Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeNEXT

Unread 08-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
BL2W
Con Cosplay Videographer

Touhou Project 2013

Hello everybody~!

I figure extending to here would be a good way to find more Touhou cosplayers for AnimeNEXT 2013. If you would like more context as to who I am and why I'm posting this thread so early, check out the thread on the AnimeNEXT forums in this link here~

So, how about it? Any Touhou cosplayers here going to AnimeNEXT?

Last edited by BL2W : 05-14-2013 at 10:24 PM.
BL2W is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
mochihi

me!

EDIT:ah nvm change of plans sorry ;u;

Last edited by mochihi : 04-11-2013 at 08:11 PM.
mochihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
Edgar Strife
Thinking & Planning....

First time coming to A Next, though cosplay plans are unknown at the moment but if it happen to be from Touhou, it will be an upgrade ver of Momiji. {little different from ver I wear at Katsucon this year, was at friday shoot with the red tengu geta} and if it is, I'll try my best to join in for the shoots that are happening..
Edgar Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
SirSlarty
Seizon Senryakuuuuuuuuuuu

I might be able to go!
I have Suwako and Sanae all ready. I was both at Katsucon.

Currently working on Remilia. Not my favorite character but I like her outfit.
SirSlarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
BL2W
Con Cosplay Videographer

My apologies, everyone; I haven't checked on this particular thread in quite a while~! (To my defense, though, it didn't look as though anyone was going to respond on here, sadly.) However, since there have been replies, I will briefly update you all on the current status...

There will, in fact, be a Touhou Project panel at AnimeNEXT this year--headed by yours truly--called "Touhou: A World Within Our Own"~! Lots of fun stuff will be happening at the panel, including giveaways, so be sure to check that out; my co-panelists and I are very enthusiastic about it~

Also, there is, of course, a photoshoot being planned for Saturday, so make sure to pick out your favorite outfits to show off for everyone~! It will be located by the red dock, just as it has been over the past two years (unless it suddenly rains), but the time is still tentative depending on the convention's schedule~

With that said, I'll be sure to release details on this thread, too, from now on, so check back often~!
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
BL2W
Con Cosplay Videographer

Also, the above message was posted on my phone... So, now that I'm on my PC, I can also relay this video to you as well~!

Click me to see the promo for a special giveaway at AnimeNEXT's Touhou Project panel~!
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #7
Edgar Strife
Thinking & Planning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2W View Post
My apologies, everyone; I haven't checked on this particular thread in quite a while~! (To my defense, though, it didn't look as though anyone was going to respond on here, sadly.) However, since there have been replies, I will briefly update you all on the current status...

There will, in fact, be a Touhou Project panel at AnimeNEXT this year--headed by yours truly--called "Touhou: A World Within Our Own"~! Lots of fun stuff will be happening at the panel, including giveaways, so be sure to check that out; my co-panelists and I are very enthusiastic about it~

Also, there is, of course, a photoshoot being planned for Saturday, so make sure to pick out your favorite outfits to show off for everyone~! It will be located by the red dock, just as it has been over the past two years (unless it suddenly rains), but the time is still tentative depending on the convention's schedule~

With that said, I'll be sure to release details on this thread, too, from now on, so check back often~!
No worries about it and thank you very much on the updates! Again, will try my best to make it, depend on the time the shoot and panel is taking place at. {if able to, and everything ok on my part, for sure I will bring along Momiji project}
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
BL2W
Con Cosplay Videographer

It's been a day since, so I think it's safe to post this. I'm aware that this won't please everyone, but after some light negotiations with the panel department head...

"Touhou: A World Within Our Own" will be taking place at 11 PM on Friday night of the convention. (Room details are still unknown.)

Also, because of that, the Touhou Project photoshoot will be planned for 4 PM on the following Saturday by the red dock--just the same as last year. This is tentative, however, so if there are any objections to this, the convention's schedule presents itself in a way that this timing might be cumbersome, or the weather looks rainy, I can change it~
Unread 05-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
M3lt
You sayin' I like dudes?

I'll be there as Yuugi with my ladyfriend as Suwako!

I plan on being in character the whole weekend.

And by in character, I mean drunk off my ass.

Last edited by M3lt : 05-26-2013 at 02:35 PM.
M3lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
BL2W
Con Cosplay Videographer

Quick update, everyone~!

"Touhou: A World Within Our Own" will actually be taking place on Saturday night, not Friday night. The time remains at 11 PM.
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
BL2W
Con Cosplay Videographer

UPDATE: Although the .pdf schedule states that the panel is at 12:30 PM on Friday, the Guidebook app--the inevitably more accurate of the two versions--does state the correct time and day. Please abide by the Guidebook app for our panel, not the .pdf.
Unread 06-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #12
BL2W
Con Cosplay Videographer

Finished putting these up on YouTube late last night:

~ "Touhou @ AnimeNEXT 2013: Deka Reimu's Big Adventure"
~ "'Touhou: A World Within Our Own' - AnimeNEXT 2013"

Hoping everyone enjoyed this year's AnimeNEXT, and I further hope that you will come back next year for more Touhou action~
Unread 06-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #13
Edgar Strife
Thinking & Planning....

Hello, the Momiji from Canada here. Just wanted to say thank you for hosting the shoot aswell as the mini touhou filming, it was very fun taking part in and very enjoyable it was! Can't wait to meet up again aswell as any photos to see. Thanks again for the awesome Touhou gathering shoot! {can't post on youtube since no account, but wanted to say it was very awesome taking part in the mini filming clip}
Unread 06-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
SirSlarty
Seizon Senryakuuuuuuuuuuu

Canada? I had no idea!
Your Momiji was very nicely made! That sword and shield...

Also happy to have seen Mountain of Faith being represented.
SirSlarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #15
Edgar Strife
Thinking & Planning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
Canada? I had no idea!
Your Momiji was very nicely made! That sword and shield...

Also happy to have seen Mountain of Faith being represented.
Thank you very much! Yup, came to A Next by bus from a city outside of Toronto which is in Canada. {cross boarder to Buffalo and travel from there to A Next} Only can take credit to the Sword, Shield, tail and top shirt modified since the sleeve and bottom skirt were order aswell as the red getas.[the sword got damage so it's going to be re-made for Ota 2013]