Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 08-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Caboose1

Need Help finding a pattern

So I've been trying to find a pattern and make my own for the top part of this one dress for a cosplay (see link below). I have kind of figured it out with just playing with the fabric on my mannequin but, can't figure out how to make the actual pattern, and I dont want to waste tje fabric I do have. Thank you!
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1...2015-art02.jpg
Caboose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
Penlowe

hmm... There might be a cross front halter out there somewhere, but it would still need a lot of tweaking. This calls for draping with cheap fabric. Go to a thrift store & buy a light colored sheet, cut it up to use on your mannequin, write on it, pin it, etc. Then you'll have a pattern to use on your good fabric.
Penlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Caboose1

I've been trying that and may finally have one Also thank you for giving it a proper name I didnt know what to call that type of halter. ^_^
Unread 08-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Penlowe

I don't know about 'proper' so much as descriptive It occurred to me that there may be bikini top patterns that might help, but if you've already started draping I doubt you really need a pattern all that much.
I will say that lining the bodice may result in a more finished look, and wear a bit better too. If you get that seam right up under your bust and use fabric with enough structure, a bra won't likely be needed (unless you are a D cup or something)
Penlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Caboose1

Well I already got a bra cup thing for it even though I'm not a D, I just like to have the support. But I did manange to make a pattern that sort of works, but to get the look I need I'm going to have to put tiny stiches to keep the folds down the way I want and sew it to the base of the bra pad thing I bought. Thank you for the suggestions! They are greatly appreciated! ^_^