Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 07-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #16
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

Picnics have been okay in the parking lot in past years. When I go, we store a cooler in someone's trunk, then just leave and have our sandwiches on a patch of grass in the lot. Nobody has given us any trouble for this. Outside food and drink will definitely not be allowed in the park. Sometimes they say okay to bottled water, but most times not. You get a stamp so that you can leave and re-enter anytime during the day.

For anyone who can't make the weekday, there will be a cosplay picnic at Centre Island on Sat Aug 11th. So you can still get together with a casual cosplay on a Saturday. I'm sad I can't go this year because I have a family thing in Hamilton

Costume design and fabrication
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sector6labs

Tumblr: http://sector6labs.tumblr.com

Twitter: @sector6labs http://www.twitter.com/sector6labs
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #17
Otouto

Quote:
Picnics have been okay in the parking lot in past years. When I go, we store a cooler in someone's trunk, then just leave and have our sandwiches on a patch of grass in the lot. Nobody has given us any trouble for this. Outside food and drink will definitely not be allowed in the park. Sometimes they say okay to bottled water, but most times not. You get a stamp so that you can leave and re-enter anytime during the day. For anyone who can't make the weekday, there will be a cosplay picnic at Centre Island on Sat Aug 11th. So you can still get together with a casual cosplay on a Saturday. I'm sad I can't go this year because I have a family thing in Hamilton
Quote:
Another heads-up - if you are planning a picnic make sure to contact the park ahead of time to check into it. In recent years everyone I know has had food and drinks confiscated at the gate - but not every time. Talk to someone at the park to be clear on exactly what the rules are for bringing your own food and drinks into the park.
Now that's something I didn't know- thanks for the heads up you guys! I'm sure eating in the grass outside would be fine. I can call ahead to double check either way, but yeah, I'm sure it'll be ok to toss the food into the back of a car for the afternoon.

That said, before anything like that is planned out I've got to see how many people are going in the first place; let's see how many people we can get interested within a couple weeks!
Otouto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #18
ubiquitous_love

This thread hasn't been updated in a while, is the meetup still happening? o:
ubiquitous_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:59 PM   #19
Otouto

The date passed (I was already planning on going with friends), and it didn't accumulate much interest, so no. ;w;

Thank you anyhow!
Otouto is offline   Reply With Quote