Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 08-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #106
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzylizzy View Post
Not that I do all the cosplay panels....

I usually do a number of them every year, but was in the Artist Alley for most of the con. I know other peeps that normally do them too. They didn't submit since they either weren't going or wanted a break.
People like you who run these panels are awesome indeed, so thank you for doing the ones that you did!
  • Secret Cosplay (???): 1% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) MAGfest 2015

DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #107
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrin View Post
isn't it ridiculous how you can miss valuable time at a con (which you have paid an expensive amount for) just because you have to get in line for a badge? and it's even more ridiculous how the pre-reg line was longer than the regular registration line. pre-reg is supposed to be faster...
Waiting for pre-reg. at cons shouldn't be like waiting for a ride at Disneyland, because at a con you have stuff you should be doing rather than spend hours waiting to get your badge. I personally don't understand people who can tolerate waiting the longest time (6-10 hours are the longest wait-times I've heard) for badge pick-up on the day that the convention is already happening. That's half your day spent.. Is there an event, a guest, or something in the Dealers' Hall that would make you give up that much time being stuck in the registration line for?

Dragon*Con is one similar convention where the at-the-door registration almost always moves faster than the pre-reg. line. In the years that I've attended D*C, I've never pre-reg. for the con because while I pay more ($15-25 difference) it takes me only 5-10 minutes to go zig-zagging through the turnstiles, pay for my badge, and then pick-up my badge. True, the at-the-door badges aren't as-nice as the pre-reg. ones, but time to me is more important.
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #108
mreynolds

Registration encountered a unique problem this year, which we identified a little later than we would have liked. We kept online registration open longer than usual. This meant fewer people in the registration line, which meant a faster moving line. On top of that, we changed at-con registration so that you no longer need to fill out those annoying little cards. That sped up registration even more.

We typically pile a bunch of staff on friday on the registration side of the line, to deal with the slowness of at-con registration. Well, the line moved a lot faster than we expected. This caused the at-con registration side of the line to be overstaffed, and the badge pickup line to be understaffed. For next year, we will adjust lining and staffing to prevent the line from being that long on friday.