to look at me in the mirror. Any and all pictures of me had to be photoshopped to clear up my face or I wouldn't permit the photo to be taken. It was horrible, my self-esteem just plummeted, and I hated my face so much I would spend hours scratching and clawing at it a day.

I went to see a dermatologist, and he prescribed me Claravis (an accutane generic, just to keep things simple). Three months, three times daily, I took this pill. My face got worse. My lips chapped severely, my skin dried out and cracked, and my acne got worse.

But after that three month mark - *poof!* Bye bye, acne!

I was put on a five month program, but I've stopped at the fourth month. My face is clean, clear, and hell, it even got rid of all of those horrible blackheads on my nose! I used bag balm daily to keep my lips from chapping, and used Cetaphil (which they recommend, as it's one of the best lotions out there for your poor, sensitive skin whilst you're on this horrid medication).

While you have to suffer a little to see the bright side, oh, my, my, how bright it is. Several coworkers of mine stopped one day and just stared, "Wow! Your skin! Oh my god! It was so *terrible* and now it's just -- you look all glowy and bright!"

/super long post. Quote me if you want more info. This is what worked for me, because everyone who told you that "____" works for me and it's an OTC -- chances are, they don't suffer from the kind that I had. Where your body did what it felt like and didn't give two shits.
Big Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #54
Arti

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilukshi View Post
Acne usually go away with the age. if it doesn't rather than applying many products on your acne areas. you should go see a dermatologist
Typically most of the breakouts occur during puberty during large swings in hormonal activity. As a result it generates more activity coming out of pores as a result.

Accutane eliminates the acne by simply inhibiting the cells that produce sebum (the oily wax that is produced to lubricate the skin). By eliminating the cause of acne (the clogging of serum), the acne simply heals itself as no new ones take its place.

However, it cannot be prescribed over-the-counter due to its adverse side-effects.

A lot of time doctors will always prescribe a drug to you for any case of acne, foregoing any approach to acne as a form of lifestyle changes.

I've said this many times, and even mentioned (in this post) that diet is the best way to keep acne in check by eliminating the amount of processed food. The increased amount of refined carbs result in an increase in activity in the Sebaceous glands ("pores"). Vitamin C is also an anti-oxidant in which can regulate the activity produced by these glands.

Note: If you do decide to consume Orange Juice for your vitamin C fix, I'd rather take it in pill form as the refined sugars inside cartoned Orange Juice kinda counteracts the effects.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #55
coralsheep

Go to the dermatologist. They have the ability to analyze your skin and help you out better than we ever could! Good luck.

Planned:
Disney's Alice (MNSSHP'13)
King Boo (EVO 2k)
coralsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #56
shoelace
patoot

My skin cleared up like crazy when I changed my diet. I drink loads of green and white tea, and I eat loads of fruits and veggies and fish. I also cut out junk food and soda and candy and all sorts of stuff like that. Purely anecdotal, but it might be worth a shot.

I also wash my face with cetaphil and mild salicylic acid wipes, moisturize often, and exfoliate about once a week with a baking soda and water paste.

Hope this is sort of helpful. :I
shoelace is offline   Reply With Quote